mesh head/skin ratings?

latinatransgirl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi so I know there are places that have reviews of heads and skins. im looking more of something like a top 10 list of preferred stores. stay away from this place or that place. so any thoughts?  I know somewhere I saw someone say they cant refer me to a specific store. im not sure if that's because they are a moderator or whatever. anyway I would appreciate any help or hints any of you can give me. Thank you!

4 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, latinatransgirl said:

I know somewhere I saw someone say they cant refer me to a specific store. im not sure if that's because they are a moderator or whatever.

No.  It's because the Community Guidelines for these forums say explicitly: "No advertising or promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, products, or services, unless the forum area is specifically for the buying or selling of Second Life products or services, for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum. Do not reference other websites offering any product or service."  There's been a bit of debate here about what "promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, or services" means, but there's a common understanding that we should avoid posting stuff like that, at least in Answers.  However, someone will probably come along here sooner or later and post links to blogs that do those sorts of reviews.😉

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

No.  It's because the Community Guidelines for these forums say explicitly: "No advertising or promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, products, or services, unless the forum area is specifically for the buying or selling of Second Life products or services, for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum. Do not reference other websites offering any product or service."  There's been a bit of debate here about what "promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, or services" means, but there's a common understanding that we should avoid posting stuff like that, at least in Answers.  However, someone will probably come along here sooner or later and post links to blogs that do those sorts of reviews.😉

oh wow I should probably read more of the rules 😀

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

10 hours ago, latinatransgirl said:

oh wow I should probably read more of the rules 😀 

Probably... but what fun is that? -- Also, the Linden enforcement of the 'no advertising' rules seems to be targeted at mostly self promotion, IMO. So, if I refer you to Blueberry as awesome or Scandalize as scandalous they aren't likely to come down on me. If it becomes obvious I am pumping a brand or product or I become a nuisance with promotions, as opposed to answering a question, then the Lindens are likely to take action. I haven't been censored for answering a question like who makes the sexiest clothes with a brand name.

As to best brands and who to stay away from... I don't recall seeing such a site. It would take lots of work to keep such a review current and pertinent. 

There are 'mesh body & head' reviews. https://meshbodyaddicts.com/ That type of review site comes up in Google. It is more a product review thing than a quality rating.

The type of information you want is available, sort of. It is just difficult to come by. It is also general in nature... not as specific as I would like. To get it use Google's Site Search. Do that by typing site:marketplace.secondlife.com nalates (35 hits) or site:marketplace.secondlife.com Blueberry  (45,600). [format: site: directs Google to search within a specific website, domain_name this tells Google which site to search, type a space then the query - what to search for.] The ( ) shows the number of hits. Don't type that into your query. This isn't suggesting I am bad and Blueberry good. It does show Blueberry is prolific. From that we can reason they are making money to pay for the time to make 45k different products. Rip-off artists seldom grow this big as complaints and Linden action takes them down at some point.

With smaller numbers of products one has to look at some of the marketplace reviews to decide if a merchant is good or trustworthy. One can also search the forum for opinions on a brand/merchant.

When you are considering spending US$1 or $2 for a dress (whatever) you can't put a lot of effort into deciding which brand/product is best.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Haha 1

Mesh Body Addicts has a "scorecard" of sorts on their site...it shows how popular the various brands are.  At least, for those who responded to the survey.  However, their site is way out of date and hasn't been actively added to in a long time.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.