Please rework premium homes acquisition so everyone has a chance

Mercy Nightingale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, AutresDeSade said:

Hmm what if they did it alphabetically and numerically? For instance they announce "june 30 there will be 1000 houses and 900 houseboats available for premium members with names from a to e". Whatever is leftover could be offered to the next 0 to 2 starting names. If the amount of a-e goes above then they would be in line for the next lump of homes along with f-j names and 3-5 names. Itay sound confusing but 8t could be worked out better. Its a thought tho😜🤪

Then Id get mine before you 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, AutresDeSade said:

Hmm what if they did it alphabetically and numerically? For instance they announce "june 30 there will be 1000 houses and 900 houseboats available for premium members with names from a to e". Whatever is leftover could be offered to the next 0 to 2 starting names. If the amount of a-e goes above then they would be in line for the next lump of homes along with f-j names and 3-5 names.Or wait till the end of the alphabet and start the letter and number groups over for remaining that didnt get theirs in time due to whatever reason. It may sound confusing but it could be worked out better. Its a thought tho😜🤪

I'll take my chances with Refresh Roulette. I don't need LL calling my name the same time AARP is looking for me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I don't think there will ever be a fair way that will make everyone happy.   I didn't have to camp at my computer to get a houseboat, I was just lucky I was off that day and was able to get one.  Otherwise I would have been out of luck.

• Like 5

As a bystander to some drama a few years back, I know there to seemingly be no limit to alts.  A spurned pixel lover began stalking his ex, and then the entire circle of friends began receiving  umpteen numbers of messages from anonymous alts.  That aside, I'm newly premium (last 48 hours), after almost 10 years here.  I'm not phased enough at not getting a new home yet to have feelings over it, but I did get excited when the chrome extension beeped at me to say that the search term came up.  I wasn't quick enough tho, and lost it.

I'll just keep letting it run in the background till I finally catch one :) 

I think waiting lists would make it far longer a wait over all than it already is.

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
i had a brain fart and had to add in missing words.
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, AutresDeSade said:

Hmm what if they did it alphabetically and numerically?

next to the fact this wouldn't be less unfair as the others... think many people starting around "k" and "5" would give their premium up...with the tempo of the release of new homes would take years before they are able to get one.

Edited by Fox Wijaya
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, karynmaria said:

I don't think there will ever be a fair way that will make everyone happy. 

I think this is probably true. Everyone will eventually be able to have a new theme home (however not necessarily the one they would prefer - but that was true of the first gen too). I get that LL wanted to get homes out to people as quick as possible rather than wait 2 years or something to have them all ready at once...there are advantages to that, but at the same time I totally understand the frustration people are feeling over not being able to get one for what could be quite a while - they are seeing something nice and new and want to experience that too, especially with the positive hype generated on the forum, yet they can't but can see others being able to, so it generates a feeling of unfairness.

But I'm not sure there is a perfect way LL could have done this. If they had waited 2 years and did one big roll out people would have criticised them for taking so long. They are not able to implement a system of waiting lists, so that option is out. Rolling out in stages makes those who missed out unhappy. Maybe not put up the premium till all the houses were rolled out? Well for whatever reason they felt they didn't want to (or couldn't) do that (I see some benefit to LL for not doing that).

My own personal opinion is that I would rather they had rolled out all the themes at once, to avoid this land grab scenario and feeling of missing out some members are feeling. That to me would have been the fairest system. All the homes available, all members able to get one. I would be okay with waiting for that, and them having raised the premium in the meantime, considering how many years there has been no premium hike.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

especially with the positive hype generated on the forum

i think it peaked to soon and too fast, and not enough communication about the very limited availablity, everybody was in a adrenaline boost and didn't respond/thought in a reasonable way anymore.

But I'm not sure there is a perfect way LL could have done this.

there isn't  :)  but in some ways it wasn't overthought very well, and still isn't. It's too slow, and not enough. But everybody, also LL themself have to deal with that.

All the homes available, all members able to get one. I would be okay with waiting for that, and them having raised the premium in the meantime, considering how many years there has been no premium hike.

yes, would be a good thing. But fighting against the idea they want to make everything unique. It takes too long to be reasonable or a good idea. That last is something you can genuily question. Would be something wrong with make a actual copy of the current new premium continent?... mirrored against the current Belliseria, it would look different, i think it would be ok, it's so large that only changing the type of homes and some minor landscaping would justify to do so and change the plan a bit to offer the users what they look for.. The release every month with only a very limited amount is painfull, and hurting sign ups ánd i think the choice of people to stáy premium. The grandfathering of the premium fees for one more cycle is only a little bandage to try keep them. I think we say nothing wrong, and only a conclusion, LL always had some other ideas how their userbase thought, even not always consistent, confusing and sometimes even completely wrong.

15 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

Would be something wrong with make a actual copy of the current new premium continent?... mirrored against the current Belliseria, it would look different, i think it would be ok, it's so large that only changing the type of homes and some minor landscaping would justify to do so and change the plan a bit to offer the users what they look for.. The release every month with only a very limited amount is painfull, and hurting sign ups ánd i think the choice of people to stáy premium. The grandfathering of the premium fees for one more cycle is only a little bandage to try keep them.

