Can my attachment move me (and my hitbox) somewhere else?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 

My apologies if this has been asked before, but I am wondering if anyone knows of any way that an avatar's attachment can move someone somewhere else, say underground, while it's being worn? I use a micro avatar, and I would like to have it so that I can fit through small nooks and crannies (or even walk through walls, I suppose. 

An avatar attachment can't move the avatar physically. You can sit on a prim which can move you around both physically and non-physically. E.g. Sit on a prim and then move the non-physical prim through a wall with you on it or you can sit on a physical prim scripted as a vehicle which can move you around physically and crash into the wall. 

8 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

An avatar attachment can't move the avatar physically.

Actually, moving an avatar can be done from an attachment, and it has to be done with respect to physics specifically.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlMoveToTarget

When a script in an attachment uses that function, the avatar will be moved in a straight line towards the target position. Generally speaking, the avatar will be blocked by solid objects and would get stuck on a wall if it was in the way.

This answer is probably not useful for @Jeremy Aie though, unless he knows how to write a script. If he wants to try, there's a scripting forum here with lots of helpful people.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.