Jump to content

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

Sylvia,  my apologies. I did not see your helpful post before posting “here it comes” in response to the impolite posts that followed my long post about gaslighting-apologists. 

Thank you for the idea. In fact, I have found that typing in the name I want and clicking “next”, then going back on Chrome keeps the desired name in the refreshed page. So, when auto refresh rings, I can just go straight to clicking “next”.  Still no luck though. Rats!

I tried having the name in first and it did not work.   I had to wait and type in 5 random letters fast as lightening and then claim it, and it worked.   Don't give up hope I got one by auto refreshing.  It might take a few days but you can do it too!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nataliaa Choche said:

I tried having the name in first and it did not work.   I had to wait and type in 5 random letters fast as lightening and then claim it, and it worked.   Don't give up hope I got one by auto refreshing.  It might take a few days but you can do it too!

That's how I did it, too. I just beat on the "a" key till I had enough letters, and sorted the name out later. lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It can take a few days, but houses and boats are abandoned... not often. With Auto Refresh Plus, alert for Bellisseria, and a parcel name slapped on as fast as you can, you can get one.

You don't have to sit and autorefresh yourself, can do other things in another window or another browser. I had the autorefresh on in Chrome, and Firefox for other things.

Edit: My alt, who tested Auto Refresh Plus, misses many of the homes... But he scored a boat yesterday and a house today. Just be stubborn.

I have not counted it, but it feels like he misses more than 5, fewer than 10. Someone is really typing fast.. No, he does not have a ton of homes.... Catch and release.

Edit 2: And now he's done with testing Auto Refresh. I was curious to see how well it works.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Auto refresh while you sleep... this is how I got mine... I made the alarm for auto refresh super loud so it would wake me up and had the name line already filled in.   So heard the alarm... ran to my computer... quickly got through the screens and got my houseboat 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Gearhead Gaffer said:

I don't have a new home either, and I'm plenty willing to wait. Hell, I couch surfed in other folks' places for a decade before I finally decided to find a plot.

I just get so frustrated when people come in and start invoking internet lawyer language about unequal service and say that people telling them they are mistaken is harassment.

Gearhead, I think your intentions are good. I just happen to disagree with you.  I know you disagree with me, and that is ok.  

These discussions have not been pleasant for me.  The first response to my suggestion of unfairness was a gif of a puppy shaking its head “no”, which was then liked by somebody else.  Is this a good way to treat a newbie in an online community?  It made me feel pretty unwelcome.  Some people here have been very nice.  One even offered me access to her  houseboat!  That is awesome!  But, my argument is not just about me.  I don’t like unfairness no matter who is affected.  We can disagree about whether the situation is unfair.  There have been some reasonable arguments against my opinion.  But, if I offer a rebuttal, there is no reason for people to get offensive (I am not talking about you).  

I expect we will meet again on this forum.  I ask that you please be patient with my manner of expression, and I will do the same for you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

Please stop harassing me. Let’s have a constructive conversation like a real community.

If posting a gif of Christopher Walken is harassing, well... y'all are free to harass me day and night! BRING ON THE GIFS!

345695826_tenor(1).gif.cc968dce8bfb8c96dc9e7e3f7d9156a2.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

If posting a gif of Christopher Walken is harassing, well... y'all are free to harass me day and night! BRING ON THE GIFS!

345695826_tenor(1).gif.cc968dce8bfb8c96dc9e7e3f7d9156a2.gif

I do like this one, Beth. But, it was the yawn, and the “no” puppy I did not appreciate.  How would you have felt if that puppy was the first response to your complaint about the wrong delivery from a merchant at an event, followed by a like if the puppy and a bunch of people telling you there is no reason for you to feel the way you do? Then, a CW yawn gif the next day.  Even if you are ok with that, I don’t have to be, and you don’t have to be mean about how I feel.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

I do like this one, Beth. But, it was the yawn, and the “no” puppy I did not appreciate.  How would you have felt if that puppy was the first response to your complaint about the wrong delivery from a merchant at an event, followed by a like if the puppy and a bunch of people telling you there is no reason for you to feel the way you do? Then, a CW yawn gif the next day.  Even if you are ok with that, I don’t have to be, and you don’t have to be mean about how I feel.  

