Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

What I'm really wondering about (and will likely not get an answer for) is whether I'm going to be sorry if I renew my land alts for a year. What if the super seekrit new premium level turns out to be an increased land allowance, so that I no longer need those alts (but have already paid for them)? 

It's kind of hard to know what to do without all the information, so I feel a bit like I'm in Vegas rolling dice at the moment!

I am sure it will be something with land that only the new Super Premium can have.

So the question is, will you keep a traditional home and a house boat in Bellisseria in addition to that New? Or will you let one or both go, and only have New?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine the complaints if they had raised the rates first, before revealing the new Linden homes. There would be 2000 threads about "WHY RAISE RATES WHEN WE GET NOTHING IN RETURN????? BYE SL I AM LEAV

Bye!

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I am sure it will be something with land that only the new Super Premium can have.

So the question is, will you keep a traditional home and a house boat in Bellisseria in addition to that New? Or will you let one or both go, and only have New?

It's Mainland that I would get rid of (if anything), mostly in Bay City. I'm keeping my Bellisseria land. :)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

What I'm really wondering about (and will likely not get an answer for) is whether I'm going to be sorry if I renew my land alts for a year. What if the super seekrit new premium level turns out to be an increased land allowance, so that I no longer need those alts (but have already paid for them)? 

It's kind of hard to know what to do without all the information, so I feel a bit like I'm in Vegas rolling dice at the moment!

Yeah, out of all the things they could offer in a Super Premium type package, bumping the land allowance up makes a lot of sense in my eyes and would definitely change the need for as many alts - depending on the cost of said package. 

You are right - it is all like gambling in Vegas.  And it is totally possible that they intentionally planned it all this way.

I'll definitely prepay the Linden Home alts though, since I know they won't be leaving there.  Ditto for Lil, since this account is definitely maintaining Premium.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, out of all the things they could offer in a Super Premium type package, bumping the land allowance up makes a lot of sense in my eyes and would definitely change the need for as many alts - depending on the cost of said package. 

That to me seems the most likely thing.

LL is shifting from a tier based income to a membership based income, and there is a ton of abandoned and unused land on Mainland.  A move like what you suggest could work for both

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

giphy.gif

 

Haha! Beth would be proud of you, for finding such an hilariously appropriate picture to capture the sentiment! ☺️

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Two important things to note:

  1. Only a sith deals in absolutes.
  2. Second Life is a luxury. If living paycheck-to-paycheck is your reality, paying for Premium on SL should not even be a consideration.

1. Light-sabers you say, of course I'll take a red one. Derp.

2. Paycheck to paycheck doesn't mean you have to live your life under a rock desperately trying to squirrel pennies away, it just means your budget doesn't enable you to splurge.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

What I'm really wondering about (and will likely not get an answer for) is whether I'm going to be sorry if I renew my land alts for a year. What if the super seekrit new premium level turns out to be an increased land allowance, so that I no longer need those alts (but have already paid for them)? 

It's kind of hard to know what to do without all the information, so I feel a bit like I'm in Vegas rolling dice at the moment!

this is my worry as well. Do I upgrade and prepay my alt account to get extra tier and stipend now, or do I wait and see what if anything a Super Premium might be

because of the dilemma, i am kinda hoping that any new premium-like subscription is not just some little increment in the current Premium. Like just a little bit more tier or stipend. Something really big instead say like a non-transferable homestead. Or perhaps even a Merchant package, with prepaid incentives and enhanced services that merchants would want

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always been under the impression that all moles work for nada .. it's volunteer work. I hope that's not the case because they certainly do a huge amount of work. We see them toiling away day after day on SSP for months. It would be great if they are compensated.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

what they should a done is kept all active uses at the cost as is and new users at the new cost as long you renew now if you stop when you would a paid the full cost of the new cost and you would a forfeited the old price.. and you were not active on premium then you would paid the new price  I would keep cost of land low let's say 150 a month with step fee lets say 200  now that would be nice... 200 setup and 150  a month . Or  SL would a ghost grid like it was before it will die a slow slow sloooooooooooow death lets see if they open up their eyeballs and see that they give to adapt  to the real cost of living  and face it cost of real living so up there 

Edited by noonbaja
spelling fixing
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 9:13 AM, Sean Azambuja said:

To Linden Labs, 

[07:06]: I do not care for "Bait And Switch" Programs.  You guys introduce homes only available to Premium Memberships, and as soon as people sign up, you raise the fees??  Thats a classic "Bait And Switch".  Classic!!  I can't pay for a service that operates that way.  Terrible business practice.  And I would've been happy to pay the increase and annual fees if this was introduced in a more ethical way.  Yall can suck an egg on your Premium membership.  LL wont get any $ from me.  -Sean

Aww, here is a pillow so if you fall on your ass again it wont hurt so badly. I've listened to many frustrated persons in the groups and I mean every group I have has had the topic of the price increase. LL has not increased the price of premium since its inception, and with the new LH Continent I am more than happy to pay the extra for more space, more Li, ROADS and just all around an area / Community that actually LOOKS like a Community. Your Victimhood status is here by null and void. Two USD a month is not going to break me, we will all spend that and or more some time in the next week on stupid purchases for a soda, candy bar, energy drink, HELL even a Staryucks Coffee that you could just stay home and make your own coffee. Here's your sign Sean, you wont be missed. 

