abuse

LucySojourn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

im a little angry right now, somone came to a sandbox where I build weapons, and test them. its called the weapons testing sandbox, and began spamming heavily, at one point an object covered the entire sim about 6 feet off the ground. they then used a push that sent me to another sim world, and my computer crashed. my graphix driver no longer runs sl viewers so i cant report the abuse, and yes my computer is now damaged. anyway, how do i send an abuse report out of world?

3 answers to this question

Wow! I have never heard of an inworld griefing causing a computer meltdown. Meanwhile you might try contacting support : https://support.secondlife.com/contact-support/ and asking them how you could report. You could also try installing a third party viewer if you haven't to see if you can get inworld that way. You will need the NAME of the person involved and be aware they they will most likely not be in SL any longer after the attack.

Good luck.

Hello, LucySojourn. I know how it feels to be spammed it has happen to me a few times and caused damage to my SL viewer program. Definitely go to support and enter a ticket and try downloading a third party viewer like Phoenix.

A few things to do when you are being spammed is to ground sit so you can't be pushed. Or create a box and sit on it. That gives you enough time to teleport out of harms way. Muting the object sometimes works.

I had someone spamming me with flying boxes that were noisy with something derogatory printed on the face. I was able to catch one by right clicking on it and then chose the edit window to find out the owner and creator of the object. Also use your viewers camera to take a snapshot while it is happening so that you have evidence of the abuse along with the date,time and place of the occurrence.

Check out this Knowledge base page on "Dealing with Griefers": http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Dealing_with_Griefers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.