I forgot how to send messages to people in world from outside!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Item # 18783.24 on the "Things Kascha Used To Do All The Time But Now Can't" list.

I'm trying to send an email/IM to one of the execs at the place I just got prorperty at so I can ask him if he can find me a 6144 plot to upgrade to from the 4096 I just got, but he's offline and I'm at work and can't go in world right now. How do I address an e-mail to him from outside?

Thanks for any help and your valiant yet failed attempts to resist snickering in advance :womantongue:

You can't. The only way to send email to IM is for the one person you are trying to reach to send you and offline first so that you can reply to them via email.

P.S. the offline emails have a time limit in which they are available but I do not recall what the limit is

Darren Scorpio wrote:

You can't. The only way to send email to IM is for the one person you are trying to reach to send you and offline first so that you can reply to them via email.

P.S. the offline emails have a time limit in which they are available but I do not recall what the limit is

Oh no! So you mean I forgot that I never sent such messages unless I was replying too?!

Isn't there a special carrot I can eat to improve memory skills or is that something I saw in a cartoon? I forget...

(thanks) :smileyhappy:

If he enabled email IMs, which tell you via eMail that someone IM'd you, Then you can just send an IM. If you are worried about an IM cap, then send him a Notecard. If you know his UUID, you can create a prim and script it to IM people when they are on when eMailed with the message. UUID's are on every prim, including the avatar, even if it is more than one prim (and it is). They are used for scripting so it is not against the ToS to know an object's UUID, or "key".

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.