I think it’s been long enough now to say...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

29 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Ready Player One was boring, overhyped, not as similar to SL as some people deluded themselves it was and overall was a mediocre drab movie that just wouldn’t get to the point.

Discuss...

...thing. 

I've seen this overhyping phenomena in other genres. For example, if some surfing movie were to come out, the surfer forums and community would be all hyped about it. RP1 certainly wasn't a cinematic jewel but for those who recognized the nostalgic references it was better than most. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 2:28 PM, Jules Catlyn said:

I didn't expect a masterpiece and enjoyed it.

This. When people go in with expectations they are more often then not disappointed. LOL

I already knew that Speilberg fell off his horse in great movie-making years ago, so I went in expecting carappola. I liked it as mindless fun. Like most of the Marvel and other movies these days, high-production value, shallow characters, stupid story, but mindless fun.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

I thought it was good and it had a lot of parallels with SL as well as other games that I know a lot less about!  The story was far-fetched, but then it's meant to be set in a future beset by urban decay and also in a future virtual world.  It takes what we have now and what's on the tech horizon and pushes it to one particular logical conclusion.  An alternative logical conclusion might be a world where the internet and computer games have done so much damage to society that they've been banned!  That would make a very different film.

Edited by Conifer Dada

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1767 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.