Put a 24/7 staffed LL inworld office for premium members to talk with Lindens or ask them about anything and fill it with real time updates of what the team is doing for SL behind the scene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since it looks pretty unlikely that LL will rollback their decision of the fee change, even with the many backlashes, even among my friends who choose to partially or fully downgrade, or cancel their plan to go premium, I guess this kind of stuff would be a worthy perk for premium members after the price increase : P

A very reasonable request too on a technical standpoint since LL don't need to develop or program new things to accommodate this

Half being silly and half being serious

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, lucagrabacr said:

Since it looks pretty unlikely that LL will rollback their decision of the fee change, even with the many backlashes, even among my friends who choose to partially or fully downgrade, or cancel their plan to go premium, I guess this kind of stuff would be a worthy perk for premium members after the price increase : P

A very reasonable request too on a technical standpoint since LL don't need to develop or program new things to accommodate this

So, you think it would be a good idea to limit people's ability to get information by relying on the capacity of an in-world region?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

So, you think it would be a good idea to limit people's ability to get information by relying on the capacity of an in-world region?

I'm not saying they should stop posting stuff anywhere else, but having a dedicated region or two for the thing I mentioned wouldn't hurt. They can put a scripted afk kicker too to prevent people from camping the place

11 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I think Live Chat does pretty much everything you're asking for, except the 24/7 part.

It does and there would be a couple of practical issues moving support in-world, including the one Theresa mentioned.

But even so, isn't it food for thought that Linden Lab doesn't consider Second Life a suitable channel for communicating with their customers?

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, lucagrabacr said:

Alternatively, make the KB way more visible so people will consult it first, since at least 90% of answers are there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Daffao said:

Fully agree. They should at least outsource it to some indian company. Cheaper.

Good idea! Let's keep sending my jobs overseas so I can no longer afford to eat or keep a roof over my head. 

Why is Adobe's CS so crappy? It's because the call centers they contract with (Stream) keep sending it back to Mumbai! And then the call center (Stream) gets taken over by another flailing call center (Convergys)!

Yep. It was Stream's decision to lay off a bunch of people that they couldn't fit into another contract and send the Adobe CS contract to their shiny new Mumbai center, not Adobe's, as we found out afterwards. 

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif.26037a0c2195e208368b0384fe78c280.gif

• Like 1

For avatars with legacy first and last names, the first name is limited to 31 characters (cf., http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Limits). Those characters can only be the common 26 letters and 10 numerals; uppercase and lowercase are not distinguished. 

So, there can only be 31^36 (31 raised to the 36th power) first names associated with the last name Linden, which works out to 4.9E+53, or said another way approximately 490,000 Trillion Trillion Trillion Trillion, if my math is correct.  

Even if I missed a decimal place somewhere, it seems like there are enough for us to each have our own personal Linden with our new soon-to-be-announced Super Premium Accounts.  They could hold our excess groups for us, such things.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Erwin Solo said:

For avatars with legacy first and last names, the first name is limited to 31 characters (cf., http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Limits). Those characters can only be the common 26 letters and 10 numerals; uppercase and lowercase are not distinguished. 

So, there can only be 31^36 (31 raised to the 36th power) first names associated with the last name Linden, which works out to 4.9E+53, or said another way approximately 490,000 Trillion Trillion Trillion Trillion, if my math is correct.  

Even if I missed a decimal place somewhere, it seems like there are enough for us to each have our own personal Linden with our new soon-to-be-announced Super Premium Accounts.  They could hold our excess groups for us, such things.

Great idea. Those of us who are fortunate to have Resident last names could even get our own personal Linden with a matching first name!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Great idea. Those of us who are fortunate to have Resident last names could even get our own personal Linden with a matching first name!

Or tell them to rename your UUID to Chin Rey or else you'll take all their Linden Bears.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Erwin Solo said:

Or tell them to rename your UUID to Chin Rey or else you'll take all their Linden Bears.

And have even more people call me Chin rather than Rey? Nope!

But of course, that's my personal problem, I don't suppose many other SL'ers were stupid enough to choose a fake Chinese account name with last name first.

23 minutes ago, Erwin Solo said:

it seems like there are enough for us to each have our own personal Linden with our new soon-to-be-announced Super Premium Accounts.  They could hold our excess groups for us, such things.

I had a serious(ish) thought. A human personal assistant may be a little bit too much to ask for but how about an AI - a bot with access to a FAQ database and such? It culd even be done as a third party service.

That could be really cool, especially if we got to choose the bot's avatar - a Jeeves style English butler, a speaking dog, a genie in a lamp, a familar for a witch ... the possibilities are endless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I had a serious(ish) thought. A human personal assistant may be a little bit too much to ask for but how about an AI - a bot with access to a FAQ database and such? It culd even be done as a third party service.

That could be really cool, especially if we got to choose the bot's avatar - a Jeeves style English butler, a speaking dog, a genie in a lamp, a familar for a witch ... the possibilities are endless.

And a genuine bot that would rez on no-rez land; not just some animesh poser, cuz we're super-premium!😋

Edited by Erwin Solo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Daffao said:

Fully agree. They should at least outsource it to some indian company. Cheaper.

Why would you want them to do this??? It's bad enough that so many other companies do this, taking jobs away from people who desperately need the work. I enjoy talking to someone who has a good grasp of the English language so uh NO!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, anniepany said:

Why would you want them to do this??? It's bad enough that so many other companies do this, taking jobs away from people who desperately need the work.

You mean unlike people in India who have no need for jobs at all? ;)

I do respect that people stand up for their own country but please remember that most SL'ers are neither American nor Indian and have no particular reason to favour or support one over the other.

The SL live chat support used to be located in India and the people who worked there were very helpful and spoke better English than many Americans do. A few years ago LL moved it to their HQ in San Francisco but as far as I know, it didn't create any more US jobs - they just added the workload to the people handling support tickets.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.