help.. messed up LARA avi skin color from neck down

Sandra8675

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I tried to add new head I just bought.  Thought everything was going fine.  But, the skin color changed from the neck down.  I just want to get it back to 'normal' for me.  Any advise on how to change the skin color from neck down.  The old head is back on.  But, the skin color is way too dark from neck down.  I don't know how to find the old skin color I had.  And I don't know exactly what I should be searching for in inventory.  Any advise helpful.  

I have a Lara body.  And right now I have a classic head.  The classic head skin color is still the correct color.  Only skin from neck down is wrong color.  Thank you.

Edited by Sandra8675

The Lara hud has a number of presets.

I'm on my phone so I can't grab a screenshot, but go into the hud and find the skin shades row. Try each one and you should fix it, unless you were using a bought in skin. In that case the skin and applier will be in your inventory.

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 1

Usually, you'll want to make sure that you're wearing the corresponding appliers for head and body, irregardless of which brand of body or head that you're using. If your skin is darkened, it might be that you've accidentally tinted your skin base tone in the Maitreya HUD.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Usually, you'll want to make sure that you're wearing the corresponding appliers for head and body, irregardless of which brand of body or head that you're using. If your skin is darkened, it might be that you've accidentally tinted your skin base tone in the Maitreya HUD.

Thought I would share this...  It may be helpful for helping me...  

I have the LARA body...  I just got the BENTO CLEO HEAD and it did come with LARA skin appliers.  I 'assumed' the LARA skin appliers were for the head skin.  But, when I applied one...  It did not change the head skin color at all.  It only changed the skin color from the neck down.  Originally the skin color from the neck down was the ONLY skin tone I was happy with.  But, now from the neck down the skin tone is wrong.  

As a side note...  The only color choices that seemed to be with the new BENTO CLEO HEAD I just got are 'darker/ tan' hues.  Where as my avi is maybe 2 shades above porcelain.  I will look at the LARA skin hud to see if I can change it?  

I've also messed up the 'color/ tint/ definition' of the ORIGINAL CLASSIC head when I tried to fix the hue.  I just realized this.  The original CLASSIC HEAD I used was 'jenny' I think.  I don't mind deleting it totally and starting over with the CLASSIC HEAD   

But...  

I'd prefer to use the new CLEO BENTO HEAD i just got.  In the video I saw...  The person changed the CLEO BENTO HEAD color from 'tan' to the same hue I'm seeking which is a few shades above 'porcelain'...  

I can add a screenshot.  The avi looks pretty weird right now.  If anyone thinks a screenshot will help let me know.

Side note...  The body shape is still ok.  And the CLASSIC HEAD shape is still ok.  Its only the color of the body that is wrong from the neck down.  And the face definition is gone now and looks like a flat cartoon.

I've never tried any AK heads, so I've got no clue how it works - but if you set the skin tint (not tone, tint) to white on both body and head, and then try selecting the corresponding skin tones in both HUDs, you should be good to tint from there if needed - when doing so, copy-paste the colour code to make sure that your tints match (although due to differences in rendering, they may appear to mismatch under certain windlights).

• Like 1

Hmm .. where to start.

Let start with head and body.  These are going to be made by different people.  As a result, one will not "talk" to the other.  The skin presets for the Maitreya Lara HUD only change the skin on the Maitreya Lara body.  So let's start with opening that HUD, going to the Skin tab and clicking on the tone that you want your body top be.

Now let's talk about the head.  CLEO BENTO HEAD. Do you know who makes this?  Is it a Catwa head or some other brand maybe?

While waiting on that answer ... the way to get a head and body to match are buy using skin appliers.  People who make skins will have appliers for both head and body.  These will always be two different appliers so they can match whichever head or body you use.  If you want to use one of the skin tones that comes with the Maitreya Lara body, you can find that those are all Glam Affair skins.  Try shopping there to see if they make an applier for your brand of head.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

Thought I would share this...  It may be helpful for helping me...  

I have the LARA body...  I just got the BENTO CLEO HEAD and it did come with LARA skin appliers.  I 'assumed' the LARA skin appliers were for the head skin.  But, when I applied one...  It did not change the head skin color at all.  It only changed the skin color from the neck down.  Originally the skin color from the neck down was the ONLY skin tone I was happy with.  But, now from the neck down the skin tone is wrong.  

As a side note...  The only color choices that seemed to be with the new BENTO CLEO HEAD I just got are 'darker/ tan' hues.  Where as my avi is maybe 2 shades above porcelain.  I will look at the LARA skin hud to see if I can change it?  

Lara skin applier is BODY ONLY  to fit the DEFAULT AKERUKA SKIN that you see after add the head.Lara hud skins are NOT FIT AKERUKA head skin. Because lara hud includes glam affair okd skins.

4 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Hmm .. where to start.

Let start with head and body.  These are going to be made by different people.  As a result, one will not "talk" to the other.  The skin presets for the Maitreya Lara HUD only change the skin on the Maitreya Lara body.  So let's start with opening that HUD, going to the Skin tab and clicking on the tone that you want your body top be.

Now let's talk about the head.  CLEO BENTO HEAD. Do you know who makes this?  Is it a Catwa head or some other brand maybe?

While waiting on that answer ... the way to get a head and body to match are buy using skin appliers.  People who make skins will have appliers for both head and body.  These will always be two different appliers so they can match whichever head or body you use.  If you want to use one of the skin tones that comes with the Maitreya Lara body, you can find that those are all Glam Affair skins.  Try shopping there to see if they make an applier for your brand of head.

