Allen Parks

New Premium price increases and this Oldbie

No, I didn't try. I was only going to upgrade the alt if i had been possible to upgrade her at the old rate and prepay for another year. 

If I remember Grumpity's words correctly, I believe she said "existing premium members" - this is what made me check with LL before upgrading the alt. The Live Chat person initially thought it would be possible but then went to check the information - and the answer was NO.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

The Live Chat person initially thought it would be possible but then went to check the information - and the answer was NO.

I can sure see why they'd think it would be possible, because making it impossible would require the code that implements prepayment to make a special date check for when the premium membership was most recently established. If that development were up to me, I'd tell whomever dreamt up that idea to get themselves a new code monkey to implement their special three-week interval of Premium membership disincentive.

If this is actually how it works (not merely some bad instructions for Live Chat) it's mind-bogglingly stupid.

[ETA: Hey, @Grumpity Linden -- any comment? (Kinda unfair of me to ask on a Saturday, but I gave it a shot anyway.)]

Edited by Qie Niangao

2 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I can sure see why they'd think it would be possible, because making it impossible would require the code that implements prepayment to make a special date check for when the premium membership was most recently established. If that development were up to me, I'd tell whomever dreamt up that idea to get themselves a new code monkey to implement their special three-week interval of Premium membership disincentive.

If this is actually how it works (not merely some bad instructions for Live Chat) it's mind-bogglingly stupid.

I guess we won't know until someone is willing to give it a try...

• Like 1