Willingtoo

Vampires and such

I appreciate you taking a look. I have been there off and on and haven't seen him yet. I am pretty sure whoever it was will return though. Is ok, I will end up with a name at some point. Thank you again.

• Like 1

@malcolmmerlyn1,

Both you and your wife need to learn the easy response to people who are annoying and won't take No for an answer:  Muting.

Right click the offensive person.  Choose Block.  If using the Firestorm viewer, choose Annoyance \ Block.

2 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

@malcolmmerlyn1,

Both you and your wife need to learn the easy response to people who are annoying and won't take No for an answer:  Muting.

Right click the offensive person.  Choose Block.  If using the Firestorm viewer, choose Annoyance \ Block.

hmmmmmmmm I have not had to block anyone yet. She had just started, so didn't know how to either. I guess that will be the route to go.

As a Bloodlines player I apologize for all the jerks. Not all of us are like that. I ask if people like vampire stories and if they do would they like to play a vampire game, and if they say yes I ask if I can bite them and tell them about the hud and stuff. I don't spam people with random bite requests nor badger people.

Edited by Drucilla Zeplin
misspelled word
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/29/2020 at 7:22 AM, Drucilla Zeplin said:

As a Bloodlines player I apologize for all the jerks.

Why should you apologize for the actions of others? Did you make them do any of it? Is it your responsibility?

I'm not going to go out and apologize for the morons running around with spanking HUDs spamming random people at clubs or in stores simply because I have one in my inventory that is capable of doing the same.

Besides, by your description it appears you're putting the cart before the horse; informing potential prey in explicit detail all that comes with Bloodlines should be done before you even consider asking to bite them. A neglectful or irresponsible host who actually gets people into Bloodlines is much worse than a spampire.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:54 PM, Orwar said:

Besides, by your description it appears you're putting the cart before the horse; informing potential prey in explicit detail all that comes with Bloodlines should be done before you even consider asking to bite them. A neglectful or irresponsible host who actually gets people into Bloodlines is much worse than a spampire.

Well I do tell them about what bloodlines is before I ask to bite them, I guess you just decided to misunderstand what I wrote.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 6:54 AM, Orwar said:

Why should you apologize for the actions of others? Did you make them do any of it? Is it your responsibility?

No, but they really were a fricking pain for a very long time, and often pretty abusive when you told them to stop spamming you out of nowhere all over the grid. We had to complain a lot to get the garlic necklace, then we had to learn about its existence, obtain one, use the accursed thing and then still get whinging 12 years later that we "don't understand". We had no interest in this game, it shouldn't have impacted on us at all. 

If you didn't do any of this then no, you don't owe anyone an apology. But it does improve the game's terrible reputation when someone says, "Yeah, our players were a bunch of pillocks at one point and a fair number still are. Sorry about them, we are not all like that." I appreciate it.

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Drucilla Zeplin said:

Well I do tell them about what bloodlines is before I ask to bite them, I guess you just decided to misunderstand what I wrote.

I didn't decide to misunderstand you; the way you composed your post made the apparent chronology of interactions that you bite them at the point they say that they're interested, and that you then tell them about the HUD 'and stuff'.

On 1/29/2020 at 7:22 AM, Drucilla Zeplin said:

I ask if people like vampire stories and if they do would they like to play a vampire game, and if they say yes I ask if I can bite them and tell them about the hud and stuff.

Judging by that, and by a brief glance at the Bloodlines interactions of the people whose souls you've collected - dead vampires and humans bit once or twice, sometimes not even by you, you, strike me more as a soul-hoarding 'gamer' type who don't really put that much effort into getting people involved in the game, but use them to get a high score. 

If that's how you want to play Bloodlines, fine - but you're marginally better than a spampire.

18 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

No, but they really were a fricking pain for a very long time, and often pretty abusive when you told them to stop spamming you out of nowhere all over the grid. We had to complain a lot to get the garlic necklace, then we had to learn about its existence, obtain one, use the accursed thing and then still get whinging 12 years later that we "don't understand". We had no interest in this game, it shouldn't have impacted on us at all. 

If you didn't do any of this then no, you don't owe anyone an apology. But it does improve the game's terrible reputation when someone says "Yeah, our players were a bunch of pillocks at one point and a fair number still are. Sorry about that." I appreciate it.

