LadyWriter

going from premium to basic

Question

My premium is up for renewal in November. I'm 99.9% sure I'm not renewing because of the increase. How do I make sure my account doesn't renew automatically? If I click on Basic now to downgrade, do they do that now or at the end of my year? 

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, LadyWriter said:

My premium is up for renewal in November. I'm 99.9% sure I'm not renewing because of the increase. How do I make sure my account doesn't renew automatically? If I click on Basic now to downgrade, do they do that now or at the end of my year? 

premium is prepaid, so your subscription lasts till the end date. Downgrading now will prevent renewing, and keeping the premium benefits active till that date.
BUT if you own land you'll have to release that, by selling or abandoning, before you can click the downgrade button.. so think about if it's wise to do it now already, or put it in your agenda to do it just before your term ends.

• Like 1

You can wait until shortly before your membership's expiration date to downgrade, as Fox suggests.  Or, you can pay for another year of Premium at the current rate, if you do it between June 3 and June 24, when the higher rate kicks in.  LL told us that they'll let us lock in the old rate for one more year.

• Like 2

Hi Choice!  On this website, go to your Dashboard page (the page that shows when you log in).  On the left, under Account, click Account Summary.  At the top of the page, you'll see something like this.  You can see that my renewal date is August 3.

account.jpg.e8f72c04d2befd635d073b46eadc6b0d.jpg

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ChoiceRider said:

Thanks Lindal Kidd,

Does the increase start with my next monthly payment, or at the beginning of my next 12 month agreement?

Uh...

There are three Premium payment plans.  Monthly, quarterly, and annually.  How often you pay depends, of course, on which plan you choose.  I'm on the annual plan, so I pay once a year.  If you make a monthly payment of $9.50, you're on the monthly plan.  There is no "12 month agreement"...you continue to be billed automatically at your renewal date, until you actively cancel your Premium membership.

Now, the increase.  As of June 24, the cost of a Premium membership will increase.  That increase will take effect for you on your next renewal date after June 24.  So in my case, my annual Premium payment would go up from $72 to $99, charged on August 3.

But there is a way to avoid the price increase, at least for a while.  If you pre-pay your membership before June 24, you can get up to another year at the old rate.  So, if I pay LL $72 now, my Premium membership will be extended another year, to August 3, 2020.