Mainland boom set to slow down with new coming changes?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't imagine the increased Premium subscription fees will matter much after everybody calms down. It does mean all the "net of stipend" calculations need to be redone... and us oldbies with cash-flow-positive alts are a bit less smug about it.

Are you thinking the lower Estate fees will make them (even) more competitive with Mainland? I can see that, maybe, on the margins. Estates may have been feeling sorry for themselves, post-Bellisseria.

I keep kinda waiting to see another buy-down to grandfathered rates; this seemed a prime opportunity and nothing, so maybe it'll be a long wait.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I can't imagine the increased Premium subscription fees will matter much after everybody calms down. It does mean all the "net of stipend" calculations need to be redone... and us oldbies with cash-flow-positive alts are a bit less smug about it.

Are you thinking the lower Estate fees will make them (even) more competitive with Mainland? I can see that, maybe, on the margins. Estates may have been feeling sorry for themselves, post-Bellisseria.

I keep kinda waiting to see another buy-down to grandfathered rates; this seemed a prime opportunity and nothing, so maybe it'll be a long wait.

I so totally concur with this. The premium increase calculates to an additional $2.50 per month (Annual sub, which is a wise way to go). The biggest whining I see is the new cash-out rate, which is fully in-line with the fees charged by Pay Pal and oll the credit card companies. And seriously: is cashing out $5000 and having a $175 fee going to hurt that much? And since it's a percentage that means $500.00 will only be $17.50 and $50.00 is $1.75. OUCH!

"cash-flow-positive alts are a bit less smug about it."     

Yep -- alts used to cost about $12 a year, now they will cost about $39 a year unless they raise the stipends.  At $12 it was worth having a couple for a land group, at $39 better to just pay the full tier.   We get a year more to sort it all out, anything could happen.   "What me worry?"

2 hours ago, FaintOutline said:

"cash-flow-positive alts are a bit less smug about it."     

Yep -- alts used to cost about $12 a year, now they will cost about $39 a year unless they raise the stipends.  At $12 it was worth having a couple for a land group, at $39 better to just pay the full tier.   We get a year more to sort it all out, anything could happen.   "What me worry?"

Yes. I suspect we'll see a lot more unrented land abandoned by the land barons. Much of vacant, for-rent mainland now starts costing them real money.

True ANIMATS, the regions in yellow will increase A LOT and lots of premiums will leave. Most of those I know are ending their period and stop.

Not everyone is rich...

Edited by MALIFAX
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

$50 will cost you $3 actually.

ZOMG! Double ouch. Poor, poor things who must suffer that. Then best solution is to just dicontinue cash-outs? Just asking. //dealwithit

Edited by Alyona Su

The "mainland boom" was caused by the increased premium membership tier and I think that was well and truly over already.

The increased premium fee will reduce the popularity of mainland and so will Belliseria, I think that goes without saying. The question is how much and my best guess is that it will be enough to be noticeabke but not so much it will be critical.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BarcelonaMaria said:

Yet LL announced today that there will be no transaction fees to upload Sansar dollars.

Favour one unsuccessful model and kick the successful one.

Not smart.

What I read was "you can gift and tip Sansar Dollars without any additional charges."     

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:15 AM, iamyourneighbour said:

Whatcha think? Will the change in cost affect mainland developments?

I would go with Yes. It will make for even more competition between grandfathered Estate, regular Estate holders and the Mainland. But overall everything has been dropping rentals wise. The new reductions and prices are nothing more than a stop gap to allow time for people to be shifted over to their eventual new Linden homes/land areas. Linden Labs has been working to remove the mainland as an option for years and years.  The timing of these changes and the ability to prepay to extend your Premium as well as the limited time offer starting within a week of their posting and ending a few weeks later. During the early slowdown Season on renting also rings of a money grab for some Linden Labs project.  

Edited by Jason1 Draconia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.