Abandoned Old Linden House and...

Earl Merlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

...now I am homeless cause system shows still the old Linden Houses and not the new ones.

So the brand new ones (suburban) are already gone and I have to wait for the release of a new batch???

Please advise, thank you.

'The Rock'

Earl Merlin

That is correct, though you might snag one that someone has abandoned. If you want to try for that, just keep refreshing the houses page till one shows up.

Someone will probably pop up here at some point to explain the auto refresh thing that some have used (I have never tried it myself). However, if you read the many other threads in here about this topic, you'll see posts about it. 

• Like 3

You can try to refresh the page, and hope that someone abandons theirs.  There are several different tricks people have used to increase their odds, I'm not very familiar with them, but perhaps someone will give you a better idea.  If not, look through this forum and you should see some posts.  It has to do with an auto refresher, that queries for a word and lets you know when it shows up. I wish I could give you more info, but I haven't had to search for a new home for weeks now.

Otherwise, they are working on a bunch of new houses right now, I'm not sure when they will be released but hopefully soon.  If you go that route, you are going to want to keep your eyes peeled on this forum, because once they are released, they will be gone fast. 

Edit:
In the meantime, you can rent :) there are some good deals out there.  

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, shabi67 said:

Hi, i just went over to see the new houses and its extremely laggy. Anyone else having that problem?

I'm not sure if it is just my connection, but I have been experiencing lag spikes for the past few hours,all over SL.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Earl Merlin said:

...now I am homeless cause system shows still the old Linden Houses and not the new ones.

So the brand new ones (suburban) are already gone and I have to wait for the release of a new batch???

Please advise, thank you.

'The Rock'

Earl Merlin

HI Earl, im still trying to work where to go to switch to new linden house. Do you know where?

1 minute ago, shabi67 said:

yep thats where i end up when i look but cant see where you can select a house to change?

Maybe cause there are no houses available they have taken it off?

That exactly seems to be the entire problem right now, the new ones are all gone already and as it seems they are prepping a new batch of the new ones.

So we just have to wait, but as an experienced resident we are all used to wait...grins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Earl Merlin said:

Actually LL should have said something about possible wait time because I am sure that there are already lots of residents who are Homeless!

it would be a good start to read the sticky posts ( its why they are sticky)

all the questions popping up in this new thread are answered several, if not hundreds, of times in the most recent posts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Earl Merlin said:

Actually LL should have said something about possible wait time because I am sure that there are already lots of residents who are Homeless!

You don't have to be homeless.  You could return to one of the older homes until they announce that they are going to release another batch.

Read here and out, install Auto Refresh Plus.

It may take a few days, but people really abandon some. Maybe you aren't fast enough to get the first one that appear. Maybe not the tenth one. But you learn to be faster, and may snag the eleventh. I know because I had an alt try it. The house he got, has such a good location that I might abandon my own and live there. Before that, he got a houseboat and abandoned it because I wasn't interested. So my alt, you can say I, got a boat one day and a house the next.

It all depends on how stubborn you are. You can try five times, and then say it is impossible and give up.

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

It may take a few days, but people really abandon some. Maybe you aren't fast enough to get the first one that appear. Maybe not the tenth one. But you learn to be faster, and may snag the eleventh. I know because I had an alt try it. The house he got, has such a good location that I might abandon my own and live there. Before that, he got a houseboat and abandoned it because I wasn't interested. So my alt, you can say I, got a boat one day and a house the next.

It all depends on how stubborn you are. You can try five times, and then say it is impossible and give up.

Are these homes/houseboats set automatically at any time or manually by LL staff? 

24 minutes ago, AngieRath said:

Are these homes/houseboats set automatically at any time or manually by LL staff? 

as far i know it's automaticly, as soon it's abandoned it goes in the pool and comes up in available stock again. Sometimes there seems to be a delay before it shows, i expect thats just the system, not a manual release, and perhaps just a response on the many people who are hammering the site with their auto refreshers, what is in fact close to ddos, and should lock out their ip's for getting assigned a house for a month. :)

Edited by Fox Wijaya
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.