Sent item through IM. It was never received.

LeighlaFae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

We waited several days. They've logged on and off, several times. But still, I don't have it; the recipient doesn't have it. My IM says "User not online - inventory has been saved." What does that mean? Where did it go?!

(#VashtaNerada "4022 saved, No survivors")

Edited by LeighlaFae
  • Haha 1

4 answers to this question

If you actually sent it to the right person, then she may not know where to look for it.  Tell her to use the RECENT tab in Inventory.

If you sent it to the wrong person, it's gone forever.  Check theTransaction History in your dashboard to see who you sent it to.

I sent it to my room mate. They've been sitting right next to me, both trying to figure this out together. I know that others have sent me items, when I was not online, and I received them right away, when I logged in. I'm sure that I know where to look for it. I feel stupid, because there's nothing in their PM from me. I see it, on my screen. They have nothing, on their end!

19 hours ago, LeighlaFae said:

I see it, on my screen. They have nothing, on their end!

So, are you two using two computers... two instances of the viewer on a single machine... are they logging on and off?

Can you chat with them? Using direct to them IM?

The viewer gives you feedback when you give something to someone. What are you seeing?

If you are giving them chocolate... I suspect they are eating it and trying for more... "Nope... munch munch   ... I didn't get anything  ... munch munch... send more." 😁

Using RECENT in inventory is about the easiest way to find stuff. You can change the viewer's idea of RECENT in the inventory FILTERS controls. But, since you are right there, together, type the item name in Inventory search.

1.  Check the system by trying a different method of sending the object.  Some alternatives:

• Drag and drop the item onto their avatar
  • Drag and drop the item onto their nametag
  • Drag and drop the item onto their Profile picture
  • Click the Share button in inventory, and choose their name from the prompts.

2.  If those all work, but dropping the item into an IM window does not work, make sure you can actually send and receive IMs, both ways.  Someone reported a bug the other day where they were sending IMs, but the other person wasn't receiving them.

3.  Make double sure that your friend has not blocked/Muted you.

4.  If none of the above helps, file a support case with LL.  You should probably BOTH file a support case, and each of you reference the others' ticket number.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.