  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I've always been under the impression that all moles work for nada .. it's volunteer work. I hope that's not the case because they certainly do a huge amount of work. We see them toiling away day after day on SSP for months. It would be great if they are compensated.

My understanding is that they are actual contracted employees of LL, which means they do get paid. I can't swear to that, though.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

they do get paid

Some years ago they were paid ten dollars an hour -- don't know if they've had a pay raise since then.
One has to live in one of several states to be a Mole (last I heard).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Some years ago they were paid ten dollars an hour -- don't know if they've had a pay raise since then.
One has to live in one of several states to be a Mole (last I heard).

I hadn't heard that one, but wouldn't be surprised, since they might need to attend in-person meetings with LL staff now and then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I've always been under the impression that all moles work for nada .. it's volunteer work. I hope that's not the case because they certainly do a huge amount of work. We see them toiling away day after day on SSP for months. It would be great if they are compensated.

 

Even if they're getting paid, part of me hopes they're primarily doing it because it's fun. :)

I feel about SL that way in general, btw. I always gets when a Linden, in an interview, is talking about the 'business' (I mean, someone's gotta pay the bills); but, to me, this world has always been about creating and enjoying the great things others made. And the business end? Eh, I just don't want to hear about that. 😌

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

 

Even if they're getting paid, part of me hopes they're primarily doing it because it's fun. :)

I feel about SL that way in general, btw. I always gets when a Linden, in an interview, is talking about the 'business' (I mean, someone's gotta pay the bills); but, to me, this world has always been about creating and enjoying the great things others made. And the business end? Eh, I just don't want to hear about that. 😌

While there are very likely Lindens and Moles that do it just because it is a paycheck, I would bet that the vast majority of them are there because they truly love SL and love the work they are doing in support of SL.  Paychecks are important however - we do all have to live and survive in the real world.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

 

Even if they're getting paid, part of me hopes they're primarily doing it because it's fun. :)

I feel about SL that way in general, btw. I always gets when a Linden, in an interview, is talking about the 'business' (I mean, someone's gotta pay the bills); but, to me, this world has always been about creating and enjoying the great things others made. And the business end? Eh, I just don't want to hear about that. 😌

I just hope that they don't often get too burned out and stressed out by major projects with huge demands (and complaints) such as this one in Bellisseria. That's a hazard of making a living doing what you love; "what you love" can cease being fun if it becomes too stressful.

(This is one reason why I cringe when I see some of the things residents say to and about moles and Lindens.)

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly (and probably after ENDLESS complaining) they are transferring a bit more of the cost burden of SL from landownership to membership fees. This makes land ownership more affordable but the trade-off is a few more bucks to pay for your premium membership. To those complaining about this change: once you subtract your 1000L bonus and weekly stipend from your premium total, you actually pay very little for your membership. Then factor in what you are NOT paying for your 1024 sqm of land. You may just turn that frown upside down :))

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, babbalooba said:

Clearly (and probably after ENDLESS complaining) they are transferring a bit more of the cost burden of SL from landownership to membership fees. This makes land ownership more affordable but the trade-off is a few more bucks to pay for your premium membership. To those complaining about this change: once you subtract your 1000L bonus and weekly stipend from your premium total, you actually pay very little for your membership. Then factor in what you are NOT paying for your 1024 sqm of land. You may just turn that frown upside down :))

Note that I am not one of those complaining about the Premium fee increase, but I still had to comment on what I bolded above.  For those of us that went Premium years ago (over a decade for me), that bonus no longer plays a part in any calculations.  It only applies to NEW Premiums --- not even someone that was Premium, dropped to Basic and then comes back to Premium.

Even without the bonus, the membership cost is pretty minimal in the grand schema of things.  After factoring in the L$300 weekly stipend - based on what I could sell them for today - the net cost is $39.00 per year or $3.25 per month.  HOWEVER, there are quite a few countries out there where $3.25 a month is much more than here in the states.  And even here, the full monthly or yearly cost is quite a bit for some folks.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...