Continuous Harrassment

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I am looking for a bit of help. My rl/sl was with this woman and recently split up after much trouble. The problem is she has 20 accounts now according to her new person. My bf knew of only 16. She is going to his places of employment to harass him and bringing along her new bf's mc. She has been spreading lies and he even lost a job over it all. He was close to leaving sl but we just got back together and doesnt want to leave me. Is there anything we can do? He would rather not file a report because he is afraid it would cause more trouble for him. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

It sounds like you and he should find some completely new places to hang out at for awhile.  And perhaps some new people for awhile as well - if he and she have friends in common will be very likely that she will be able to find out where he is and where he is working.  SL is a big place, though we tend to stay within our circle of familiar places we know.  Treat it like and adventure for just the two of you, and have some fun exploring and finding other places / communities to enjoy.  

• Like 3

Going on 5 years I've had to deal with this kinda stuff from one person and his 60 or so alts (alot of people in SL go through this). It took me awhile to stop reacting to his pathetic behavior and to this day his crap continues. I just ignore it, if he wants to dance on my head and get himself banned from clubs then so be it lol. Sometimes I'll even wave as he's been sent packing. 

Then theres the profile slandering. Meh, it says more about his character then mine because Im totally awesome js.

You dont even have to ban, mute and derender. Just ignore the troll and continue living your best SL with your partner. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CheriColette said:

Thats good advise Ana.

I am worried with the RL problem her man is having too.. Thats harder to deal with. He needs to get legal advice. 

Agreed! If its in rl then seek legal advice. LL dont tend to interfere in p2p+20alts disputes unless, the act goes against the ToS. They dont come running because us adults cant get along. (Been there, know this!)

Bye b*t*h her and move on. 

2 hours ago, CheriColette said:

Thats good advise Ana.

I am worried with the RL problem her man is having too.. Thats harder to deal with. He needs to get legal advice. 

Where did you see anything about RL? He is the OPs RL, the harasser has no RL contact, from what i read.

18 hours ago, baby74doll said:

He would rather not file a report because he is afraid it would cause more trouble for him.

Consider this for a moment. He's being harassed to the point of thinking about leaving. He can't go anywhere because of the harassment. She's contacting all his friends to harass them as well. A report might not help, but it's not going to cause more trouble than the current situation. It's about the only thing he has left to try, because it's clear things like ignoring the person is not going to work, as it hasn't worked.

Though it's true that resident disputes aren't a thing that's reportable, harassment is reportable. Following a person everywhere they go and using multiple alts to get around bans is beyond two people having a bit of an argument.

Edited by Polenth Yue
Spelling
  • Like 4

if this is all happening in SL it may be time for a vacation from SL on the mains you use now, it may seem like punishment for you both or it could be what you both need for eachother for a while. If you are RL with this partner, then SL does not need to be this full of rubbish, just do not log in for a while they will have nothing to do if you are not here. You can still file abuse reports, I am not sure why he would not want to do that, because honestly unless this person knows his RL information and can actually do something to his and your RL there is nothing that should hold you both back from reporting them. 

• Like 3

Report. Report. Report. Even if it is just annoying harassment now, it has started the paper trail for if/when she escalates. And someone that has 20+ alts is going to escalate. If you have proof they are her alts being used to get around blocks and bans, include that in your reports.

If you're up to it, make alts yourselves. If you are premium, you can just log into your mains and send the stipends to the alts. Make new friends on the alts. Explore new areas of SL. 

I was where your partner is, 12 yrs ago. My RL ex was stalking and harassing me in SL and using it to harass me in RL. Only when I made my alt, I killed Zoya. She didn't show up in search, wasn't in groups, and disappeared from friends lists. For 9 years it bothered me that I let him push me to that point. It felt like he had won because I lost Zoya, her friends, her business, and her inventory of memories. In 2016 with the support of my RL husband and LL we brought her back. Her inventory was empty and her friends were long gone, but I had her back. I don't recommend going as far as I did and losing your mains, but the new alts might give you some peace of mind until his psycho ex moves on to another target.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Where did you see anything about RL? He is the OPs RL, the harasser has no RL contact, from what i read.

Maybe I read it wrong Drake, now Im looking again she might mean SL employment. It would be a stretch for the X to take along her new bf now I think about it. All meeting in RL. I think not. 

11 hours ago, baby74doll said:

So I am looking for a bit of help. My rl/sl was with this woman and recently split up after much trouble. The problem is she has 20 accounts now according to her new person. My bf knew of only 16. She is going to his places of employment to harass him and bringing along her new bf's mc. She has been spreading lies and he even lost a job over it all. He was close to leaving sl but we just got back together and doesnt want to leave me. Is there anything we can do? He would rather not file a report because he is afraid it would cause more trouble for him. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you all. So it is mainly all in sl. She does know him rl and personal information. He has her blocked on anything they used to communicate including his cell. I just got back from a year break on sl and he just recently joined a new mc in sl. Right now we are living in seperate states and use sl for time together until my move. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, baby74doll said:

We have groups hidden.

Good deal. Be sure to check those landmarks attached to any picks you have as well if you haven't already. You'll need to recreate any that need to be replaced. A sandbox would be a good place or a water sim for those picks that are more personal, say, to commemorate a friend.

Flying under the radar can be advantageous. 👼

3 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Good deal. Be sure to check those landmarks attached to any picks you have as well if you haven't already. You'll need to recreate any that need to be replaced. A sandbox would be a good place or a water sim for those picks that are more personal, say, to commemorate a friend.

Flying under the radar can be advantageous. 👼

Personally, I'd set the landmarks to land right smack in the middle of a damage-enabled volcano.  :)

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, baby74doll said:

Thank you all. So it is mainly all in sl. She does know him rl and personal information. He has her blocked on anything they used to communicate including his cell. I just got back from a year break on sl and he just recently joined a new mc in sl. Right now we are living in seperate states and use sl for time together until my move. 

Take a break from the main account. Don't delete it but just hop in an alt and lay low til everything blows over. Don't even tell the "friends" what the alt name is because she may get them to side with in and end up with the new information.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.