Any new news?

BethlehemSub

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, BethlehemSub said:

Nothing new added or available since May 15th? I need a  home:) 

Many of us do not expect anything new until after the preview of the new theme at the SL16 Brithday Bash.

Though there are quite a few folks that are apparently pissed about the increased fees and thus some are abandoning their homes so they can drop back to Basic.  Granted, the chance of nabbing one of those is pretty slim, but it is a chance.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Many of us do not expect anything new until after the preview of the new theme at the SL16 Brithday Bash.

Though there are quite a few folks that are apparently pissed about the increased fees and thus some are abandoning their homes so they can drop back to Basic.  Granted, the chance of nabbing one of those is pretty slim, but it is a chance.

You must install some autorefresh on the page, like Google Chrome and Auto Refresh Plus. Because an abandoned house and/or boat is taken in seconds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have given up hope. I've been homeless for 5 weeks (since you have to give up your old one first) and am sick of refreshing that page. The few times I've seen one pop up by the time you can go thru the confirmation page it's no longer available. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ilana Debevec said:

I have given up hope. I've been homeless for 5 weeks (since you have to give up your old one first) and am sick of refreshing that page. The few times I've seen one pop up by the time you can go thru the confirmation page it's no longer available. 

I'm also resigned to the fact I have to wait, lol.  I've left the mainland spot I had ( & had fun decorating) since the neighbors put up so many garish for sale thingies.  I'm in an old style Linden home now, I like their general style anyway, & plan to use some ideas I see in your brilliant redesigns in New Linden!   Until I can someday move into a houseboat 😍

1 hour ago, GinaFreumann said:

I'm also resigned to the fact I have to wait, lol.  I've left the mainland spot I had ( & had fun decorating) since the neighbors put up so many garish for sale thingies.  I'm in an old style Linden home now, I like their general style anyway, & plan to use some ideas I see in your brilliant redesigns in New Linden!   Until I can someday move into a houseboat 😍

If they raise my fee without offering me the same homes that other premium members are getting it just doesn't seem fair. Their planning  is horrible

9 minutes ago, BethlehemSub said:

If they raise my fee without offering me the same homes that other premium members are getting it just doesn't seem fair. Their planning  is horrible

Except that if you take advantage of the grace period that starts next week and extend your subscription, you can continue along at the old rate for another term. That means you can add up to a year of the old rate onto your current subscription if you go annual.

They didn't have to offer that option, but they did. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2019 at 3:30 PM, BethlehemSub said:

All of the LL apologists will now try to tell what you can do, or could have done, to alleviate what you are going through. But, nothing they say changes the fact that members paying the same fee are not getting the same service.  Given all the wonderful things LL has done, and is doing, we can all have patience for a team that has accomplished so much.  But, this has gone on for quite some time, and it may go on for another year for some.  Not only is this the result of bad planning, the lack of useful information or a plan to ease the currently unfair situation is a bad handling of the mess they have made. Expect to be attacked and insulted by these apologists if you persist with the notion tha LL is not infallible (as you will no doubt see in response to this post), but don’t let them invalidate what you feel.  Nearly everything they say is true, but those facts do not negate what you said, which is also true:  “Their planning is horrible.”  I would use a less extreme description myself, but somehow, this “community” is intolerant of any negative statements about LL, no matter how slight.  Don’t let them gaslight you.  Also, they will give you good advice, and you can learn from them how to be better informed about upcoming changes.  They want to help and that is admirable. Nevertheless, your statement is true.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

I have had 5 hits using auto refresh+ almost constantly for 2 days.  Naming my home and agreeing to the “terms” within 5 seconds was not enough to secure a home in Belliseria.  

It helps to type in gibberish for the name, just any 5 letters. You can change it later.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It helps to type in gibberish for the name, just any 5 letters. You can change it later.

Sylvia,  my apologies. I did not see your helpful post before posting “here it comes” in response to the impolite posts that followed my long post about gaslighting-apologists. 

Thank you for the idea. In fact, I have found that typing in the name I want and clicking “next”, then going back on Chrome keeps the desired name in the refreshed page. So, when auto refresh rings, I can just go straight to clicking “next”.  Still no luck though. Rats!

Edited by Perrain Berenohn
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

Users come here for support, not to be harassed for their views.

department of warm blankets is around the corner, support at the other tab, this is discussion.

and just my humble opinion... the whining about missing homes, not be able to get one and all other related to this : news will appear at the Update thread .. subscribe to that and please stop opening new threads.

Edited by Fox Wijaya
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have been biting my tongue about this for weeks but now I'm going to say my piece...

There honestly have been some really snarky comments from people in the threads since the new homes/houseboats fiasco started up. And I am not trying to be a dick about it, but the snarky comments seem to only come from some of those who got homes early on in this process. 

You have your new LL home and that is wonderful,  I am thrilled for everyone who managed to get one, I really am. But is it really necessary to intentionally make people feel stupid, or bully them with rude remarks? I am not going to point at anyone directly because frankly, that would make ME a bully as well.

There is no excuse whatsoever to behave like you have the right to put someone on the spot and make them feel inferior and to do so over a virtual house  is even more absurd... Let's be adults shall we? You have a home, great, go enjoy it. If you are waiting for one to enjoy, keep pressing that F5 button, don't give up trying!

But holy hamster crap people ... Be kind to each other, it's not that bloody hard to do. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, KrystalKandy said:

Be kind to each other, it's not that bloody hard to do. 

there are now far óver 200 pages with info about the the new homes, several hundreds of posts explaining why, why ... more why and when  ... it should be enough to inform  late realizers there are homes, where to find info and not keep asking where to take the turn while the board with directions is in bold in front of them.

• Like 2

I don't have a new home either, and I'm plenty willing to wait. Hell, I couch surfed in other folks' places for a decade before I finally decided to find a plot.

I just get so frustrated when people come in and start invoking internet lawyer language about unequal service and say that people telling them they are mistaken is harassment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.