Posted (edited)

Hey Lindens, I would like to give you my two cents on the new changes. Why in the world would you guys reduce the number of group memberships and offline IMs for basic users? That's going to cause a lot of people to become really upset and potentially leave Second Life. I would like to suggest you guys rethink that decision to make those reductions on basic accounts and consider slightly increasing them instead. Example, the basic users could be set to be able to join 50 groups instead of 42 and 30 offline IMs instead of 25. Lowering these limits to 35 and 15 respectively is just plain stupid and doesn't make sense. Please take a bit to think about that. Ok, that's all I have to say regarding that.

Edited by KC1990
  • Haha 1

Raising the cost of premium membership by $2.49 and giving us another 10 groups that we don't need in the first place is senseless. If you are going to raise the cost of being in SL, give us something we can actually use. No one seriously needs over 70 groups. I don't even use the group spaces I already have. It's like giving us a old dried out cookie and expecting us to be thankful for it.

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2019 at 6:24 PM, Parhelion Palou said:

Considering that this is the only time the cost has increased in at least 12.75 years, it doesn't seem so bad.

I agree if it was just a cost of premium membership going up it would not be so bad. But they are also raising the cost on the Linden Exchange and by giving us more groups to compensate it feels like a pat on the head and "here is your cookie". The last time they raised the group limit there was an adjustment to the Linden Exchange cost. This shows a pattern that makes the cookie old and stale. It wouldn't cost Linden Lab anything to sweeten the cookie by raising our land impact limit or giving us something else that premium members would consider valuable in world.

• Haha 1

speaking of the linden exchange... have they also upped the wait time? They told me it would take 3 days for one rate exchange and 6 for another and its been 7 for both. I was buying L's in both cases. Anyone have any advice or light to shed on that?

20 minutes ago, unicorn123456788 said:

speaking of the linden exchange... have they also upped the wait time? They told me it would take 3 days for one rate exchange and 6 for another and its been 7 for both. I was buying L's in both cases. Anyone have any advice or light to shed on that?

Id say your wait is dependent the limit buy rate you requested. Mine said 3 days though the rate I requested to buy at is best described as a dreamers rate, Im praying for a miracle lol. Its been 3 days today and still no miracle 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

Id say your wait is dependent the limit buy rate you requested. Mine said 3 days though the rate I requested to buy at is best described as a dreamers rate, Im praying for a miracle lol. Its been 3 days today and still no miracle 🤷‍♀️

yeah... mine was a dreamers rate im sure.... couldnt believe they took it...i just wonder how long i will need to wait?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, unicorn123456788 said:

its basically supply and demand in action. Sellers want more than you are willing to pay, other buyers are willing to buy at a higher price than you

the amount of time we are told is a guesstimate prediction by AI Linden

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, unicorn123456788 said:

yeah... mine was a dreamers rate im sure.... couldnt believe they took it...i just wonder how long i will need to wait?

As long as you can Id say. If my order isnt filled ill cancel and the $ i paid will go into my usd balance.