Gambling Game in SL Stores for Outfits

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Glad I never played gachas, as I have an addictive personality.

I do, too, however I play gachas (and lived in Las Vegas for years and enjoyed playing the slots) and I'm not addicted. If they all disappeared tomorrow, it'd be no skin off my back. Like everything in SL, it's entertainment. There are other things that could disappear that I'd be far more upset about. 

Give yourself credit for being aware you have an addictive personality and the ability to recognize it and NOT get addicted to everything that comes your way. 

Ok I've read everyone's comments and I have a few things to mention before I'm ready to move on.

People say often that you have a choice not to play. But sometimes you encounter something that is perfect, beyond your dreams. This can happen with clothes yes, but also with a car, a piece of furniture, anything. You choose not to play unless you meet something that you really want. That is the power of gacha. Of all the items to be sold as such there is always someone who got to got that item because it is not featured anywhere else.

Then there is the argument that you will get something in return, and so it can't be gambling. But if you get the same outfit twice or for the 3rd time, in a color that is hard to sell (which is often black and purple), the item is useless anyway and not of any value. Also, the nature of gambling remains the same, because you don't know what you will get for the price you play. In a fair market, the buyer and seller always agree upon a specific price and the goods to be traded for that price.

If for example, you stand at the McDonalds counter, and they strip the burger from the bun, the ketchup, lettuce, onions in different random items to be gained for the price of one dollar, you can imagine what will happen. You will sometimes have to pay 20 or 30 dollar before you will get a complete burger. That is exactly the nature of gacha's. Why is it that gacha's are ok for clothes and not for food? Suppose meals are split up in a restaurant, or the supermarket will start having gacha's on things you want. If gacha's are ok for clothes, then from a legal point of view, it can be ok for anything. What if secondlife pets become gacha. What if your favorite beachhouse becomes gacha. What if you have to pay 50L for a certain 'premium rare' teleport and you don't know where you are teleported to.

Then people say that you can look on the marketplace. But the only items you will find there are the ones that nobody wants. The vendors create certain color choices that are hard to match with any outfit or avatar, which is often black and purple. So you cannot resell them. Suppose you are in McDonalds again and their burgers are gacha. Then a resellers market will arise close to the counter but at a certain point this market will plummet because not all the items are available to make a complete burger. New customers will not buy items on the reseller market because they have the chance to get that item when playing gacha themselves, or have to wait ages before that item becomes available as reseller.

What is commercial activity based upon? It is based on lots of activity from the vendor to make life as easy as possible for the customer as part of the service. This is why they wipe your table at McDonalds and don't have to do the dishes . This is why you try an outfit at an apparel store and don't have to put it back yourself. They are supposed to make life easier for you, not harder. With gacha you end up paying more for the items that you need, and you end up with items that you don't need, for which you have to spend time and effort to resell them again. For some people this might be fun, but for others it is a huge pain in the ass, especially if they can pay any reasonable price if the price was fixed and listed.

Finally, the argument that gacha's are legal. Yes, they are legal. But once it was legal to sell heroine as cough syrup. Not so long ago asbestos was legal, and over the counter derivatives. Anything can be legal or illegal, we just have to think about if it is desired to be either legal or illegal, and what it is based upon; do we feel the need to protect commercial activities, or do we need to protect the customer and the individual.

Any market that is lucrative has the potential to become big. Now let's say the total amount of products (or income) from gacha's is currently 5%. Would we be ok with it, if that figure would be 10% in 3 years and 25% in 10 years? Would we be ok with it if real life follows suit, appreciating the example of secondlife, and these figures will also be realized in normal society?

Do I think these things will happen? That's not the issue, hopefully it illustrates the point I'm trying to make.

25 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You might be amazed to find out that many (if not most) people do have an addictive personality to some degree.

And yes, you are forgiven. flower.gif.f34436c32b485c225f5e05451355b75d.gif

I think there is those that can have a problem and then there are those that can be addicted..

There is a pretty big difference in those..

I've known people that are problem drinkings and then some that are alcoholics..

To be a problem drinker,all that is required is for your drinking to impact your life in a negative way..Something as simple as someone calling into work because of a hangover..

