Why isn't there more cooperation between clothing creators and genitalia creators?

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

With a small number of exceptions for women, attached genitalia need to be manually hidden or removed when mesh clothes are worn so they won't extend through the clothing. Some genitalia packages even include a script that can be added to clothing to automatically hide them when the item is donned and unhide them when it is removed, but it's mostly useless because most clothes are no-mod. One would think that cooperating with each other to provide this functionality out of the box would give both genitalia and clothing makers a marketing advantage that they could have at almost no cost. Why are they not doing it? Or, are some doing it, and I just don't know about them?

Edited by Jennifer Boyle

It's usually the matter of one click on a HUD to hide genitalia. What I would rather see is more co-operation between those creators and skin creators. Give us appliers for them so we don't have to spend ages trying to tint our bits as close to our skintone as possible ;)

• Like 3

The preferable solution is as mentioned: remove the body part when not using it.  I have a handy outfit with all of my "adult" attachments for easy access, and/or they're in my Firestorm favorite wearables and just a couple easy clicks away. Full time wear isn't really practical, and others will thank you for just taking it off. 

• Like 3

On 5/31/2019 at 7:14 PM, Jennifer Boyle said:

(...)Why are they not doing it?(...)

It's simple, these add ons change the shape of the area (ence why you are complaining) so if they make their clothes to accommodate this, those clothes will look poorly fit on people that don't use these addons. As is there are already leading mesh body brands that get things made for them and then every other body just gets a (often poorly) ported version, because content creators don't have the resources (or will) to port clothes properly.
The idea they would start making a specific version of their clothes to accommodate both the regular mesh bodies and the augmented ones with these add ons is not something they would be willing to do.

As many people here have mentioned, you should be detaching them when you are not using them anymore, that will make your avatar lighter in geometry, textures and scripts.

• Like 1

Let's do the math for the girls.... we have 6 major bodies(3 brands 1, 2 and 3 models)+ ~2 rigged genitalia for each them (some might have more and some less)...

As you would have to do each rigging for each genitalia set and an additional unequipped version... this will increase the rigging cost by 200% ... who will pay the designers for that?

Try proposing your idea to the fetish cloth designers - their customers might be more willing to pay the increased price for those features...

... also please: can someone move this thread to the adult sections?

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, janetosilio said:

Most FEMALE mesh bodies have a who-ha modeled in already. At least the outside part. No need to walk around with another one on with your clothes on.

FIFY. There isn't a single human male mesh body that has an attachment attached.. Female bodies come sculpted with nether bits, males are Ken dolls still. 

4 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

FIFY. There isn't a single human male mesh body that has an attachment attached.. Female bodies come sculpted with nether bits, males are Ken dolls still. 

Slink does! You might not like it .. but it's got the parts.

3 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Its not part of the mesh... And its horrible.. 

How is it not part of the mesh?

And it's better looking that the 6ft long freenish I was assaulted with way back in the day!!! How in the world did you guys walk with those? lol

Edited by Blush Bravin

Just now, Blush Bravin said:

How is it not part of the mesh?

its an attachment... not part of the mesh body.. maitreya, belleza, slink, all have that area sculpted in even a small amount on the female bodies. Some more than others. Male mesh bodies are ken dolls. 

It's not an attachment. It's part of the body. Do you have a slink male body or are you guessing? I bought it for my male model alt way back when it was first released. I have experience with that body. So I know it's not an attachment.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

It is indeed part of the mesh on the Slink Male body. I wore that body almost exclusively from its release up until a few months ago. Most guys use the HUD to hide the built-in genitalia, mainly because... well... let's just say I enabled it once to check it out right after I purchased the body, took one look at it, went "Oh hell no" and hid the damn thing. xD If it were an attachment, believe me I would have detached it! However, I appreciate what the creator was trying to do in adding it. The show/hide controls for it are highlighted on the HUD image below:

1018146082_SlinkMaleBodyHUD.jpg.54cc379be7fbbdc5e6653131c060ae03.jpg

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

It's not an attachment. It's part of the body. Do you have a slink male body or are you guessing? I bought it for my male model alt way back when it was first released. I have experience with that body. So I know it's not an attachment.

31 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

It is indeed part of the mesh on the Slink Male body. I wore that body almost exclusively from its release up until a few months ago. Most guys use the HUD to hide the built-in genitalia, mainly because... well... let's just say I enabled it once to check it out right after I purchased the body, took one look at it, went "Oh hell no" and hid the damn thing. xD If it were an attachment, believe me I would have detached it! However, I appreciate what the creator was trying to do in adding it. The show/hide controls for it are highlighted on the HUD image below:

1018146082_SlinkMaleBodyHUD.jpg.54cc379be7fbbdc5e6653131c060ae03.jpg

I never actually noticed that on the hud.. Its not in the notecards, so i just figured I had to buy one.. turning it on i see that even if i had seen it back then, i would still have had to buy one.. 

53 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I never actually noticed that on the hud.. Its not in the notecards, so i just figured I had to buy one.. turning it on i see that even if i had seen it back then, i would still have had to buy one.. 

Lol .. so you read the notecards but not the HUD? /me giggles. I said you wouldn't like it, but the point is that it's there. She at least tried while no other creator has even attempted. So kudos to her.

18 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Lol .. so you read the notecards but not the HUD? /me giggles. I said you wouldn't like it, but the point is that it's there. She at least tried while no other creator has even attempted. So kudos to her.

The hud is not resizeable, on my screen its fairly small. Thats a pet peeve of mine.. Why not just add a resize function to your hud? with so many people using flat screen tvs as monitors, hud can get really small. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.