New home land size question

Evangeline Arcadia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Currently house plots are [edit as there is no cross out Hmmm] 32 x 32   with 351 prims. Houseboats are more typically 16x 64 with a few being  32 x 32 .  Most houses have very large setback so that VISUALLY they look larger than their actual size. I measured mine and VISUALLY it is well over a 2048 size lot . This counts roads and empty land around the plot.  Some house abut community areas and appear to have even large plots (again just visually). [fixed now I think]

Those of us watching the SSP sims have seen planned areas which appear to have smaller lots (my guess when they appeared a few months back was that these would be 512 plots partly to supply folks in current Linden Homes that have 512 mainland plots also (thus using up their 1024 allotment).   So there is a possibility that the 1024s may not always be the norm.   There could of course be larger plots sometime in the future for higher Premium levels.  Neither the 512s or the say 2048s have been announced officially.  Perhaps we will have some more info at SL16B talks (assuming those happen again this year). 

Edited by Chic Aeon
too sleepy when typing fixed incorrect info

10 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Currently house plots are 1024 x 1024  with 351 prims. Houseboats are more typically 16x 64 with a few being  1024 x 1024.  Most houses have very large setback so that VISUALLY they look larger than their actual size. I measured mine and VISUALLY it is well over a 2048 x 2048. This counts roads and empty land around the plot.  Some house abut community areas and appear to have even large plots (again just visually).

Those of us watching the SSP sims have seen planned areas which appear to have smaller lots (my guess when they appeared a few months back was that these would be 512 plots partly to supply folks in current Linden Homes that have 512 mainland plots also (thus using up their 1024 allotment).   So there is a possibility that the 1024s may not always be the norm.   There could of course be larger plots sometime in the future for higher Premium levels.  Neither the 512s or the say 2048s have been announced officially.  Perhaps we will have some more info at SL16B talks (assuming those happen again this year). 

Um...1024x1024 is a really big plot. They all, whether a 32x32 or 16x64 will equal 1024 square meters.

Although a 1024x1024, if that is for a new ultra premium I would upgrade for that! 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Um...1024x1024 is a really big plot. They all, whether a 32x32 or 16x64 will equal 1024 square meters.

Although a 1024x1024, if that is for a new ultra premium I would upgrade for that! 

OH SORRY.  Just waking up.    MEANT a 1024 lot which is typically 32 x 32.  Will fix my oops above. Thanks.

• Like 1

Just now, Chic Aeon said:

OH SORRY.  Just waking up.    MEANT a 1024 lot which is typically 32 x 32.  Will fix my oops above. Thanks.

After 3 edits I just made to my own post in a different thread I am amazed I even caught that lol still waking up as well. Coffee needs to kick in faster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Oh but I want both!  I want a boat and put a garden on the deck😁

You will have to add your own deck for that part.  The walkway decks that are between the boats are not part of your parcel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You will have to add your own deck for that part.  The walkway decks that are between the boats are not part of your parcel.

I meant the deck area on the boat, not the walkway decks - but they'd look nice with plants too lol

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

next to the sizes are the same, there's a little profit in a way and have a boat .. you don't have to decorate the garden. 🙂

Exactly! I hate landscaping, and love that with a houseboat, I can just toss a jet ski into the water and call it done. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Exactly! I hate landscaping, and love that with a houseboat, I can just toss a jet ski into the water and call it done. 

I like landscaping, which is why I had LI difficulties with the traditional homes.  I could easily have used 300 or more LI just inside the house - or have used 300 or more LI just in the yard around the house.  Ultimately I finally went with a houseboat, where I don't feel like I need to do very much decorating outside of the main living area. 

1 hour ago, moirakathleen said:

I like landscaping, which is why I had LI difficulties with the traditional homes.  I could easily have used 300 or more LI just inside the house - or have used 300 or more LI just in the yard around the house.  Ultimately I finally went with a houseboat, where I don't feel like I need to do very much decorating outside of the main living area. 

love landscaping, so I plan to do both when I get a houseboat.  I'd thought of a roof garden, but using an add-on deck is an outstanding idea ☺️

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.