Agreed. I think it's great that they wanted to have a bit more of a varied landscape but I also agree, it wouldn't be too bad to mirror some regions or even Bellisaria as you suggest  in order to facilitate a quicker rollout, I really don't think people would mind too much. Maybe it depends on what the future themes are, I'm guessing they'll need another continent to have enough homes, and maybe those themes don't fit wit the Bellisseria design.  Yes, I would hazard a guess that it's hurting sign ups a bit , but who knows maybe the percentage who are sticking with premium after signing up because they want the new homes is greater than those dropping it...we'll never know:) The limited time offer on the fees certainly helps.

Not everyone at LL will be satisfied with the new idea. Especially landowners who rent or sell land may see a threat in this matter. Not that you would boycott the thing, but you will not mind if it slows down a bit. I think this is a difficult birth and will not be easy.

14 hours ago, Masha Eilde said:

2.  One premium home per account.  Stop allowing people to claim these high-demand homes for alts.

you don't have to ask that, because it is already, only one per account. You only make the mistake to think alts are seen as non accounts or some sub division. Every account is seperate for LL, so every paying one is allowed to have a home.
You can't even see if a second account is a alternative one.. it could perfectly be you live with 20 people in one building with one main ISP connection... how you determine alts in that case?
If alternative accounts get locked out, there should come a very good explaining and refund. I seriously doubt they will do that... also for the reason that really many active members have multiple paying alts. It would cost LL really lot of income to limit the premium benefits on those, not sure they would be able to manage that with the curent need for cash.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

You naughty little foxy you.  LMAO They are single PG beds. And the Buddha is starring right at people like a parent. lol. 

a friend of me has a houseboat in the nearby area, i'll tell him to sail around and have a look  :)  ( not to the beds!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sad to say but nothing is going to change on how they are going to distribute these houses and how quickly more are going to be released.

I am also frustrated in there process of releasing these new homes and the advertisement that they are offered with a premium subscription is false advertisement right now.. Lucky if they get new players they will probably not realize the advantages of these new homes compared to the old junky ones.

I feel that since they are allowing older players to extend there old pricing for awhile they feel this is a benefit. I have a gripe with that also so those that were able to snag one of these new homes are also able to take advantage of this privilege does that seem completely fair? So still they have an advantage over the rest us.

My question is, When will you release more?

I feel it is going to be a end of year thing before most people get one or even the start of next year and why I think that is because they are allowing subscription prices to be extended to the end of the year if you renew the annual.

All I say is linden will continue to have half of the people happy and the other half unhappy until this is resolved.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, tootsiepop1 said:

I feel that since they are allowing older players to extend there old pricing for awhile they feel this is a benefit. I have a gripe with that also so those that were able to snag one of these new homes are also able to take advantage of this privilege does that seem completely fair? So still they have an advantage over the rest us.

Are you saying that they should have allowed only those without new homes to lock in the current rates for an additional term? Maybe that would be fair IF those without homes who were the only ones allowed to extend the old rate were not allowed to get new homes until another annual subscription term had passed. I mean, I wouldn't think it would be any more fair (in your scenario) for YOU to get the old rate and then get a new home in a few weeks. Right?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, tootsiepop1 said:

Can I ask why you say it's only older players? As in people who signed up for premium a week ago? They are old?

Listen, I understand you frustration. I am frustrated when I miss good offers too. The resentment against those who heard about it and acted upon it, is a bit harder to understand.

Some call it "snag", others call it to be aware. So many... not just you, but the OP comes here with one or 10 posts before. Yes, those who followed the forum got an advantage. They could read about the preview houses. They could read the release should be "soon" and logged in every day to see if it was any news.

The day the houses/boats was released, I should be in a cabin without internet. I was "lucky" enough to get health problems and could not go skiing uphill. So I was lucky enough to stay back in the city while the rest of the family went on Easter vacation. I should have missed it, if not for my backpain.

It was unlucky for you (and the OP and all the other almost first time posters) that you never read anything on the forums. But now everyone makes new threads, the forum is good enough now.

I understand that people work long shifts, and that some can not bring their phone to work. It is possible to claim homes on a phone. The release time can be when you are at work. Or when someone else are at work. Or sleeping. In class. Or in the hospital. The list is so long.

But there are some who abandon. Some get disappointed, some want banlines and will not live a place that don't allow banlines. Some are used to more prims, and find it impossible to decorate as they are used to. Some find Bellisseria too laggy.

If you with long hours at work are home, with your computer, you can have an auto refresh on the homes page, with an alert when "Bellisseria" comes up. You can "snag" one of the houses that will be abandoned later, I am sure there will be some. Then your chances are as good as any of the others who monitor the page.

Edited by Marianne Little
typos
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I'm not completely sure whether you think that only the older players can extend their membership for another year or are complaining that everyone can extend their membership another year for the lower price.  Anyone can extend their membership for another year at the lower price -- well, per another post, possibly not anyone that first purchased their membership on or after June 3rd.

• Like 3

All I say is linden will continue to have half of the people happy and the other half unhappy until this is resolved.

I'll give you the low down on this:  LL will always have people unhappy about something - because that is just how life is, whether SL or RL. 

Even after there are enough new Linden Homes for everyone, people will complain -- because they can't get the theme they want or they can't get the location they want, or even that they must move to the new area and cannot keep their OLD Linden Home.  

• Like 6

• Administrators

Sadly there is no way for us to do this at the present.  It will not scale, and developing a system to replace the current one would quite possibly take more time than it takes us to scale up with more house inventory.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 15
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.