Why do Some Creators mark their Items All Permissions whey are not all permissions?

JanettaAviv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure I have this in the right place. If I don't then please move this thread. While shopping on the marketplace I decided to look for clothing that was All Permissions. A LOT came up in the search results. Unfortunately though, even though they were checked Copy, Modify, Transfer, many of them I received were NOT all permissions. I don't have much Lindens so I was choosing the cheapest. The craziest part about this mess is that the Creators that had their items checked as Copy, Modify, and Transfer (even though when I got them I found out they weren't all permissions) had absolutely nothing to gain by lying because they were selling the item for $0 Lindens! So why do it?

Basically, that's my question. Why are some of the creators on Marketplace, marking their items as All Permissions, when they are not, especially the ones that are literally giving away the item for free? And what should I do when I run across it? 

I've been leaving reviews, but I've been thinking there has to be a rule against this. So when I find out that a Creator has claimed that their item is All Permissions and it is not, should I report it?

Sometimes it's by accident. SL's permission system is rather dodgy to put it mildly and it's very easy to set them wrong if youu're not very careful. If that's the case, contact the creator and if they're serious, they'll send you a copy with the right perms and probably even thank you for alerting them about the error.

If they don't respond, I'm afraid the only thing you can do is flag the item as not as described. It won't help you but if LLtakes note of your flagging and manages to figure out what isn't as described, there's a chance they'll unlist it and keep others from being fooled the same way you were.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JanettaAviv said:

especially the ones that are literally giving away the item for free?

I don't think it's very common for full-perm sellers to be selling items for L$0.  Did the item happen to be a "demo"  version?   I can understand that if a full-perm maker wanted to be able to provide a demo, they would not want the demo itself to be full-perm (all permissions). 

• Like 1

Also the permissions on the object shown in your inventory don't always match what they functionally are. For full-perm it shouldn't have any restrictions, but the box it comes in might. It's possible that the item comes with a no-mod script in it, which makes the entire thing show as no-modify in inventory even though you can modify everything else about the item and can even delete and replace the script with a different one.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

I don't think it's very common for full-perm sellers to be selling items for L$0.  Did the item happen to be a "demo"  version?   I can understand that if a full-perm maker wanted to be able to provide a demo, they would not want the demo itself to be full-perm (all permissions). 

Actually, I found a lot of items that were being sold in Marketplace for $0 Lindens, and if you go to the marketplace and click the box that says $0 to $10 Lindens you will too. But I agree that would make sense if it were a demo, I should have made it clear in my posts that I was talking about free items that were not demos.

6 minutes ago, JanettaAviv said:

Actually, I found a lot of items that were being sold in Marketplace for $0 Lindens, and if you go to the marketplace and click the box that says $0 to $10 Lindens you will too. But I agree that would make sense if it were a demo, I should have made it clear in my posts that I was talking about free items that were not demos.

I am aware that there are a lot of items that are not demos sold for L$0 in the marketplace and generally they are only copy/mod or mod/trans. 

A copy/mod/trans item being sold for L$0 is not very common, which is why checking to see if it was a demo or not came to mind. 

If it's not a demo, and it doesn't contain something in it's contents that is no copy or no mod or no trans, then contacting the creator is the best thing to do.  You can check the creator's profile to see if they have a preference in how to contact them.  As ChinRey suggested above, if you don't get a response from the creator, then you can flag the item as not as described.

• Like 1

I have seen some Full perms items contain a model example that was ordinary perms because the creator did not want you to use the example as your item, and then the actual product was a download item like a dae file or psd files, check that that is not the case there. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.