Jump to content
PrudenceAnton

Unable to find new 2019 Linden homes listing

Recommended Posts

I had no tier and I could see it. Thats why I replied what I did. 

@Evangeline Arcadia

edit: oops me not reading properly. My land was mainland not a LH. Sorry.

Edited by ananoelle
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 9:08 PM, Fox Wijaya said:

and end with two ugly houses?...ehm...

Actually I really like the Japanese style ones. I'd take one like that again, if they were properly upgraded to mesh and came with a 1024m parcel and a garden. I added an interior dividing wall and an upstairs level for the bedroom. I even managed to fit my giant hot-tub in there.

 

190323_005.png

190323_006.png

190323_007.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I got a 512 premium home while I wait, and just checked.. The webpage where you claim homes just has my current home on it, which is a little discouraging, since I got it all decorated not knowing how long I'd need to wait for the new ones. I have the update SL blog set for notifications for when they release more, but would hate to pick everything up in a rush, abandon, then when clicking through to buy, lost my opportunity. I'll just settle in and get comfortable, and resign myself to getting one whenever the craze dies down and there's no pressure to hurry. It sure would be nice if that was set up differently, getting a 24 hour grace period to claim first, then abandon.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Actually I really like the Japanese style ones. I'd take one like that again, if they were properly upgraded to mesh and came with a 1024m parcel and a garden. I added an interior dividing wall and an upstairs level for the bedroom. I even managed to fit my giant hot-tub in there.

That's what I love about the old homes - the roominess. You have a choice to add a dividing wall or partition wherever you want. With the new traditional houses they feel so cramped in comparison. I would have preferred it if they had made them with fewer but bigger rooms inside them, and then people could divide them up themselves if they wanted.  I think that's why I prefer the houseboats - they feel more roomy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new homes and neighborhoods are beautiful, but I totally agree about lack of roominess. My current (old) Linden house has 2 huge rooms, very high ceilings, and no doors between spaces. It is easy to get around.

As much as I love the new community, I find the traditional homes way too cramped and claustrophobic inside - and my camera constantly gets in my way. This drives me crazy. The houseboats, while more open, are stuffed too close together.

I would love to see an updated version of the contemporary homes. Heck, for that I would go super premium in a flash! (Hint, hint!)

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been experiencing the same frustration since I became a Premium member on Friday.  A sign or notice that all Bellisseria homes have been taken would have been nice, just to save me that frantic searching and the hair tearing out that I have been going through.  I thought I was paying for Premium so I would get better service, not to be left with no information or guidance....

 

Thank you to everybody who answered Prudence, your advice and information has been invaluable!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

Try moving your camera position so it doesn’t fly up behind you like a kite.

I've tried repositioning the camera. No matter what I do, I don't like the feeling of being closed in. But thanks for your reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 8:53 AM, YsabellaRose said:

I have been experiencing the same frustration since I became a Premium member on Friday.  A sign or notice that all Bellisseria homes have been taken would have been nice, just to save me that frantic searching and the hair tearing out that I have been going through.  I thought I was paying for Premium so I would get better service, not to be left with no information or guidance....

 

Thank you to everybody who answered Prudence, your advice and information has been invaluable!

You also have the Live Chat for Premium Support available now too ♥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

You also have the Live Chat for Premium Support available now too ♥

Tip for F5 refreshers ...

hwkb17_086_pi.jpg.a0f8807d2fd5a346acf8b6a672d9ecb6.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 1:08 PM, Fox Wijaya said:

and end with two ugly houses?...ehm...

oh, the Japanese themed homes are not ugly, they are the least objectionable to me

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 3:53 PM, YsabellaRose said:

 A sign or notice that all Bellisseria homes have been taken would have been nice, just to save me that frantic searching and the hair tearing out that I have been going through.

thats why there are forums ... the sign/notice  info is here since 30 minutes after second release.

Edited by Fox Wijaya
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2019 at 9:40 PM, ananoelle said:

They should be releasing very soon or at least by the 24th since that is when the new changes take effect.

If they fail to release them this month however, we will have to make do with the increased group slots and offline IMs and old linden box as a booby prize oops I mean, perk.

Id mention the price hike but im taking the offer to keep my current rate for another year.

The new theme definitely won't be released until after the Preview at the SL16 Birthday Bash.

