Question

I've tested Black Dragon viewer. Absolutely love it. Strange thing, though. My avatar's eyes are going all over the place, literally. They are supposed to go around a bit due to animations, AO and the eyes itself. But they are literally turning around unrealistically and just.. going all over the place. While in Firestorm and other viewers, the eyes are just fine.

5 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Eye movement can be restricted by degrees (head and eyes both seperately).

AgitatedTepidErmine-size_restricted.gif (full version)

The poser can also control eyes as long as they are either rigged to any bone or attached to one.

In addition you can edit the attentions.xml file in the Viewer's character folder and disable all kinds of lookats which will also disable eyes/head trying to face them. There's an official guide to do so here and my discord group also has a pre-modifed attentions.xml file for people to use.

It is currently not possible to toggle the tiny random eye jittering off, unless you are willing to use the animation controls window and kill all default animations (this will get rid of several baseline animations such as breathing, walking/standing adjustments and will require you to reattach some attachments, such as my body to restart the tail animation)

Edited by NiranV Dean
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Do your eyes also roll around on the official LL viewer? Downloads | Second Life

If you had your LookAt blocked from sending on Firestorm, that has the bonus of stopping your eyes rolling around in your head.

• Like 1

Yes, my lookat is blocked in Firestorm. Well! Seems like I'll be sticking to Firestorm. Not like there's anything wrong with Firestorm, just wanted to use Black Dragon for picture making. But no point if eyes roll all over the place. :D 

There may be a way to stop the eye roll on Black Dragon using the pose editor - I'm not sure if this can control the eyes though.
You could also buy something on the MP or make an attachment that locks your eyes I guess.

Pinging @NiranV Dean

• Like 1

I'd like to thank you both so much for the assistance. The issue was indeed the eye-tracking to my cursor as I moved it around. I turned the tracking off, and they quit going all over. :)

• Like 1