Lindens dollar sales

BarbiieBiish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

15 answers to this question

Hi Barbiie!

$L are not expensive.  You get about $L250 for $1USD, so a Linden Dollar is worth about four tenths of a cent.

Also, you do not get a discount rate if you buy more $L.

However, there IS a transaction fee that can affect how much you pay for your $L.  This fee is $1.49 USD, and it is the same fixed amount, whether you buy $L1,000 or $L100,000.  This should be a part of your thinking when you buy $L.  Here is why...

Let's say I want to buy $L 10,000.  But I don't want to spend such a big chunk of money all at once, so I decide to buy $L 2,500 a week for four weeks.  Here is how that works out, assuming a constant exchange rate of $L 250 = $ 1 USD.

• Week 1:  Purchase $L 2,500.  Pay $10 USD, plus $1.49 Transaction fee.  Cost = $11.49.
  • Week 2:  Purchase $L 2,500.  Pay $10 USD, plus $1.49 Transaction fee.  Cost = $11.49.
  • Week 3:  Purchase $L 2,500.  Pay $10 USD, plus $1.49 Transaction fee.  Cost = $11.49.
  • Week 4:  Purchase $L 2,500.  Pay $10 USD, plus $1.49 Transaction fee.  Cost = $11.49.
  • Total cost for $L10,000 = $45.96 USD

Now, if I buy the $L 10,000 all at once, I only pay one transaction fee.  My cost is $40.00 USD, plus $1.49, or $41.49 USD.

It's better to buy your $L in bigger chunks, if you can!

You can also save a little money if you use the Best Rate (Limit Buy) option when you buy $L.  But you have to understand exactly how that works, or you'll get frustrated.  See my blog post, "Trade $L Like a Pro".

40 minutes ago, BarbiieBiish said:

Hello can secondlife viewers get advertisements monthly of Linden dollar sales I feel there too pricey for the rate real money being spent on there can there be sales where we can enjoy spending 50.usd on 50 lindens dollars or 100.00 on 100 thousand lindens I feel it's not priced good and were still being cheated on the amount of lindens persay for 30.00 that's only 7thousand in Linden dollars . It's like the more usd money only gets u less the amount of lindens .. can this be changed seriously please it's to pricey I would like to get my money's worth. Millions of users agree aswell .thank you 

giphy.gif.deb23b9ef60bcac2798290a581114214.gif

• Haha 3

Before Linden Lab will consider sales on their currency they will want real life examples that an on-demand variable exchange rate will work. I'll use Euros and US dollars for my example below, but this should work with most non-devalued currencies.

I suggest going to your nearest Bureau de Change or other currency conversion facility and asking them to give you 50 Euros in exchange for 50 US dollars.

Then - to prove the second part of your hypothesis - immediately hand the 50 Euros back to them (add another 50 of your own Euros to make it up to 100) and ask for those 100 Euros to be changed to 100,000 US dollars. If they protest, then - by your own admission - you have millions of people to back you up, but - more importantly - you will also have your proof that the exchange rate varies when you ask for more. However, if they willingly do this for you, you then have evidence to support your request that Linden Lab introduces the same option into Second Life.

When you have empirical evidence that a regulated currency conversion facility will willingly do this for you, you can then file a new JIRA requesting that Second Life switches to a variable, on-demand currency exchange rate.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

@Skell Dagger

c'mon be fair. Barbiie is a relatively new user.  She just wants to know if it could please be possible to get more L$ for her own RL money. Given that it costs me $NZ1.50 to buy $US1 then I kinda feel her pain

2 hours ago, BarbiieBiish said:

Hello can secondlife viewers get advertisements monthly of Linden dollar sales I feel there too pricey for the rate real money being spent on there can there be sales where we can enjoy spending 50.usd on 50 lindens dollars or 100.00 on 100 thousand lindens I feel it's not priced good and were still being cheated on the amount of lindens persay for 30.00 that's only 7thousand in Linden dollars . It's like the more usd money only gets u less the amount of lindens .. can this be changed seriously please it's to pricey I would like to get my money's worth. Millions of users agree aswell .thank you 

No.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

@Skell Dagger

c'mon be fair. Barbiie is a relatively new user.  She just wants to know if it could please be possible to get more L$ for her own RL money. Given that it costs me $NZ1.50 to buy $US1 then I kinda feel her pain

I feel your pain on the exchange rate. But thats life. 

