In need of a Boomerang Script.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My best friend is a mesh maker and one thing he has tried getting hands on is a boomerang type of script. He has stuff that he could use it for and I want to make him happy the best I can and this would be really something he  would appreciate. I'll pay for it to be made with how much money I can gather up. I dont care if someone makes a no modify copy of the script as long as he can he use it to make weapons that he can sell. Plz message inworld

That's actually considerably more complex than you'd think. The easy part is throwing the boomerang, the attached one rezzes a copy of itself like a SL gun rezzes a  "bullet" which is scripted to launch itself while the attachment disappears until the boomerang is "back in the throwers hand." But simulating the boomerang's flight and doing it in a way compatible with any SL combat system? That's a nightmare. You can forget about the boomerang having physical flight. Simulating a boomerang's flight using the Havok physics engine is pretty close to impossible. (The math is quite possible within LSL but the script to apply the right lift and angular forces would need so much of it it would be impractical) That, on its own, precludes compatibility with a lot of combat systems since they require physical "bullets." That leaves non-physical flight. It is quite possible to define a path for a boomerang to travel, you need a gently curving outward path that towards its end swoops upwards into a stall and then makes a flatter trajectory back towards its origin point. You could have it move non-physically between waypoints along that path, which you'd space according to the initial speed of the boomerang and how fast you were updating the position. Detecting a "hit" would be problematic, you'd have to use volume detection on the flying boomerang to do that and if the path intersected an avatars hitbox between waypoints it would fail to register.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.