I would have felt like an idiot for not giving the forums a cursory glance to see that this topic has been beaten to a bloody pulp repeatedly over the last 2 months on multiple threads multiple times and then crawled into a hole to get over my embarrassment because I added absolutely nothing new and just stirred up old arguments and resentments all over again.

And that has, in fact, happened to me before. Lessons were learned. Maybe.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

I do like this one, Beth. But, it was the yawn, and the “no” puppy I did not appreciate.  How would you have felt if that puppy was the first response to your complaint about the wrong delivery from a merchant at an event, followed by a like if the puppy and a bunch of people telling you there is no reason for you to feel the way you do? Then, a CW yawn gif the next day.  Even if you are ok with that, I don’t have to be, and you don’t have to be mean about how I feel.  

You know what, you're right. I'm not going to delete my last post because that's bad form, but yeah. You are frustrated. I get that. I do disagree with your assertion that you're being treated unfairly by LL and aren't getting the same benefits others get, but that's my prerogative to have that opinion, same as it's your prerogative to have your opinion.

You are frustrated, and so are the rest of us, for different reasons. We see this argument popping up at least a couple times a week and yes, it gets frustrating seeing it over and over again. 

Let's just agree to all be frustrated and agree to disagree. I do apologize for being a complete butt, though. I've got people on other threads being butts to me and, no, it doesn't feel good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

You know what, you're right. I'm not going to delete my last post because that's bad form, but yeah. You are frustrated. I get that. I do disagree with your assertion that you're being treated unfairly by LL and aren't getting the same benefits others get, but that's my prerogative to have that opinion, same as it's your prerogative to have your opinion.

You are frustrated, and so are the rest of us, for different reasons. We see this argument popping up at least a couple times a week and yes, it gets frustrating seeing it over and over again. 

Let's just agree to all be frustrated and agree to disagree. I do apologize for being a complete butt, though. I've got people on other threads being butts to me and, no, it doesn't feel good.

Beth, I suppose I have been a bit of a butt too.  Lots of butts to go around.  Butts begetting butts.  You are awesome.  (I would have been angry about that vendor deal too.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

Beth, I suppose I have been a bit of a butt too.  Lots of butts to go around.  Butts begetting butts.  You are awesome.  (I would have been angry about that vendor deal too.)

lol... thank you.

And I've finally got some responses from the vendors, though still no resolution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beth Macbain said:

lol... thank you.

And I've finally got some responses from the vendors, though still no resolution.

Grrrrrr!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fox & Gear, I totally get your frustration and you are right, people should really look over the forum before asking questions to help avoid flooding the threads.

But I was more specifically referring to some instances where the snarky-ness was directly put out there to specific people. It was just disheartening, you know? The other frustrations, I totally understand :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's likely the next area that will open up is the new Linden homes on SSPE71, SSPE72, SSPE73 and SSPE74. 

When they do become available later this month I would imagine it won't be long until they sell out.  

 

New Linden Homes SSPE73_003.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

It's likely the next area that will open up is the new Linden homes on SSPE71, SSPE72, SSPE73 and SSPE74. 

When they do become available later this month I would imagine it won't be long until they sell out.  

 

New Linden Homes SSPE73_003.jpg

The 700 houseboats went in 28 minutes. So if these houses are less than 100, as some said, I will guess 10 min.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

traditional homes and not houseboats!  I am being spited    hehe

But they're beachfront.  😍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

traditional homes and not houseboats!  I am being spited    hehe

There will be also houseboats. (Limited supply.)

2019-06-06_houseboats-new.thumb.jpg.d9a7664155b8c2ea38f7ae30938ddfe5.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

There will be also houseboats. (Limited supply.)

 

Do they ever come any other way? 😋

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GinaFreumann said:

But they're beachfront.  😍

I wonder how many people will consider rolling their current house to try getting beachfront property.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I wonder how many people will consider rolling their current house to try getting beachfront property.

well not exactly rolling as I already dumped one of my houseboats earlier this week in anticipation of getting one of the first wave homes if someone rolls or new home when they are ready.  I would consider myself very lucky to get beachfront for sure.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...