Jumping Impact?

Craznal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wondering if anybody else has land that has had it's impact jump recently.  I should have had around 500 free on mine, but checked it just now and have 60.  It's apparently my objects causing it, and even did a full drop through to see if I rezzed a random skybox, but there's nothing new... =/

Checking things out, my region did restart early Friday, figuring something might have glitched with that and doubled my count?  not finding double objects, but, it would be about the right number

I had a similar issue recently where I noticed I seemed to have far fewer LI available on my sim than I normally do. I don't have exact numbers, but on that day one particular renter reported that their shop which was usually 116 LI had jumped to ~150 LI, though they hadn't changed anything. The number later returned to what it had been previously. I suspected it may have had to do with project ArcTan, though I haven't heard anything about ArcTan in a few months

• Like 1

It's not ARCtan, it's on hold and even if it wasn't, they won't force it overnight anyway as they don't want people to deal with mass returns in case if it will increase LI of some objects.

But I remember similar issue from the past, when some server issue caused incorrect LI to show up. I sure hope it's not this again, but you may want to check if physics on your objects is correct and make JIRA/support ticket if it's not. Here are two links for that last issue:

https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/entry/2248-the-return-of-the-living-objects-a-pre-halloween-horror-story/

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/411549-heads-up-you-might-want-to-check-your-sims-after-the-downtime/

P. S.

Your region can't be restarted less often than once every 10 days, it'll auto restart by itself then. You can also ask estage manager (if it's an island) or LL support (if it's mainland) to restart it as well.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if this is the issue, but I have seen a similar situation after a restart that is caused by objects that rez things in temp mode.  For example vendors that rez temp demos, moving waves, butterfly rezzers, fog machines, zombies or anything that will rez any type of temp object or group of objects.  In my situation I keep 1000 spare prims on-hand at any given time on my regions and after a restart that number will sometimes drop as low as 50, then vary up and down anywhere between 50 - 1000 until things settle down.  It's not occurring all the time, but I have seen this over the years on my regions and ones owned by other people when temp objects are being automatically rezzed.  Sometimes it never happens after a restart and other times it happens rather frequently.  If you have the ability to shut down the scripts for a few minutes and let things calm down, then start them back up, that often works (either on the region itself or the object itself).  Just an observation. 

• Like 1

I'll try the scripts next time I'm on.  Usually keeping around 600 free, with a little over 500 used by me.  My use doubled, and I don't have that much that temp rezzes things out, but definitely worth a shot :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.