43 minutes ago, operationhammerman said:

Why not increase the upload fee for pics, textures, etc, to 25L for basic users?

How about not punishing/ostracizing basic accounts.

• Like 5

Actually, raising the fees for everybody on high resolution texture uploads would be beneficial. If it cost L$1024 to upload a 1024x1024 texture, maybe we'd have fewer of them to load when trying to rez in a scene.

• Like 1

That would kill the content creation side of SL overnight and all merchants would have no choice but to pump prices to cover it.

• Like 3

I agree with the *No* on this.  If anything i would recommend Premium Members get free personal photos, and that the price for free accounts be reduced to 5L.  Get income in places other than those that affect content creation.  In fact you could look at the Free Account having a subset for Content Creators whereby if they meet certain standards (producing so much content or whatever) which is good for SL, that photo fees are waived for them as an incentive.    

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I mean if your goal is to kill the game in a single stroke, do that. 1.5% to 5% fees on withdrawal within the last 2 years is enough to make many creators consider quitting already. That number cannot go to 7.5% without consequences, but it will, what you're proposing is even more outrageous. On top of the 30c to current $1.5 fee for buying Lindens. SL needs more users to get more subscribers and make more money, period and end of story.

Edited by Desudesudesuka