I'm not sure if they'll get out a small release of Traditional Houses and Houseboats before that or not.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 9:05 AM, Cornelius Collazo said:

Why don't they just create a waiting list for people that want houseboats, and give them out in order requested?  Aggravating to find out that some have been released just to see they are all gone.

You still have the first come, first server for a list.  If you end up being number 2500 on the list and the next batch is only 2000 units, will the list method still be fair?  Especially since you possibly could have claimed one of those 2000 units using the current method.  Say they are using a list and a house/houseboat becomes available - how long do they wait after notifying someone that their unit is available before it goes to the next person on the list?  What if the person hasn't claimed it in 12 hours, 24 hours, 2 days, etc...?  If for some reason the person can't claim it right away (maybe they are on vacation with no internet access), and the home ends up going to the next person on the list, does that first person drop to the bottom of the list if they still want a home or do they stay at the top to get the next one?  

Lists are far more work and administration that initially thought.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You still have the first come, first server for a list.  If you end up being number 2500 on the list and the next batch is only 2000 units, will the list method still be fair?  Especially since you possibly could have claimed one of those 2000 units using the current method.  Say they are using a list and a house/houseboat becomes available - how long do they wait after notifying someone that their unit is available before it goes to the next person on the list?  What if the person hasn't claimed it in 12 hours, 24 hours, 2 days, etc...?  If for some reason the person can't claim it right away (maybe they are on vacation with no internet access), and the home ends up going to the next person on the list, does that first person drop to the bottom of the list if they still want a home or do they stay at the top to get the next one?  

Lists are far more work and administration that initially thought.

agree to disagree... just set up the list, send notification to people on the list in order, give them time to respond and if they decline or don't respond, move to the next person.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cornelius Collazo said:

agree to disagree... just set up the list, send notification to people on the list in order, give them time to respond and if they decline or don't respond, move to the next person.  

I just looked at your profile. My avi is older than yours... should the list be sorted by age?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2019 at 11:18 PM, WillowTenage said:

They have been all gobbled up, there are none available right now :(  You can try to refresh the page, repeatedly, for hours upon hours, until your soul is sucked into the endless abyss, quenching for that sweet sweet houseboat or traditional home.  Some people are lucky and get one.   That all relies upon other people abandoning theirs though, and competing with other people trying to get them. 

There is light at the end of the tunnel though, they are building more :) As far as I know, there is no ETA, but it seems to be a priority.  

I wonder how many are taken by alts, alts allts? To bad they do not restrict to IP address lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I wonder how many are taken by alts, alts allts? To bad they do not restrict to IP address lol

 

Why?  If the alt account is a paid Premium, why do they not deserve their Linden Home benefit just like any other paid Premium?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Why?  If the alt account is a paid Premium, why do they not deserve their Linden Home benefit just like any other paid Premium?

yes, true... But still...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 8:36 AM, Eirynne Sieyes said:

The new homes and neighborhoods are beautiful, but I totally agree about lack of roominess. My current (old) Linden house has 2 huge rooms, very high ceilings, and no doors between spaces. It is easy to get around.

As much as I love the new community, I find the traditional homes way too cramped and claustrophobic inside - and my camera constantly gets in my way. This drives me crazy. The houseboats, while more open, are stuffed too close together.

I would love to see an updated version of the contemporary homes. Heck, for that I would go super premium in a flash! (Hint, hint!)

Yeah, would rather have two of the old ones than one of the new ones.  Maybe they could just set double prims on the old ones.  Something has to be done.  The old ones only use half your tier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Erwin Solo said:

Yeah, would rather have two of the old ones than one of the new ones.  Maybe they could just set double prims on the old ones.  Something has to be done.  The old ones only use half your tier. 

Well, why not use the other half to buy a little 512 plot and put up a tiny store or some kiosks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lindal Kidd said:

Well, why not use the other half to buy a little 512 plot and put up a tiny store or some kiosks?

Because regular mainland is pretty junked up. In the Linden Homes area, you have enforced open space. 

I kind of get around it by have 3-4k square meters over on one of the original 16 Old SIMs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Erwin Solo said:

Maybe they could just set double prims on the old ones. 

They can't do that without removing half of the homes on each region.  How do they handle that if more than half of the homes are claimed by someone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...