Stenco

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

what message are you getting?  

Hi Cindy , i have not been able to log in all day june 8-2019 and through tonight june 9 - 2019. it starts the log in bar and says "logging in " but it stops and never moves forward. Is this happening to you or anyone else that you know of ?  2:58 am pacific coast. 6-9-2019

Edited by Chandria Beaumont
time stamp

7 minutes ago, Chandria Beaumont said:

Hi Cindy , i have not been able to log in all day june 8-2019 and through tonight june 9 - 2019. it starts the log in bar and says "logging in " but it stops and never moves forward. Is this happening to you or anyone else that you know of ?  2:58 am pacific coast. 6-9-2019

No but at the top of this page is grid status which is the first place to check for grid wide issues.  You should also open the viewer, don't try to log in but go to Help - About and paste the info here.  That can also help people diagnose any problems.  Finally in the viewer change your log in location to somewhere else and see if that helps.

• Like 1

I have also not been able to log in since midday June 8th.  Marketplace is down also, as well as the dashboard for SL.  The message is "The connection has been reset".  This issue

seems to be something on the West Coast USA as everyone I've heard from today has been from that area.  There is *NOTHING* on the grid status page about this and it's shocking

to me that after nearly 12 hours still no one has addressed it or has any information about it.  LL wakey wakey!!!

23 minutes ago, Rhiananna said:

to me that after nearly 12 hours still no one has addressed it or has any information about it.  LL wakey wakey!!!

Did "everyone from that area"  file a support ticket and report it?  

• Like 1

I have addressed this in another forum entitled West Coast Log In Issues.  This is a widespread issue on the west coast mainly in the northwest.  I have been on various sites overnight that have discussions regarding sites that are down and the SL is mentioned by many west coast users as being completely dead, as it is for me.  Any other ways to report it that don't involve a webpage that won't load and says "connection reset"?  If you know by all means I would love to use it.

It is yes Cindy, and many who report this are saying they have Charter/Spectrum for net providers.  No idea if this has anything to do with it or not.  Will try to check the Twitter site but I don't really use Twitter I guess I do now lol

I've been on the computer for hours trying to get information about why I cant get into SL since early morning June 8, 2019. My error message is ...cant establish a secure connection to the server "secondlife.com"

So I'm sort of glad it't not just me but I have breedables that are aging out and making last babies yesterday and today. I'm a bit pissed that I may lose some things due to the situation. Sigh. Okies. I live in lower Oregon/ Upper California so that definitely qualifies as Pacific Northwest blackout. I've been wondering if they closed the website for repairs/updates to servers before the Birthday celebrations begin. It would have been VERY nice to have a heads up and I would have pulled all my inworld critters off to an online setting where I can maintain them. I'll keep trying. There is not any information as to why this happened or when this will resolve. Hugs to all... 

Update! Yes, it is a Charter/Spectrum issue. Just ended a chat with a Spectrum rep. Here's the gist of it:

"Thank you! I do apologize for the inconvenience, but there is currently a known issue we've encountered regarding some game servers and certain websites, but our engineers are engaged and working diligently to resolve this as quickly as possible. We do appreciate your patience and understanding."

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.