Starting projects and having to get beer or whatever and stopping the project to hang out with buddies drinking rather than finishing the project.

Addiction it becomes a part of their lives to the point that it becomes their lives and will more than likely be the death of them one day.

I know more problem drinkers than I do alcoholics. Because for awhile there I had a few projects around the house getting half done until I laid the law down on them boys,,hehehehe

A problem drinker you can straighten them up real quick..Someone addicted,they are an alcoholic for the rest of their lives even if they stop the drinking.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Glad I never played gachas, as I have an addictive personality.

I'm glad to hear that. But sadly there are those who do. Someone with an addictive personality can spend 10K on a gacha, do it the next day again and so on. Do we really need that? Who or what is benefited by that? We can say that those people have to smarten up, or we can try to protect them.

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think there is those that can have a problem and then there are those that can be addicted..

There is a pretty big difference in those..

I've known people that are problem drinkings and then some that are alcoholics..

To be a problem drinker,all that is required is for your drinking to impact your life in a negative way..Something as simple as someone calling into work because of a hangover..

Starting projects and having to get beer or whatever and stopping the project to hang out with buddies drinking rather than finishing the project.

Addiction it becomes a part of their lives to the point that it becomes their lives and will more than likely be the death of them one day.

I know more problem drinkers than I do alcoholics. Because for awhile there I had a few projects around the house getting half done until I laid the law down on them boys,,hehehehe

Call them however you want - both kinds are called alcoholics by science ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fionalein said:

Call them however you want - both kinds are called alcoholics by science ;)

That's not just my outlook,it's many states outlook as well..just talk to anyone that ever took and class for drinking and driving or substance abuse.

1 minute ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I used to play gachas a bit. I got to the point where they just feel like broken vendors to me. So I don't put money into them any more.

The thing that made me stay away from them mostly is,all the useless junk that is in there with them..like 5 different flavors of a slushie..

When all i want is the jacket, top and shorts. hehehehe

I usually wait a day or so for the things to hit the MP and find the one low balling the rest of them..hehehehe

• Like 4

In past played Gachas machine, like few rounds back at Epiphany was dress I wanted and matching shoes and I admit I was lucky; got within in 3 pulls however honestly, Gachas don't really have a big pull for me and if I see designer as released a fat pack to buy separately as part of it then I am more likely to spend on that since more designers are including fat packs at the event from what I have observed.

I know The Arcade is open, I have few items I want which I may look later on MP for and might give what I have to Gacha re-seller to resell as not really sure how go about doing in world myself so be willing for help on that but anyways as i mentioned said event is open and not feeling inclined to go! :D 

25 minutes ago, Burt Bolissima said:

I'm glad to hear that. But sadly there are those who do. Someone with an addictive personality can spend 10K on a gacha, do it the next day again and so on. Do we really need that? Who or what is benefited by that? We can say that those people have to smarten up, or we can try to protect them.

There is a thing called personal responsibility. If someone can't control themselves, that's not really my problem. That sounds callous, but just because someone has a problem controlling themselves doesn't mean I should have to suffer. 

38 minutes ago, Burt Bolissima said:

In a fair market, the buyer and seller always agree upon a specific price and the goods to be traded for that price.

You are doing that exact thing when you play a gacha. You are agreeing to pay a specific price and the seller is agreeing that you will get one of the items in the machine. Do you get pissed when you put a nickel in a gumball machine and don't get a red one?

40 minutes ago, Burt Bolissima said:

If for example, you stand at the McDonalds counter, and they strip the burger from the bun, the ketchup, lettuce, onions in different random items to be gained for the price of one dollar, you can imagine what will happen. You will sometimes have to pay 20 or 30 dollar before you will get a complete burger. That is exactly the nature of gacha's. Why is it that gacha's are ok for clothes and not for food? Suppose meals are split up in a restaurant, or the supermarket will start having gacha's on things you want. If gacha's are ok for clothes, then from a legal point of view, it can be ok for anything. What if secondlife pets become gacha. What if your favorite beachhouse becomes gacha. What if you have to pay 50L for a certain 'premium rare' teleport and you don't know where you are teleported to.

If I'm willing to pay that $20-$30 to get the burger I want, and I know up front that this is the way McDonald's is selling their burgers, there is zero problem with that. The thing is that it's never going to happen.

