Increasing the 300 Linden Stipend

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

LL has already said that they will make a way for use to apply remaining Premium membership to the new level --- probably something like pro-rate the fee we paid and apply that to the new level.

wait, wait.. I'll still be the best account though right?! ;) 

8 hours ago, that Small said:

wait, wait.. I'll still be the best account though right?! ;) 

Yep, you have the best account that has NO privileges of the inferior Premium account.  Your status could be on hold for years.  LL responds to issues that increase their revenue within hours.  Unless you start making more noise, you might be at the bottom of a long que of "things to do someday".

Have you checked the Linden Home page to see if you are eligible for one?  You have 4096 sqm of tier available, meaning you are not a Basic member, but I suspect they didn't program that for Charter members either.

On second thought, you might find out you have NONE of the Premium member perks, because they didn't exist in 2003.  All you get is your 4096 sqm tier and $500/week stipend.  That should allow you to buy mainland directly from a private seller and use your free tier for that, and probably buy abandoned land from LL (using a ticket to start the process.)  

Edited by Jaylinbridges

Sadly living in australia means the US currency rate is different and it costs me $167 for a annual premium.. i bought it last year but this year for 2020 i dont believe i'll be purchasing it again.. i think the perks are awesome..my favorite is totally the premium sandboxes coz they are the best.. (maybe the weekly linden could be more) but yeah.. its just too expensive real time to be paying that much .. :(

On 6/1/2019 at 1:28 PM, JoiMarie said:

I really like Bellisseria. Good job, Moles of Linden Labs!  I think the homes are cute and an improvement. I like the sailable waters, the streets, the community areas.... I already appreciate the friendly community chatters, and I look forward to my partner and I both having a house (or 2) in Bellisseria. I've joined several of the groups already, and I watch the progress daily. I am on my dashboard trying really hard to be one of the lucky F5 key hitters to claim a Bellisseria home.

And I am okay with the premium membership increase. It really wasn't that much of an increase... And being a premium member has always been worth it to me. I love having access to 4 sims of sandbox.    

But I have a thought. If Linden Labs would simply increase the weekly Linden Stipend to Premium members it would really sweeten the pot. 

Just a suggestion....    ❣️ 

It would certainly help with certain up-coming developments...

(pic related)

6bdd3a3d4c436dcad00935308c16e48b.png

Edited by Han Held

7 hours ago, xBaeBeex said:

Sadly living in australia means the US currency rate is different and it costs me $167 for a annual premium.. i bought it last year but this year for 2020 i dont believe i'll be purchasing it again.. i think the perks are awesome..my favorite is totally the premium sandboxes coz they are the best.. (maybe the weekly linden could be more) but yeah.. its just too expensive real time to be paying that much .. :(

$94 (AUD) of that $167 covers the stipend. So you're paying $73 a year/$6 a month for the actual premium features. Whether that $6 a month is worth it to you is a personal decision, of course.

i dont break it down like that. 167 is 167.. ((seen the makeup brush meme?? brush is brush?)) all i see is 99 usd and at pay point and after conversion to see a figure of 167 is like naw..  i feel ripped off being aussie. :/

brush.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 8:31 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

The "regular" stipends - not tied to the Charter Membership - include the L$500 amount.  I knew a Charter member way back in the day and he told me about the 4096 tier, but I have no clue what his stipend was.  The Knowledgebase gives the other stipend values:

image.png.94432e3bdea0cb2c03be9cdcde78dfb4.png

From 'https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/premium-membership-r346/#Section__3_2"

Thank you so very much for posting this. I was about to ask what that was all about because my SL wife has been a premium member since well basically 2007 when she joined and even with her land for her store I am pretty sure she still only gets like 300 per week. I'd have to double check with her on it, but fairly sure she never seen an increase. lol Looks like she joined a year to late so that'd be why. lol As someone who wasn't impressed by what premium had to offer I would be more inclined to consider purchasing it if the stipend was a lot more then 300 a week. I don't really care though how they set that increase up by account age because realistically a very large amount of people who joined back then are no longer even around. So it really only benefits a few. If they are going to do it that way then I think anyone who's been around at least 5 years to a decade should start receiving something or even do small yearly increases. Make retaining the longevity of the membership even worth it. Ah well. Just my opinion though. At the end of the day it doesn't really bother me one way or the other. I just buy the lindens for what I want anyway. lol Thanks again for sharing that information mate. I really do appreciate it. 😎

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 5:01 AM, xBaeBeex said:

167 is 167

Yup. 

Reality for me is that I do not factor in the weekly stipend we receive into the cost of a subscription.  That would seem to indicate it was some kind of loan one gives SL at the start of each premium subscription payment, which SL then pays us back a part of that loan weekly thereafter.  I've not ever interpreted the SL advertisements for the list of subscription benefits to even come close to that.  Though I can definitely see how one might use some sort of net analysis to determine whether buying a subscription is worth it to them.  

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2020 at 11:00 PM, Kyrie Deka said:

Good reasoning. My thinking is that when I spend, it circulates to others (who may or may not cash out).  The incentive for both groups is to do it all over again and receive another payment of some kind, be it Lindens or cash. True that those who cash out may not take 100% of those dollars and reintroduce those into SL.  But of course as one who never cashes out (only in lol), I cannot control what others take away. But I can feel I/we all contribute by spending internally, and the hope is that those who have for years been inspired to advertise to attract my/others spending continue to do so.  It may not make good sense to SL to raise the Stipend, or it may given some challenges, diversions, and other stuff going on this year. Sometimes only time will tell the good decisions from the not-so. And I really wonder if any business plan, this moment in time, will remain exactly the same as what made sense January of this year. 

Remember though... when you "cash out," it isn't LL buying the lindens from you - it's another resident. So the lindens themselves stay in the world regardless of whether you cash out or not.

The only way lindens actually leave SL is through things like the picture upload fee or fees to upload things to the marketplace, etc. That's why LL has to carefully balance how many lindens they put into the world and what the sinks are because otherwise the linden will begin to lose value.

The "no cash out" plan doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you consider this.

It's going to be interesting what happens now through Spring 2021, in every business. Every plan on what works and what doesn't I suspect will be up for revisit. So many folks learning news ways of shopping, of budgeting, of investing, identifying waste and advertised fluff in all businesses.  Here I truly believe that a meaningful amount of Premium Stipend weekly is a great enticement to join initially.  And to retain and keep those renewals coming in later and not lose folks, I think a stipend with a kick of a bit more than an initial subscriber gets would help us with patience as we navigate [lag, issues, etc.].  This, even as a token weekly "raise" every e.g. three years of continuous premium subscription.  I leave the economy balance sheet up to LL thankfully.  And guessing if they have the power to analyze true stats and put more lindens in the economy to grow the base of committed spending users, that they would in the same motion identify something on the other side of the balance sheet that covers (and to a profit) anything risked from their putting those additional lindens in. Hoping by Spring 2021 we will see stabilization on all fronts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.