Inventory settings folder > Skies unusable VIEWER 2

lapopo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1789411970_SLSKIES.PNG.6d168c3b93d1a3d8ceec541d3575f4c9.PNGHello,

In the folder "settings" in my inventory the old skies I imported became unusable. They are named "?xxx" and there is no context menu when right clicked (besides properties and rename). Could you help me?

13 answers to this question

Thank you very much Whirly, I got my skies back.  I have a new computer and I guess I downloaded another viewer.

But now the the skies don't look good (atmospheric shaders is checked), especially the clouds

• Like 1

I applied that setting to a region.

Looking at the region sky on the default release viewer, Second Life Release 6.2.2.527338 (64bit),  this is what I see.
Toggling ALM does not change the look of the sky at all, as expected.
https://i.gyazo.com/e841f6028775e8c1daf31bcb66f91de6.mp4

On the EEP-RC viewer, Second Life Release 6.4.0.527723 (64bit). this is what I see.
https://i.gyazo.com/2f1f96aa53ad5514c8251f191762a337.mp4

The sun isn't rendering correctly & when ALM is disabled the sky is totally black.

• Thanks 1

Thank you very much Whirly.

Yes, I'm using the EEP-RC  6.4.0.527723 (64bit) an the skies don't look good at all.

I think I will go back to the default release viewer because I havn't manage to create such beautiful skies with my current viewer. I have a lot of skies in my inventory, so i'm going to note the settings before changing the viewer and I will try to recreate them on the default viewer.

I hope the EEP viewer will be improved because SL with no magic skies becomes less interesting for me :)

Thanks again for your help!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.