Now, if McDonald's kept their regular menu, as SL merchants do, and also made a food gacha with special burgers that couldn't be bought off the menu and it was a game of chance to see which one I'd get, knowing that for $2 I'm going to get a burger of some sort that is worth at least $2, and might be worth $10, I think that sounds super fun! And if I can turn around to the guy behind me and he happens to want the burger I got, and is willing to pay me $3 to ensure he gets the burger he wants, why is there a problem with that?

Also, there are many gachas that are beach houses and SL pets. It literally is okay for anything to be a gacha. 

I would absolutely pay L$50 for goofy random teleport like that. Sounds like super fun, too! Somebody make this happen!

44 minutes ago, Burt Bolissima said:

Then people say that you can look on the marketplace. But the only items you will find there are the ones that nobody wants. The vendors create certain color choices that are hard to match with any outfit or avatar, which is often black and purple. So you cannot resell them. Suppose you are in McDonalds again and their burgers are gacha. Then a resellers market will arise close to the counter but at a certain point this market will plummet because not all the items are available to make a complete burger. New customers will not buy items on the reseller market because they have the chance to get that item when playing gacha themselves, or have to wait ages before that item becomes available as reseller.

This is absolutely untrue of the MP. Since you seem to not have heard of gachas before this week, you may also be unaware that there are people who spend thousands upon thousands of lindens on gachas with the singular purpose of selling them on the MP. Unless it's a super old item, it's very rare that you can't find the item you're looking for on the MP. Also, who says black and purple aren't popular? Those are two of my favorite colors and are the very ones I'd probably keep or buy on the MP.

47 minutes ago, Burt Bolissima said:

What is commercial activity based upon? It is based on lots of activity from the vendor to make life as easy as possible for the customer as part of the service. This is why they wipe your table at McDonalds and don't have to do the dishes . This is why you try an outfit at an apparel store and don't have to put it back yourself. 

Dude, neither of these things are about making life easy as possible for customers. McDonald's employees are cleaning those tables because people are gross and won't do it and McDonald's has visits from  health inspectors that will shut them down if the tables aren't cleaned and it attracts roaches or mice.

You don't put clothes back yourself because the store is making sure that you aren't stealing them and that they're put back in the right spot and in the right way so they don't have to spend hours and hours (which they do anyway) to put everything back where it goes. It's for their ease, not yours. 

50 minutes ago, Burt Bolissima said:

Finally, the argument that gacha's are legal. Yes, they are legal. But once it was legal to sell heroine as cough syrup. Not so long ago asbestos was legal, and over the counter derivatives. Anything can be legal or illegal, we just have to think about if it is desired to be either legal or illegal, and what it is based upon; do we feel the need to protect commercial activities, or do we need to protect the customer and the individual.

Both of those things are lethal and will kill people dead if used incorrectly. A gacha is not going to kill anyone. People can become addicted to anything. SL in itself can be addicting for some people. Should we just close it down to protect those people? How about eating? There are plenty of people who are addicted to food. Let's make food illegal! Sex? There are support groups and treatment facilities all over the world for people addicted to sex. Let's make that illegal, too! 

52 minutes ago, Burt Bolissima said:

Any market that is lucrative has the potential to become big. Now let's say the total amount of products (or income) from gacha's is currently 5%. Would we be ok with it, if that figure would be 10% in 3 years and 25% in 10 years? Would we be ok with it if real life follows suit, appreciating the example of secondlife, and these figures will also be realized in normal society?

Do I think these things will happen? That's not the issue, hopefully it illustrates the point I'm trying to make.

if the market bears that 10% or 25%, then clearly we're okay with that. 

You don't get to be the arbiter of what is morally or ethically wrong. You don't get to take away something a lot of people enjoy because you don't like it. I hate mushrooms. Can we get rid of those? If people didn't enjoy gachas and put their lindens in them, there would be no gachas. 

You're being incredibly over the top with this whole thing. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's not just my outlook,it's many states outlook as well..just talk to anyone that ever took and class for drinking and driving or substance abuse.

Instead of using the legal/government's definition, you should be using the clinical one. Clinically, there is no difference between problem drinkers and alcoholics. They are the same even if some of the behaviors differ.

