So how does one pre-pay one's premium before the price increase?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure how long it's been up and running. But it is. It's under "Account > Premium Membership > Manage Membership > Premium Membership Plans".

It should give you the option to prepay your current plan, and explains things there. I took the opportunity to upgrade from quarterly to annual. To do that, I selected the annual option then "change membership". Afterwards, it gave me the option to prepay. My original billing/renewal date was the 20th of this month, now it's the 20th of June 2020. 

Edited by Nastasha Szaberwick
  • Thanks 1

I am going to presume that I am just in an unfortunate or possibly fortune timescale as my usual premium would be due on 20th June so I am hopeful that between 20th and 24th June I will get the option to pay again to June 2021

730234208959e7a3311425278fa94076.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I am going to presume that I am just in an unfortunate or possibly fortune timescale as my usual premium would be due on 20th June so I am hopeful that between 20th and 24th June I will get the option to pay again to June 2021

Yuck - definitely recheck in on the 21st -- you should then get an additional year.

Mine renews on June 30th, so while I can prepay, it really only buys me a few days.  

image.png.1b43359633befb7fb8ae39e734e13a65.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

9 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Ooh I think you should be able to do that. Lucky!

18 minutes ago, Nastasha Szaberwick said:

Not sure how long it's been up and running. But it is. It's under "Account > Premium Membership > Manage Membership > Premium Membership Plans".

It should give you the option to prepay your current plan, and explains things there. I took the opportunity to upgrade from quarterly to annual. To do that, I selected the annual option then "change membership". Afterwards, it gave me the option to prepay. My original billing/renewal date was the 20th of this month, now it's the 20th of June 2020. 

The 20th of this month would have charged you the current $72 anyway because the new rates don't go into effect until the 24th.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Probably the most efficient option. 

10 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

It is fortunate, you pay 72 USD June 20 2019, and then pre-pay another 72 USD, a new billing cycle covered to 21 June 2021.

I pre-pay a billing cycle too, but I only get it to March 2021, since I paid in March this year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The 20th of this month would have charged you the current $72 anyway because the new rates don't go into effect until the 24th.  

Indeed. I just wanted to get it out of the way now while I had the opportunity, though. One less thing to worry about this month

Edited by Nastasha Szaberwick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.