SL Won't launch and can't contact support

Kamimatsu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So. I'm a premium. Despite this, not only can I not do live support. I can't do any support at all. You guys probably know the answer though.

I can't launch Viewer 2 at all. It freezes on some initialization message that goes away almost instantly. Then it crashes my computer. I've even been Blue Screen'd at least 5 times. I've reinstalled, so that isn't it. I have windows 7 64-bit, but that shouldn't be a problem, as it worked less than an hour ago. I just want to play again. I was having such an awesome time.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

If you have Premium account you can get support. Here is support website. Live Chat is available 8am to Midnight PST, M-F; and 8am to 8pm PST Saturday and Sunday.

Reffering to your question - please check if you updated graphic card drivers. Could you tell what is your computer equipment? What is your internet connection? Maybe you need to switch off VBO, maybe something else. If you add more information about your computer it will be much easier to advice you.

Identity Euler wrote:

Hi,

If you have Premium account you can get support.
is support website. Live Chat is available 8am to Midnight PST, M-F; and 8am to 8pm PST Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks. Heading there right now.

Identity Euler wrote:

Reffering to your question - please check if you updated graphic card drivers. Could you tell what is your computer equipment? What is your internet connection? Maybe you need to switch off VBO, maybe something else. Without knowledge about your computer it is hard to advice anything.

I have the same connection as when it worked. Optimum Online. My graphics card is also the same, as is my PC equipment. In fact. I ran SL, it crashed an hour in. I ran it again immediatly, it crashed my entire PC before launch. I should add that it crashed before ever trying to connect. It was still loading the viewer. Has this happened before with Viewer 2?

It blue screens only when I launch SL viewer 2. I can max out heavier games with no problem. It overheats, but only when I launch SL. It has gotten to the point where I switch to another viewer because it made my computer glow orange.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.