15 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Instead of using the legal/government's definition, you should be using the clinical one. Clinically, there is no difference between problem drinkers and alcoholics. They are the same even if some of the behaviors differ.

7E2FE74F-95AB-43D1-8220-52E8FF624529.jpeg

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I was using treatment center definitions. rehabs and such,Because that is where the law sends people to.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

I can make a long list of things that I want in SL, but it's hard to make much of a list of things that I need.  When I go looking for something and don't see it, I either keep looking or make it myself or take it off my "want" list.  Gachas have zero appeal to me, because I don't need to collect more "stuff" that I really don't care for and I have better things to do with my time than to put extras up for resale.  But that's just me, not everyone. The bottom lines, as far as I am concerned:

• If you don't like gachas, walk away.
  • If you want to buy a specific item, shop for it. Don't pay for a random chance in a gumball machine.
  • But if you do like gachas and see randomness as part of the fun of shopping, go for it.  And don't complain when you get an avocado gumball instead of a cherry one. 
  • Like 5

51 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

But you didn't call them functional alcoholics or high functioning alcoholics? Those are the correct terms for what you described aren't they? confusedcat.gif.f32f4ceda54f661edcd5199077638fe6.gif

Sounds like a way to call everyone that ever called in for a hangover an alcoholic if you ask me.. hehehehe

The people I know that went to classes used the term problem drinker..I didn't ever have to take classes so maybe they call it something else..

ETA: I decided to look it up and here is what I found.. a problem drinker can become an alcoholic ,but not all problem drinkers are alcoholics.

Alcoholism

According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), alcoholism is defined by:

• Tolerance: The need to drink more and more in order to feel a buzz or get drunk is one of the hallmarks of alcoholism.
  • Physical dependence: After tolerance develops, many drinkers find that when they are without a certain amount of alcohol in their systems, they go into detox characterized by withdrawal symptoms.
  • Cravings: Additionally, when without alcohol, many drinkers crave alcohol and cannot stop thinking about getting a drink until they have one in their hands.
  • Compulsive drinking: Alcoholics are unable to stop drinking once they start. It’s almost impossible to have just one.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Sounds like a way to call everyone that ever called in for a hangover an alcoholic if you ask me.. hehehehe

The people I know that went to classes used the term problem drinker..I didn't ever have to take classes so maybe they call it something else..

ETA: I decided to look it up and here is what I found.. a problem drinker can become an alcoholic ,but not all problem drinkers are alcoholics.

Alcoholism

According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), alcoholism is defined by:

• Tolerance: The need to drink more and more in order to feel a buzz or get drunk is one of the hallmarks of alcoholism.
  • Physical dependence: After tolerance develops, many drinkers find that when they are without a certain amount of alcohol in their systems, they go into detox characterized by withdrawal symptoms.
  • Cravings: Additionally, when without alcohol, many drinkers crave alcohol and cannot stop thinking about getting a drink until they have one in their hands.
  • Compulsive drinking: Alcoholics are unable to stop drinking once they start. It’s almost impossible to have just one.

I agree. They aren't. Yet. 

Robert Huebner, PhD, of the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. No one, he warns, “can drink heavily and maintain major responsibilities over long periods of time. If someone drinks heavily, it is going to catch up with them.”

I had to grow up around "problem drinkers" who were, in reality, alcoholics. Two of whom worked for the state, one in a very high stress job, the other was a governor appointed position.

Anyway, maybe you can find something here that will help you to see my point. https://www.rethinkingdrinking.niaaa.nih.gov/

I have several problems with gachas:

• They further the no-mod culture, because you can't sell colors as well if people can mod what they bought.
  • They encourage quantity over quality, because you have to create a dozen of items, meshs for a gacha are primarily there to provide an enticing picture.
  • Due to the low per-spin price, there is no incentive for the creator to go the extra mile per-item, so scripting will be minimal, or more often than not, inexistent, while options will be provided through separate prizes only.

