Issues with logging in

LyycanSilverShade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am not a  newb when it comes to SL, but this has me stumped. I was logging in fine yesterday. After I logged off and went and had dinner, I tried to log back in and now my viewer just sits on the black screen and fails to log in. I have tried everything, turning my firewall off, rebooting my router, I even went to the extent of internally rebooting my router 3 times. But now I can not even access the main second life website. I keep thinking that it is my ISP because i have had this issue before and the ISP put a block on SL. Is this what is happening again. PLEASE someone help me, I have important things I am doing inworld and can't afford to be away from it for very long. 

3 answers to this question

I bet it's our internet service provider. Do you have Spectrum? I have had same problem since about 5pm yesterday. I spent hours troubleshooting, even submitted an SL support ticket (no response yet on that), and finally contacted Spectrum today. Here's the response I got today from Spectrum : "I do apologize for the inconvenience, but there is currently a known issue we've encountered regarding some game servers and certain websites, but our engineers are engaged and working diligently to resolve this as quickly as possible. We do appreciate your patience and understanding."

I did some research (entered this same response into Google) and came upon this at Elder Scroll's (another online game) forum: "problem in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona ..." Yikes. I hope they resolve this soon. It's been nearly 24 hours. Especially when "Multiple customers are experiencing this issue." (Spectrum quote)

Like you, I have important things to do inworld. Starving breedables, probably getting kicked out of my rentals for nonpayment, etc. First world problems, lol.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.