"measuring tape" for Bellisseria plots

Kat Shadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a question about the Bellisseria plots. I know the Moles tried to give an organic feel to everything, so our plots seem to be varied in shape if not in  sq m. But it seems like the boat slips are much more regular because that's perfectly realistic. That's true, yes? ( I ask because I'm looking for a measuring tool that will help me if I ever move to another boat slip: I have a rezzer hub that rezzes my furniture in relation to itself rather than by region coordinates. This is helpful if I ever move to another long slip, but only if they are the exact same shape & size. & I need something that let's me determine  just where my hub is in relation to my current plot, too. Yes, I should've raised the hub against one of the beams of my houseboat, but I brain failed & raised it near the center & I do not want to reload a whole new crate, if I can help it...)

• Like 2

That's a long way around to ask if Houseboat X is the same size on parcel A as it is on parcel Q.

The answer to that is, yes, there are 4 boat types which are used all over Bellisseria. Your rez crate would work on parcel A in region X as well as on parcel B in region Y, as long as you use the same boat type as the rez box was set up for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Kitten Kaos said:

I have a question about the Bellisseria plots. I know the Moles tried to give an organic feel to everything, so our plots seem to be varied in shape if not in  sq m. But it seems like the boat slips are much more regular because that's perfectly realistic. That's true, yes? ( I ask because I'm looking for a measuring tool that will help me if I ever move to another boat slip: I have a rezzer hub that rezzes my furniture in relation to itself rather than by region coordinates. This is helpful if I ever move to another long slip, but only if they are the exact same shape & size. & I need something that let's me determine  just where my hub is in relation to my current plot, too. Yes, I should've raised the hub against one of the beams of my houseboat, but I brain failed & raised it near the center & I do not want to reload a whole new crate, if I can help it...)

Boatslips will always be one of two kinds of dimensions... the square ones are 32 x 32 meters and the long ones are 16 x 64 meters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

That's a long way around to ask if Houseboat X is the same size on parcel A as it is on parcel Q.

Heh true, that's what I get for writing while I think thru "ok I need to find a tape measure, but wait, I've seen some odd shaped land parcels..." and simply failing to intuit: parcels may differ, boats are boats and a particular layout will only with with that specific boat anyway 😛

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Haha 3

Is it really odd shaped parcels anywhere in Bellisseria? I don't think so.

The public land around vary, and some plots does not have any visual markers like fences and hedges. They can appear to be different. But the house plots are only 32 x 32 as already said. Under World - show more - tick Property lines and you will see all house plots are the same size.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.