Now onto the gacha machine itself:

• There is no guarantee on odds, in fact most creators don't publish the odds. Labeling an item as "Rare" is not publishing odds.
  • Is the machine actually random?
  • Is it more likely to give rares if there are more people in the store? ( like some slot machine jackpots )
  • Is it less likely to give a rare if someone is playing in rapid succession? ( "sucker detection" )
  • Does it tries to detect the item you are trying to get (if you keep playing it means you haven't received it yet and it could then just feed you duplicates)
  • Does it try to give you as many duplicates as possible?
  • If the odds are published (like that ever happens) do they reflect the actual odds the machine is using?

Those are just over the top of my head, actual gambling in SL is under a lot of scrutiny and there are laws to comply with, gachas? not so much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I have read a lot of the arguments on this, and I am one of those "evil gacha resellers" that purchase from gacha machines and resell at higher (or buy from yardsales, and again, resell higher).  There is a high market of resellers, and those who want to purchase them.

Like anything else, you should do the research before purchasing...and in gachas, in a lot of places, it IS possible to find the odds.  Not all machines, however, a lot of the designer's machines have the percentage on the description line.  Some events have a requirement on the percentage that the people are allowed to place their machines at.  And if worded properly, I am sure a lot of creators will be happy to answer what their machine is set at.

Also, i do know a LOT of creators do offer the ability to exchange your gacha for a copy/no trans option.  Some have this as an automatic option, some have it as other requirements, such as you must have purchased the full set from their machine, or you have to collect the whole set (sometimes unopened boxes), before they will do so.

In searching for pieces that you are looking for, using the MP shouldn't be the whole process.  There are many groups out there for gachas.  You can usually join the creator's store group, and ask for trades (most won't allow you to say "I want to buy x" or "I want to sell x", but will allow you to say "I want to trade x for x").  There are also many gacha traders and resell groups, that you can ask in.  And yes...what you think is the color that "no one wants"...well, i see it all the time, that people look for it.

I believe a lot of creators have headed to Gachas, as the cost of items have gone down.  Yes, this has created an artificial inflation, but when an item has gone down from say 850, to 250 or less, and now people "require" huds with 10 or more colors, instead of just 1...and even sometimes have to rely on 50L sales on items, well, i do think they have had to look elsewhere to create an income flow.  I know there are some "bad" gachas out there, where someone includes 1 or 2 items that are "good", then the rest are soemthing most dont' want, but I know that there are many creators who take a LOT of time, and energy to create an awesome product...and do this month after month, if not week after week.

I do look at it from a customer's POV.  although I do purchase for resell, there are times I look at "why".  Such as...if a person has adult clothes, but stuffed animals...I have no use for lingerie/etc as a kid avatar, but i certainly do want that stuffed animal.  I may moan a bit, at the unfairness of it...however, I either choose to buy the items i don't want, til i do get the one i do want, and resell/trade the others....or i find someone who has it (mp or trade groups_, and purchase or trade.

I don't think any creator is doing this to "cheat the player playing the machine"...they work hard to create a quality product.  However, all in all, it is their choice.  If Tiffany's made a ring, worth $5000...however, ONLY sold it in London England...I can complain, but it IS their choice to do so.  And, as the consumer, I can choose to either pay the plane ticket (and all other ensuing costs, including passport requirements), or purchase it from a secondary source...whether they charge more or less.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

I have several problems with gachas:

• They further the no-mod culture, because you can't sell colors as well if people can mod what they bought.
  • They encourage quantity over quality, because you have to create a dozen of items, meshs for a gacha are primarily there to provide an enticing picture.
  • Due to the low per-spin price, there is no incentive for the creator to go the extra mile per-item, so scripting will be minimal, or more often than not, inexistent, while options will be provided through separate prizes only.

Now onto the gacha machine itself:

• There is no guarantee on odds, in fact most creators don't publish the odds. Labeling an item as "Rare" is not publishing odds.
  • Is the machine actually random?
  • Is it more likely to give rares if there are more people in the store? ( like some slot machine jackpots )
  • Is it less likely to give a rare if someone is playing in rapid succession? ( "sucker detection" )
  • Does it tries to detect the item you are trying to get (if you keep playing it means you haven't received it yet and it could then just feed you duplicates)
  • Does it try to give you as many duplicates as possible?
  • If the odds are published (like that ever happens) do they reflect the actual odds the machine is using?

Those are just over the top of my head, actual gambling in SL is under a lot of scrutiny and there are laws to comply with, gachas? not so much.

