Character will not res, I have cleared my cache a dozen times, and thousands of items are gone.

Tamil Cerveau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

I tried your solutions, but you don't seem to fully understand. My skin and shape cannot be rebuild because they are no longer available. Thousands of items are no longer in my inventory. I mentioned that I cleared cache a dozen times and the items are not coming back. My clothes aren't ressing because they, along with my skin and shape, are simply gone.

I tried your solutions, but you don't seem to fully understand. My skin and shape cannot be rebuild because they are no longer available. Thousands of items are no longer in my inventory. I mentioned that I cleared cache a dozen times and the items are not coming back. My clothes aren't ressing because they, along with my skin and shape, are simply gone.

US$20,000 is L$5million.  Did you really have that much spent on inventory items?  Wow, you are a serious shopper!

Inventory is only a link to what's on LL's servers, everything you had will almost certainly still be there.  There are two exceptions when a) items are withdrawn from the system because of a legal (eg; copyright) dispute, b) the database simply loses something.  The former case is more common but you should get a notification of what has been withdrawn and in the case of shape, skin, etc. automatically load a generic replacement.  Although more common it doesn't really explain why so much is missing from your inventory for so long.  In the latter case you get an error message like "asset missing from database" and it needs a ticket to LL to get it investigated and sorted, if it's even possible.

It sounds like you'll probably need to send a ticket to LL support anyway.  Here you are only going to get directions to the 'standard' ways of recovering inventory that we know.

I suppose it varies. I should have 70,000 items and I only have 50,000 items. One of them is a skin, one is a shape, each of those is worth more than a dollar, but then again several snapshots are missing too. If I could take the ruth character and just put on a new skin and shape, of which I have many, I could at least play the game, but I can't do appearance or put on a different shape.

I normally use Phoenix but today I have been trying to use the secondlife viewer while working with customer support. Nothing is working. I can't do appearance until my current shape and skin are finished loading, but they don't ever finish loading. I can force the appearance of Ruth but it still sys it has to finish loading before I can change shape and skin.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.