To recycle the analogy of the spanker HUD; is it not equally, if not more annoying, to be randomly and publicly emote-spanked, with a sound effect, without ever even having a chance to accept or deny this interaction, than receiving the standard pop-up for a request to animate your avatar? Don't get me wrong, I get that it's annoying, and that with the multitude of people doing it in the past, it became a concern.

But it's pretty much the 'do guns kill people' question, except it's more specific, as 'does the SIG Sauer P226 kill people' - there are plenty of interactive HUDs that will request to animate your avatar if the user clicks on their HUD, such as couple dance / hug / kiss / sex HUDs - they have the exact same potential to be used to spam people, and whilst apparently not as prevalent as the Bloodlines HUDs, there's been many times that I've gotten random animation requests that were from other HUDs. And for them there's not even a garlic necklace.

People who use any HUD or other means to spam, harass or grief people should be held accountable for their own actions, and the quickest and easiest way is to simply block them on the spot and/or alert staff (when applicable) to their behavior. Even if you pop into a Bloodlines haunt (sim that is 'Bloodlines Friendly'), or perhaps even specifically if you do, such behavior generally earns you an immediate and often permanent ban - especially since for a Bloodlines player, a miss-click will actually cost you in-game resources with an L$ value attached to it. The whole spampire-paranoia is simply disproportionate, and the anger / fear / hatred is completely misguided towards the wrong people and to the tool itself; if a handful of Texans were to murder a few people, would you be hateful / fearful / angry with all Texans? It's irrational and downright silly.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2020 at 2:56 PM, Orwar said:

I didn't decide to misunderstand you; the way you composed your post made the apparent chronology of interactions that you bite them at the point they say that they're interested, and that you then tell them about the HUD 'and stuff'.

Judging by that, and by a brief glance at the Bloodlines interactions of the people whose souls you've collected - dead vampires and humans bit once or twice, sometimes not even by you, you, strike me more as a soul-hoarding 'gamer' type who don't really put that much effort into getting people involved in the game, but use them to get a high score. 

If that's how you want to play Bloodlines, fine - but you're marginally better than a spampire.

To recycle the analogy of the spanker HUD; is it not equally, if not more annoying, to be randomly and publicly emote-spanked, with a sound effect, without ever even having a chance to accept or deny this interaction, than receiving the standard pop-up for a request to animate your avatar? Don't get me wrong, I get that it's annoying, and that with the multitude of people doing it in the past, it became a concern.

But it's pretty much the 'do guns kill people' question, except it's more specific, as 'does the SIG Sauer P226 kill people' - there are plenty of interactive HUDs that will request to animate your avatar if the user clicks on their HUD, such as couple dance / hug / kiss / sex HUDs - they have the exact same potential to be used to spam people, and whilst apparently not as prevalent as the Bloodlines HUDs, there's been many times that I've gotten random animation requests that were from other HUDs. And for them there's not even a garlic necklace.

People who use any HUD or other means to spam, harass or grief people should be held accountable for their own actions, and the quickest and easiest way is to simply block them on the spot and/or alert staff (when applicable) to their behavior. Even if you pop into a Bloodlines haunt (sim that is 'Bloodlines Friendly'), or perhaps even specifically if you do, such behavior generally earns you an immediate and often permanent ban - especially since for a Bloodlines player, a miss-click will actually cost you in-game resources with an L$ value attached to it. The whole spampire-paranoia is simply disproportionate, and the anger / fear / hatred is completely misguided towards the wrong people and to the tool itself; if a handful of Texans were to murder a few people, would you be hateful / fearful / angry with all Texans? It's irrational and downright silly.

Guess you told me huh?

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

@Drucilla Zeplin  If you're not hurting anyone never mind what anyone else thinks.  Use the game as you wish.

Tanku. I am not hurting anyone, well cept for that one guy I guess, but I think he gets offended by everyone and has to splain it all for everything.

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2020 at 10:56 PM, Orwar said:

On 1/29/2020 at 6:22 AM, Drucilla Zeplin said:

I ask if people like vampire stories and if they do would they like to play a vampire game, and if they say yes I ask if I can bite them and tell them about the hud and stuff.

She said ASK and tell. That's how I read it, convo about vampires, can I bite you, here's what it entails. Which is different from bite then tell.

• Like 1