Houseboat Scripting idea

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since the new houseboats don’t “rock” in their moorings, here’s my idea: script the avatar’s camera to simulate rocking of the houseboat when your avatar is in it. Thoughts? I know this won’t work when sitting on objects that already set a camera (unless you can detect the camera change and override it$.

As a RL sailor who has been aboard RL houseboats, allow me to mention that purpose-built houseboats such as those simulated as Linden Homes really dont rock in any visually perceptible way unless your anchorage is experiencing a hurricane. They are designed for maximum stability and can achieve this with much more success than a hull that is designed to spend the bulk of its time moving through the water rather than sitting still.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

As a RL sailor who has been aboard RL houseboats, allow me to mention that purpose-built houseboats such as those simulated as Linden Homes really dont rock in any visually perceptible way unless your anchorage is experiencing a hurricane. They are designed for maximum stability and can achieve this with much more success than a hull that is designed to spend the bulk of its time moving through the water rather than sitting still.

/me nods, nods, nods + Seattle area = shout "THIS, THIS, and DEFINITELY THIS."

A boat rocking on the water = the whole screen moving + the pattern of the water = possible seizure trigger for some of us. So making the effect user-side rather than built in sounds absolutely lovely. I could spend time with friends on a boat like that if we could each choose whether or not to see the movement.

21 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

A boat rocking on the water = the whole screen moving + the pattern of the water = possible seizure trigger for some of us. So making the effect user-side rather than built in sounds absolutely lovely. I could spend time with friends on a boat like that if we could each choose whether or not to see the movement.

That and not only is it very unrealistic - ALL furniture and decorations inside will look silly floating as though frozen in time unless they are all set to *physical* and they will slide around as though the floors are made of ice. Bahahaha!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.