No mod items...I don't see where they do it any more than in the store.  Most items have a baked AO...if you change it, by using your own textures, you lose a LOT of the details, such as shadows and folds.  I do purchase a lot of items, such as hair, that *is* modifiable.  However, what i do find is ruining the "mod" culture, is when people are copy-botting them, and selling them, making the creators change to a no-mod status.

Quantity over quality...maybe it's the events that i go to, but most are of very high quality.  These creators take a LOT of time and effort.  there MIGHT be a couple of throw'ins, such as a rug or a pillow...but most of the time, i see as much quality in those, as would be in the store, also.

"Extra mile per-item".  I do see a lot of creators adding in good value.  A lot of animations and choice of textures/etc.  The only ones I would say wouldn't, are if the product would normally be a $1000L or more item, such as adult items.  I don't deal with those items, however, i would imagine that yes, if an item would be a higher cost item than say $500L in their regular store, they probably do not put it in a gacha.  And...i honestly think there are people who create MORE items, and quality items, to "keep up" with events that they place their machines in, and do a nice variety of items...probably more than if they did not have gacha machines.

Guarantee on odds:  Like anything else, you should do the research before purchasing...and in gachas, in a lot of places, it IS possible to find the odds.  Not all machines, however, a lot of the designer's machines have the percentage on the description line.  Some events have a requirement on the percentage that the people are allowed to place their machines at.  And if worded properly, I am sure a lot of creators will be happy to answer what their machine is set at.

Second Life can check scripts, i believe.  Or can require to check them.  I don't think any of the gacha machines that are used by reputable creators would do such things as setting a machine to check if you are there, you get lower rates, etc.  It may seem like it, but there's as much chance to spin 30 times to get one common, as it is to get 4 rares in 10 pulls, sometimes.  There are some machines, such as Caspervend, does allow you to have a setting that it will check to see if you won an item, if you did, it will give you another item on that same level.  However, i don't think those are used in events, and probably are only used in no-trans gacha machines...i personally have not ran into them being used.  But the settings, and machines, are available.

I truly think that if a machine WAS found to be doing such things as you fear (giving you only things you already had, etc), if enough complaints hit the lindens, they would check into it.  This isn't "gambling" but if it was found to defraud by use, they may step in at that point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fyrebird Courier said:

I truly think that if a machine WAS found to be doing such things as you fear (giving you only things you already had, etc), if enough complaints hit the lindens, they would check into it.  This isn't "gambling" but if it was found to defraud by use, they may step in at that point.

There is no way to prove it does, even if you are given the script, there is no guarantee that it's the script actually driving the machine.

Second Life can check scripts, i believe.  Or can require to check them.

Linden Lab does not involve in resident to resident disputes. Gachas "skirt" the gambling legislation just far enough that they are unlikely to get involved.

Guarantee on odds:  Like anything else, you should do the research before purchasing...and in gachas, in a lot of places, it IS possible to find the odds.

In most places i've been confronted to gachas no. You do not get to see the odds, it's not on the machine art it's not in the description, nor in the inventory of the machine. If you have access to the odds you can easily calculate the statistical price of each item you might want to get, so I understand why this might be an "issue".

A lot of animations and choice of textures/etc.

It looks like we don't have the same definition of "value", and the vast majority of gacha items offer no options outside of spinning the (cash) wheel to (hopefully) get a different color.

Most items have a baked AO...if you change it, by using your own textures, you lose a LOT of the details, such as shadows and folds.  I do purchase a lot of items, such as hair, that *is* modifiable.  However, what i do find is ruining the "mod" culture, is when people are copy-botting them, and selling them, making the creators change to a no-mod status.

Mod allows your user to get actual value from the product so they can use it in ways you may not have foreseen, tinting is the big one obviously, retexturing is another option and is a lot easier to do legally now that temporary textures are a thing, I know a lot of people just buy my things so they can pull my scripts out and put their script of choice in it because they like the way it looks but not how it works. And that's perfectly fine.

And since we have to beat this dead horse again, making items nomod offers zero protection against someone who intents on ripping your models/textures. Making items mods on the other hand gives your customer a lot more options than using your product as a paperweight.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.