Cleo is akeruka anniversary gift, it's full deluxe head(like you the same functions if you buy head for 5000l)but Cleo is 1l for group members

6 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

I've also messed up the 'color/ tint/ definition' of the ORIGINAL CLASSIC head when I tried to fix the hue.  I just realized this.  The original CLASSIC HEAD I used was 'jenny' I think.  I don't mind deleting it totally and starting over with the CLASSIC HEAD   

But...  

I'd prefer to use the new CLEO BENTO HEAD i just got.  In the video I saw...  The person changed the CLEO BENTO HEAD color from 'tan' to the same hue I'm seeking which is a few shades above 'porcelain'...  

I can add a screenshot.  The avi looks pretty weird right now.  If anyone thinks a screenshot will help let me know.

Side note...  The body shape is still ok.  And the CLASSIC HEAD shape is still ok.  Its only the color of the body that is wrong from the neck down.  And the face definition is gone now and looks like a flat cartoon.

First thing, if you want to get back to your original look check your apperance and select outfits, anything you saved should have the original lara/classic head combination, use the lara presets to get the colour you had and remove the clothing and hair and save it as a template in case anything goes wrong. Next make a copy and apply the cleo head. Add the [AK Deluxe] HUD cleo head, in the basic tab you can change the head colour without affecting the lara body. If you find a good match then save that in outfits as cleo or something to differentiate from your original. you will need to use the neck fix in the lara hud. If you can't find a perfect match then unpack the Skin body appliers and look for something close to what you want, this will apply the colour to the lara body. You will still need to use the head hud to match the head colour. when you're happy with a look then save it with a new name. If you switch between classic  and cleo heads remember to apply the appropriate skin colour .

You're not the first to get confused with the new head, I did exactly the same as you but 24 hours earlier :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

I've discovered, from over a year of working as a CSR for a major mesh head brand, that some people learn better with step-by-step hand-holding and illustrations. To that end...

@Sandra8675 Behind the spoiler tag is a fully screencapped and annotated tutorial showing how to get your Cleo head to match your Lara body. I have used tone 2 on the Cleo head in this example, since you mentioned you wanted "a few shades above porcelain".

We begin with wearing the correct items. You will need to be wearing:

• Maitreya Lara body
  • Maitreya body HUD
  • Akeruka Cleo Head
  • Akeruka Cleo HUD
  • Akeruka Cleo Eyes
  • Akeruka Cleo shape (you can edit this to look how you want it to later on)
  • Maitreya body alpha
  • Akeruka head alpha
  • Akeruka teeth

First of all, right-click > Edit the two HUDs on your screen and move them so you can see both of them and your avatar at the same time.

1. Open the Cleo head HUD and click the skin tones buttons until you find the one you like. Below I've chosen the top row, second from left (tone 2).

2. You will see that the skin on your body doesn't match the skin on your head. Below, I'm wearing the fifth from left skintone on the Lara body HUD, and there's a clear difference between skintones at the neck.

AK_Cleo_tut03a.thumb.jpg.64a474542afce17bc94b2c21f85a5790.jpg

3. Unpack the [AK Deluxe] - Skin Body Appliers box in the Cleo head's folder:

AK_Cleo_tut06.jpg.28dadaaa6b4b6dc1b7cafe53c8d2fce8.jpg

3. Make a note of which colour skin you applied to the head. Remember that I used tone 2? The numbering is obvious if you count from left to right, top row first, then bottom row, but I've annotated them below:

AK_Cleo_tut05.jpg.4ed2323cec0e6f1e379b66df6a08ac7f.jpg

4. Find the matching AK - Maitreya Skin Applier tone in the folder you just unpacked, and add the HUD to your screen. Here I'm going to add the Tone 2 one, as that's the tone on my head:

AK_Cleo_tut07.jpg.1cf4ac422d6c7bf70d2570a8b85d3fe7.jpg

WARNING! Ignore the number on the body applier's HUD. For some reason, all of the Maitreya body appliers are numbered #5. This will probably be corrected with a redelivery at some point, but for now go by the number that you see listed in your inventory, not the number on the body applier HUD.

5. Click the body applier to change the skin on your body. You should now have a perfect match at the neck:

AK_Cleo_tut08a.thumb.jpg.b84b36fadfa2d158503d1174f68af3da.jpg

Now all we need to do is fix the neck size difference, if one is visible, as it is here:

AK_Cleo_tut09.jpg.39a4e868a121af1936a0e2e9041080e6.jpg

6. Open your Maitreya Lara HUD, go into the Skins & Options tab, and set the Neck Fit size to zero. This will ensure the neck size of the Cleo head matches perfectly to the neck size on the Lara body:

AK_Cleo_tut10.thumb.jpg.f3e53a1d02540d64dd134f747af99286.jpg

And you're done!

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

In addition, right now in the group's notices there is a notecard containing links to some very useful YouTube videos explaining how to use the head and its various HUDs. There is also a free makeup layer clearing HUD for the head currently near the top of group notices, too.

4 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

In addition, right now in the group's notices there is a notecard containing links to some very useful YouTube videos explaining how to use the head and its various HUDs. There is also a free makeup layer clearing HUD for the head currently near the top of group notices, too.

I wanted to make a special point of saying thank you for the detailed instruction with the pictures.  The pictures help me more because I'm more visual.  I'm probably going with a different head but still from this store and still a bento head.  I'm gong to be looking back on these instructions and trying everything written here with bento head demos.  Thank you again.  These instructions will also help my bf who just got a new head and who has also been having a difficult time with color match between the head and below the neck.  The color match as proven to be the most confusing part.  And thanks for throwing in the part about the neck fitting.  Very helpful.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.