"Starter" Homes, more like Retirement Homes, amIright?

Kat Shadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Def retirement for me. I have been off and on with my mains and actually started Pre-secondlife with linden worlds (horrible back then in the test phases at the university-pre terraforming days). 

I'm burned out. Need to kick back and enjoy the orginal feel.

No more running sims, designing ssim templates, Djing charity events-retired as a DJ i nRL as well except twice yearly events. 

Many of us are older in RL and after 15 or so years we get exhausted from the virtual worlds. 

Add in cost and the thousands of dollars spent on sims and contracts. 

So its nice to kick back for the most part and enjoy bellesseria. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

I'm burned out. Need to kick back and enjoy the orginal feel.

So much this ^^    We  owned an estate & club *mumble* back in the day *cough* and  it's been a long time since I truly unreservedly enjoyed SL.   Bellisseria has made that happen again for me, like falling in love with your spouse after years of discord because you got reminded of everything awesome that attracted you to begin with

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Lukas Thetan said:

The Villages of Bellisseria, anyone? Given what I've seen in my neighborhood recently, I'm guessing it will be similar to its Florida namesake, complete with misbehaving seniors and Patch's golf carts!

🤣

If we’re going to play Village People, I want to be the Indian (sorry Selene, but I like his outfit).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If we’re going to play Village People, I want to be the Indian (sorry Selene, but I like his outfit).

OOh   OOH can I drag king as the leatherman, I wanna be the leatherman

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

6 minutes ago, Kitten Kaos said:

OOh   OOH can I drag king as the leatherman, I wanna be the leatherman

We have our headline act for Carnival Week in Pickletown this summer! Yay!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Village of Bellisseria--  yes, it is coming back to me now.......

This is how I got here, and I have remarked on just how many bubble rezzers there are in Bellisseria , accidental, I think not.

Edited by Cam Mode
tag line
  • Like 2

Still waiting on one of these Starter Homes *coughs* Retirement homes please...  any idea when the new area will be open and wouldn't it be pretty bloody awesome, if they had  a long bridge to drive across to get from one community to the next!!  You guys know the type, long flat just a little ways over the water!!  Please Sir, may I have some more! (may I have a house)

Hungry Please Sir May IHave Some More GIF - Hungry PleaseSirMayIHaveSomeMore Oliver GIFs
Edited by KasimiraMathilde
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Retirement homes? To be serious, I believe that there is potential for virtual reality to be a place to form communities for those of us who are no longer so mobile, but still want new experiences.

I considered building a replica of my retirement community in Minecraft and inviting my neighbors to join, but quickly realized that they weren't quite ready yet. Maybe the next generation...

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, RuffertasAlt said:

Retirement homes? To be serious, I believe that there is potential for virtual reality to be a place to form communities for those of us who are no longer so mobile, but still want new experiences.

I considered building a replica of my retirement community in Minecraft and inviting my neighbors to join, but quickly realized that they weren't quite ready yet. Maybe the next generation...

San Junipero  :D

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4538072/

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, RuffertasAlt said:

Actually, I feel that it already is.
SL in particular seems to be the place where people who passed 40 can look and feel they were still 21, without the burden of (most of) their RL physical limitations which inevitably start to kick in around 40/50. I, myself, am 49 and I am nowhere near the oldest in my circle of friends (I'm not the youngest either).

I have started to notice that when people reveal their RL age, it is more and more often an age over 60, and that's not even the oldest I have come across. Recently an 89-year-old resident (I didn't know her) passed away, and I was struck with how people described her as being passionate about SL.

So yeah, I know that there are many middle-aged and elderly people on SL, I just don't know how many. It could be interesting to find out.

41 minutes ago, RuffertasAlt said:

Minecraft is not quite the kind of game where people like to live in homes, built by someone else. SL is much more suited for that 🙂

• Like 4

SL in particular seems to be the place where people who passed 40 can look and feel they were still 21, without the burden of (most of) their RL physical limitations which inevitably start to kick in around 40/50

Also, the presence of the many 60s, 70s, and 80s themed clubs on SL can serve as a sign of the presence of these age groups. No way that you can make me believe that these clubs are run and frequented by mostly 20-year-olds 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.