How about a median membership for people who need a little bit more than Basic?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

I am a basic member.  And I have been a premium member.  But I do not need nor will I ever use all of the features involved with Premium membership save one - the increased amount of IMs to offline email.  I left Premium for Basic mainly for this reason and the price. Using one feature of Premium isn't worth the cost for me as the sale I operate does not make a profit. All of our proceeds go back to paying for advertising which continually goes up.

Several years ago I suddenly had a problem where offline IMs were not even reaching my email (and no they weren't in my spam either). I am/was not alone.  I reported it in the JIRA along with a number of other people but there was never a resolution and then the case was closed despite the persistence of the problem and complaints. The one extra feature I need and used regularly failed and was dismissed. Switching to Basic did not solve the problem but it did save me money.  And though the problem is better than it used to be, offline IMs to email is still not reliable for me.

But the point of this topic, how about a middle of the road membership that costs half (or less) of what the Premium membership costs?  Something that gives people about half the features of the Premium account. More offline IMs than Basic, access to some of the Premium areas and experiences, more Groups that Basic, and more than Basic support.

Just a suggestion. I know I would pay for a middle of the road membership if it would give me better support lines and more offline IMs.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, StealsAndDeals Blogger said:

Just a suggestion. I know I would pay for a middle of the road membership if it would give me better support lines and more offline IMs.

there are many, and above all, very long threads about this, almost impossible to read everything and find answers. But the many different premium levels as many want, in the same amount different options as all who replied, isn't going to happen according to a post of Grumpity a few days ago. Unless LL changes their mind there only will come a super premium rank.

3 minutes ago, CheriColette said:

But maybe Ana,  Tier 2 Medium Premium is what we have now and the extra tier (3) will give more for more lindens...

yes thats how i read the post by LL too, the current will be the low premium, and the new one super premium.

9 hours ago, StealsAndDeals Blogger said:

am a basic member.  And I have been a premium member.  But I do not need nor will I ever use all of the features involved with Premium membership save one - the increased amount of IMs to offline email.

ALL IMs go to email when you are offline - Basic or Premium, it doesn't matter.

The cap is not a cap on the number of IM you receive; it is a cap on the number of IM that are stored and delivered when you log back in.

Thanks for the replies and information.  I figured that there must have been other threads about alternative memberships to Premium but trying to search through the forums with keywords like membership is just frustrating and exhausting .

And yes I had also understood they were looking to make a Ultra Premium (or what ever they wish to call it) and our current Premium would then become the 'median' membership. But I simply hoped they might have been interested in making a more affordable membership instead of just higher tiered, costly memberships. As I stated in the OP, Premium just makes no sense for people like me who don't need and won't use the majority of features offered.  I am sad and disappointed to hear that they are rejecting a lower cost membership but I can't say that I am surprised.

Yes, I understand how the cap and emails work. And this is my fault as I was using the term from LLs chart 'offline IMs' which doesn't specifically talk about the vexing problem of notecards and storage delivery. I didn't say or include notecards in my statement which is the key to my offline dilemma. I receive a lot of notecards weekly. And this is where the limited offline IMs (/NCs) becomes a problem. I may receive the offline notification but if I don't get the card then I have to reply to people asking for a resend and round and round we go! So yes I *may* get the email notification that someone sent something entitled yadda yadda but it does me no good if I don't get the whole message (NC) when I log in.

Apologies for leaving that key wording out. LL should have called them offline messages and not offline IMs since both IMs and NCs are included in that cap.

* I say *may* because I still don't always receive all offline IMs in any case. And I have seen enough reports/complaints to know that I am not alone in this issue.

48 minutes ago, StealsAndDeals Blogger said:

* I say *may* because I still don't always receive all offline IMs in any case. And I have seen enough reports/complaints to know that I am not alone in this issue.

yes it works a bit wonky for some ... for me it works great to get the offliners to email, but even when not capped at all, they poofed inworld while they should be there waiting i think... it's a bit less handy way to copy/paste the names in search to get the names up and respond when they arent on the friendslist.

On 6/4/2019 at 7:28 AM, StealsAndDeals Blogger said:

But the point of this topic, how about a middle of the road membership that costs half (or less) of what the Premium membership costs?  Something that gives people about half the features of the Premium account. More offline IMs than Basic, access to some of the Premium areas and experiences, more Groups that Basic, and more than Basic support.

I wish there would be some premium options depending on what you are in SL for, like an option for the general user and consumer, and then one for merchants, performers, basically anyone trying to earn money in SL.  I know that is unlikely.  For me, I would be more interested in more land or cheaper tier / more prim allowance, etc. and could give two hoots about more offline IMs, access to premium areas and experiences.  Not saying that isn't important of course, but everyone has different needs and I hope LL will consider that when thinking about NEW super duper premium plus.

The problem I can see here is that this essentially translates to:

"I only care about perk X, so it should be cheaper"

That's not really how this can work in a profitable manner, most perks are not there necessarily because they cost money to implement, but as "further incentives" to make you tier up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.