Managing Access to Muliple Parcels in the Same Region

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I own a group that owns multiple parcels in the same mainland region. If it makes any difference, most are contiguous. It would be a great convenience to be able to manage the ban lists of all of them together. On the rare occasion when someone needs to be banned, I have to add them to each parcel's ban list, one at a time. Is there any way to streamline this?

If it can't be done directly, could it be done by a script? Is such a script available.

Thanks.

On 6/7/2019 at 11:09 PM, Female Winslet said:

The super duper obvious and easy way to do this would be to join them into a single parcel. 

Is that not desirable for some reason?

I should have elaborated more,  I see in retrospect. There are reasons that they are not joined, usually because other settings need to be different. Also, some are separated from others by a Linden road.

On 6/5/2019 at 11:31 AM, Jennifer Boyle said:

If it can't be done directly, could it be done by a script? Is such a script available.

It can be done by script using the function llAddToLandBanList() and its -Remove- opposite, which must be called on the parcel to be controlled, so most likely this would be part of a per-parcel security script, networked with those on the other parcels.

I'm the last person to know whether a script already exists because I just write my own, but I'd hazard a guess that it must be available somewhere, very possibly free and open source, if one knew where to look.

6 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

It can be done by script using the function llAddToLandBanList() and its -Remove- opposite, which must be called on the parcel to be controlled, so most likely this would be part of a per-parcel security script, networked with those on the other parcels.

I'm the last person to know whether a script already exists because I just write my own, but I'd hazard a guess that it must be available somewhere, very possibly free and open source, if one knew where to look.

There is a market for at least one copy of such a script!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.