So I Have A Theory About The New LInden Homes ....

Synndalicious

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good day premium members 

I have been patiently waiting like the thousands of others .... for a new Linden home 

I have thought about this, a lot!

And I think they are gearing to something exciting during the SL16 Bday celebrations !!

Possibly new rare homes as SL16 gifts?? 

Just a thought/discussion starter  ;) 

• Like 4

I like the idea of being able to add a new choice or two to the rezzers...  it would also add a little more variety to the overall look... and since they are still using the same set of default textures it likely would not add much to overall sim lag either.

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

I like the idea of being able to add a new choice or two to the rezzers...  it would also add a little more variety to the overall look... and since they are still using the same set of default textures it likely would not add much to overall sim lag either.

as there are several styled neighbourhoods planned, to maintain the current overall look in the existing homes, it's not very likely there will be added variations to the current ones. Also the new themed neighbourhoods won't likely have a huge variance, but limited choice.
If you want something different, you'll have to try your luck, and abandon the one you hold now, for being able to get another totaly other style.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

as there are several styled neighbourhoods planned, to maintain the current overall look in the existing homes, it's not very likely there will be added variations to the current ones. Also the new themed neighbourhoods won't likely have a huge variance, but limited choice.
If you want something different, you'll have to try your luck, and abandon the one you hold now, for being able to get another totaly other style.

I said "I like the idea" not that I thought it was a likely idea... but sure continue to be the killjoy on everyone's dreamer posts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Synndalicious said:

Good day premium members 

I have been patiently waiting like the thousands of others .... for a new Linden home 

I have thought about this, a lot!

And I think they are gearing to something exciting during the SL16 Bday celebrations !!

Possibly new rare homes as SL16 gifts?? 

Just a thought/discussion starter  ;) 

I wouldn't advise holding your breath on that.

They are going to Preview a new Linden Home "theme", which many of us are guessing will actually be released at the end of the BDay celebration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Evangeline Ling said:

I said "I like the idea" not that I thought it was a likely idea... but sure continue to be the killjoy on everyone's dreamer posts

I love Killjoys. Great series! No, wait, I got confused here. 😋

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I thought that it had already been stated in another thread that they will not be expanding the variety of the current themes.

I don't think I've actually heard that from a Linden though. I do know that they will use the mailbox to do updates and that the system is very flexible. The question is why would they invest more time and expense to expand a current theme when they are better served using that time to make new themes.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I thought that it had already been stated in another thread that they will not be expanding the variety of the current themes.

[...]

They are going to Preview a new Linden Home "theme", which many of us are guessing will actually be released at the end of the BDay celebration.

You're quite right.

I guess, the new themes will affect completely new homes. Larger ones with larger plots for those who want to become Premium Plus VIPs.

57 minutes ago, AngieRath said:

You're quite right.

I guess, the new themes will affect completely new homes. Larger ones with larger plots for those who want to become Premium Plus VIPs.

If you look at SL16B grounds on the map --- at what SEEMS to be the new homes area next to the previous preview spot that was at the Home Expo -- there is no visual indication at all that either plots or houses will be larger. Easy enough to see by comparing the squares on that region with the houseboats and houses next door.   While there could POSSIBLY be larger plots in the future for VIP Premium , I am not aware of ANY official comment on that feature. We don't even know how far off the VIP Premium status will be, only that it will be [Grumpity on these forums].  

image.png.d6e3bd67bfd8de1f410aa16724e8ffd3.png

At one point (the Home Expo radio show I believe) Patch mentioned the number seven in regards to abode styles and also said that there would be further "nautical" themes.  It wasn't clear to me if the number seven included the two already released.  And of course that number could certainly change over time. There has never been any mention to my knowledge that there will be more TRADITIONAL home styles. It seems likely that they will continue with the four versions per themes idea with various exterior and interior color choices ---- that just makes sense.   

Adding:  I also got the impression from Patch in that "reading between the lines"  mode  (most likely in regards to adding more colors and options to the existing styles) that there would not be any more major changes to the already released builds.  Honestly, from comments made by several official folks it seems like they are very focused on NEW stuff and the structures that are out are "done" in their minds (and as I builder I really get that :D).   

If someone has a quote, please let us know.

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

If you look at Patch Lindens Flickr page he is dancing around a forest campfire with a trailer in the background. He is throwing it right in our face that Trailers are coming 🙂 Yaaaaaaaaaa

Ooh! *runs to look*

Well that is SO UNFAIR - LOL.

From the SL16B notices: 

Thanks everyone for being a part of SL16B! The enthusiasm and excitement are palpable! We know how much everyone is looking forward to flinging open the doors and welcoming all of SL to the party, but we need your help first. We want the regions to be a surprise to everyone, so please don’t share pictures of information about the regions with anyone. You have special access which results in a shared trust. Spoil the surprise and you may find yourself removed from SL16B.

Power has its privileges. 

PS. All said with a smile :D

Edited by Chic Aeon

On 6/7/2019 at 7:12 AM, Chic Aeon said:

there is no visual indication at all that either plots or houses will be larger.

Maybe your are right, but look here:

On 10/12/2018 at 5:35 PM, Blush Bravin said:

If this is indeed the new Linden Homes for 1024 parcels, I will be there in a heartbeat! I'm already thinking about how I need to juggle sqm so I can upgrade from my 512 to a 1024.

On 10/12/2018 at 5:36 PM, Patch Linden said:

Who said anything about just 1024sqm parcels?

@AngieRath   I tried to quote the page above but it didn't happen. Sorry 

Look at the dates in your quotes. Those comments are about the Preview plots at the RFL HOME EXPO, not at SL16B.   And while Patche's quote is official, he has not made an official statement. He has (likely purposefully and for fun) led us astray a time or two already. 

It seems possible that there will be various sizes of plots.  We already saw on SSP  seemingly (from the map photos) plots with much smaller rectangles and more than the 1024 size normal number, suggesting that there were also smaller plots --- these in part perhaps so that the folks with Linden Homes will have a way to move easily if they only have 512 free tier (the tier needed for the old Linden Homes).

It has certainly been SPECULATED  that there may be larger parcels down the line for the new VIP Levels, but so far "I" haven't seen any confirmation or even official hints that might be the case. IF YOU HAVE SEEN AN OFFICIAL COMMENT (other than Patches aside from long ago :D) please let us know.   

All the new homes going in now at Bellisseria are 1024 lots ==== these the traditional and houseboat styles. We haven't seen any work on the new styles on the continent yet or on SSP -- unless you count SSP84 mentioned above which at one time had small rectangles of bright pastels that many thought were trailers. That sim no longer has buildings on it and has been static for around a month, maybe longer.

So as far as I can see, my quote still holds true, we haven't seen any VISUAL indication that there will be either lager lots or larger houses. In fact Patch stated a few times that The Lab wanted small homes so that folks could add on and personalize and also because these homes were meant to be starter homes.   

1663102608_patchlindeninterviewunderlined.png.7c34a0037d6e6eb1e86d49f5449dc834.png

That could change with the new VIP premium, but it might also (if it happens) be on another continent and not Belliseria.

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info up top where quote didn't happen
  • Thanks 2

On 6/9/2019 at 2:47 AM, Ziggy Starsmith said:

If you look at Patch Lindens Flickr page he is dancing around a forest campfire with a trailer in the background. He is throwing it right in our face that Trailers are coming 🙂 Yaaaaaaaaaa

Evergreen trees, looks like fir trees? Would be nice with a more wilderness environment. On the other side, there should really be more than Northern Hemisphere environments.  Need some desert or tropical themes in the future.

Edited by Marianne Little
typos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.