Sign in to follow this  
cumAngel Shepherd

how can i change my first name? it was acceptable in 2006 but isn't now

Question

Hello Angel. Unfortunately you can NOT change your first name. The only you can do is to change your display name. More about display names you can read Here 

If you need more help about display names, let us know.

10 answers to this question

Hello Angel. Unfortunately you can NOT change your first name. The only you can do is to change your display name. More about display names you can read Here 

If you need more help about display names, let us know.

I think also back in 2006 the sign up paged said that name is permanent and not changeable anymore. You can only change your display name aka fake name because people can still see your real name - especially if they disabled display names. If you want to get completely rid of that name, the only solution is to create a new account.

I don't think they will let you change it but what the heck, I would just make a support ticket and explain the situation, you have nothing to else to lose so just try.

I would suggest that if LL made a change that now makes your name against the rules they should be able to fix it for you, but  I`m not sure that it is a good idea to submit a ticket and draw attention to yourself in case their solution is to close the account.

Maybe wait until they contact you about it and then ask support for help.

This has been a subject of discussion several times in the past. There have been rumors of Linden Lab doing this for people in your circumstance. There are also a few rumors of Linden Lab changing names themselves.

I am not sure whom you would need to contact about this at LL. I would want to talk to an actual Linden and not just some support person. Your desire to change your name is very reasonable and I would think LL would agree with you. I don't think they'd want you flying around in PG-ville with that name. If you are a premium acct you might try live chat.

I'd be willing to gander the word filters at sign up today would not allow you to choose your name. There was someone recently who could not select the name "Sweetwater!!!!!!!" I'll leave it to you to decipher that one :D

There have been threads in the past about this and there have been rumours that Linden lab has done this for people in your circumstances.  There have also been rumours of LL taking it upon themselves to clean up a persons name.

This is something you would need to contact LL about.  I am going to be contrary and not take the "no it can't be done position."  I am not sure who to suggest you contact.  But I would want to talk to an actuall Linden and not just some support person.

I don't think LL would want you flying around PG-Ville with your name.   In fact from what we have heard, I don't think the word filters LL is using would allow you to choose that name today.  We have a recent incident where someone could not select the name "Sweetwater!!!!!!"  I'll let you decipher that one  :D

Bottom line, you need to contact LL regarding this.  In your circumstance it is not an unreasonable request.

Hi, you might put in an abuse report on yourself, explain the trouble, and ask what can be done. There is another resident, Censored Lunt, who had another first name before that was a semi-naughty Spoonerism, and LL was able to fix it.