Can you add animations to Furniture thats Mod/Copy

oxLunaBellaxo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not stupid at all!

And yes you can. 

(BTW if the furniture isn't modifiable you can sort of still do it by rezzing a prim - containing an animation engine and animations - in the right place for that furniture - for storage, you will need to select both objects at the same time and take them back into your inventory.)

Occasionally furniture will let you add your own animations within the animation engine (sometimes furniture scripted with nPose, AVSitter and MLP - there may be more).

It's most likely that you will need to put a new animation engine into the furniture - there are many. The ones mentioned above are free - there are good tutorials and I know that at least for nPose there is an inworld group that runs classes on using the engine.

Emma :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

Not stupid at all!

And yes you can. 

(BTW if the furniture isn't modifiable you can sort of still do it by rezzing a prim - containing an animation engine and animations - in the right place for that furniture - for storage, you will need to select both objects at the same time and take them back into your inventory.)

Occasionally furniture will let you add your own animations within the animation engine (sometimes furniture scripted with nPose, AVSitter and MLP - there may be more).

It's most likely that you will need to put a new animation engine into the furniture - there are many. The ones mentioned above are free - there are good tutorials and I know that at least for nPose there is an inworld group that runs classes on using the engine.

Emma :)

Thank you! Not sure what any of that means but now i have something to look into . :))

Thanks

Luna

• Thanks 1

Making a separate animation engine is IMO a good way to learn. Take it slowly and go step by step.

Rez a cube. Put your new animations in it.

You'll also need a set of scripts (a "sitter") to make the animations run.

Option 1: nPose is free. You can get it via MP  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/nPose-V310/11306346 or inworld at their sim. They have examples and classes inworld too.

Option 2: AVsitter2 has been released as free and open source. I find it much simpler than nPose. You'll need to download the scripts and follow the instructions (mostly copy/pasting each script into it's own "New Script" in your inventory or an object, adding a notecard and scripted object, and making very certain every thing is titled correctly). Take it step by step, check your work as you go along, and it's not difficult at all. It just seems like it's a lot to get your head around :). Then follow the instructions on this page to get it working. https://avsitter.github.io/avsitter2_home.html (If you get stuck, drop me a line inworld and I can send you a copy of mine.)

Option 3: You can also buy Sitters on the MP or inworld. The one I have is basically just a harder to use variation on AVsitter2. I don't know if there are better ones.

When you have your animation engine cube working, you can place it just above the seat of your furniture, follow the instructions to Adjust the positions to suit, and make the cube transparent. Make sure you can still click on the furniture in a way which accesses the old anims (if you want to use them). Later, when you feel more confident you can decide whether or not to integrate the old and new animations into one unit.

It can feel overwhelming but it's really not that bad. Go slow, take it step by step and look for info on the scripts' website and ask questions here or in inworld groups. You'll get there :) 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.