Btw this person probably Isn't new and has made a troll alt to bring to the forums. Its the second nonsense post today from this person.

55 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

@Skell Dagger

I am being perfectly fair. The OP contradicts herself in the post. First of all she wants an exchange rate of 1:1 -

3 hours ago, BarbiieBiish said:

where we can enjoy spending 50.usd on 50 lindens dollars

And in the same sentence she also wants an exchange rate of 1:1000 -

3 hours ago, BarbiieBiish said:

or 100.00 on 100 thousand lindens

All at will. That's an on-demand variable exchange rate. My reply was merely a tongue-in-cheek way of showing her that there is no regulated currency outlet in the world who will do that for her. She would be asking LL to devalue their currency by 1000% on demand, which would see Second Life closed in a matter of months as its economy tanked.

I'll compromise with you, and redact my previous answer. Here is my new answer:

No.

Better? Does it explain, when you read between the lines of that word, why the answer is 'no'? Would it have been better for you to answer her other question about a completely re-coded inventory-sorting method (that would likely be impossible for LL to achieve, and - if even attempted - would take months of work)  with the words "No, you can't have that", instead of explaining how she could sort her own inventory? Would that have helped her to understand why?

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

The OP contradicts herself in the post. First of all she wants an exchange rate of 1:1 -

And in the same sentence she also wants an exchange rate of 1:1000 -

typo

a explanation of how to do a buy order on the Lindex would have been more helpful rather than a lecture on international money. When the latter is all that is given then a simple No is more helpful

Not a new account -- April of LAST year does not qualify as "new" in my book.

Possible trolling though, considering that her only 2 forums posts ever were new threads containing absolutely ridiculous requests and she never came back to comment on either of those threads.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BarbiieBiish said:

First off I simply suggested that they upgrade the inventory yes I am new here and like i said it's a mess where u cant find things u buy at the time. Another thing yes they lindens are hella expensive no way was I contradicting myself on what I said you don't get enough lindens for price they cost .. Anyways it seems a few of u that's replying to my post feel some type of way about what I said meaning @the no chick you seem to be ignorance and dumb minded so you can stay in your little mind box cause u Didnt understand anything I said... 

Inventory window has a Recent tab that defaults to everything received since Logoff:
image.png.ae2934815facd618afe0eb6b823245d6.png

You can modify the filters to change the time span and even the type of item you are looking for. Click gear shift, click Show Filters, adjust as desired:
image.png.c93335353746a6bfa43e466171c79dfc.png      image.png.26c19a0f51b46ff742d4bddb83de93b5.png

If you buy items from the MP, you will find them in the "Received items" area:
image.png.d2fa0e4cfec7d78780ec04b74e4f1840.png

Also note that you SHOULD create your own inventory organization method.  Not everyone wants their inventory organized the same way. Also, you most definitely should NOT be leaving everything at the top level anyway, or even just shoving everything into the Clothing / Objects / other folders without further breaking things down into sub-folders.  Not having enough sub-folders can eventually cause you log in issues.

On 6/9/2019 at 11:16 AM, BarbiieBiish said:

First off I simply suggested that they upgrade the inventory yes I am new here and like i said it's a mess where u cant find things u buy at the time. Another thing yes they lindens are hella expensive no way was I contradicting myself on what I said you don't get enough lindens for price they cost .. Anyways it seems a few of u that's replying to my post feel some type of way about what I said meaning @the no chick you seem to be ignorance and dumb minded so you can stay in your little mind box cause u Didnt understand anything I said... 

pay attention to the forums,  people have COWS over price changes with fee's. THIS, would make most of us leave,  because there is no way,  it would just tank the economy flooding the market like that or there would be very little for content creators to cash out on,  not going to waste time, making and selling items if all I am getting is .50 cents for 10,000 items sold.   yeah no, pass. this idea is bad.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.