Jump to content
Grumpity Linden

A brief note on pricing changes, which ran long.

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Grumpity Linden said:

 

Thank you for keeping the groups the way they are for non-premium members.  I understand you want to keep groups on the best performance as possible.  Hopefully, the overloading issues can be fixed in time with limited disruptions.   My recommendations to have if you plan on increasing any limit before it's done make sure it goes through some testing before it's released to the public this way there won't be any concerns about it and won't need to take back what is given to all. :) Thank you again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Rough guesstimate from various sources is approx. 60,000.  I truly do not remember where that figure was first mentioned, but it was sometime in the previous year.  

If (big if because I can't numbers myself out of a paperbag) I understood correctly there are more than 60.000 unique landowners on the Mainland, these would all HAVE to be premium account holders.
But this number doesn't take into account the people who are premium members but don't own Mainland land or people who are premium account holders but who own private regions, like myself.
Source; https://www.virtualverse.one/forums/threads/mainland-census-jan-2019.1676/

So the number could be a lot higher seeing as people become premium for all sorts of reason, not always just to own land.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, with Linden Labs you never know.  It might be here tomorrow, and then we can read all about it.  It might never get here like the second name program that was coming in 2018, and then late in 2018, and has now fallen silent.  I don't pay any attention to it until its already here. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Erwin Solo said:

Ah, with Linden Labs you never know.  It might be here tomorrow, and then we can read all about it.  It might never get here like the second name program that was coming in 2018, and then late in 2018, and has now fallen silent.  I don't pay any attention to it until its already here. 

That's a good point. I almost wish I never had an inkling of an idea that anything is coming. It would relieve so much stress--- lol ... again my problem and something I need to work on .. but at 66 I doubt that's something I'm going to change. :P 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Continuing wrong, otherwise attempts to rob the owners of basic accounts. Now you threw a bone like a dog, returning a part of what we already had, and think that it was all over?
It's outrageous!
The credibility of the owners of the game is lost almost completely, the greed of the owners has no limit.
Tomorrow you will raise prices again, and again steal from us what you have, by entering for example limits on things, on the number of suits, on the number of teleports, or invent some other *****. To squeeze money out of us.
Where is the guarantee that you do not stop mocking us?
You hurt us all and spit in our faces.
All players are offended.
You already put your hand in our pocket, raising the prices for depositing money and VIP!
Moreover, they offended all their players!
Where is the compensation?
Return the number of IM base accounts and as compensation for insulting all your players, increase the number of groups to 70 for the base account.
And stop trying to rob us, then to make us buy what you stole.

  • Haha 6
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, LeeeBlack said:

All players are offended.
Moreover, they offended all their players!

You're being hysterical, in both senses of the word.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides.
I, like a VIP, outraged
You increased the payment by 30 percent and gave me an additional 10 groups?
Seriously?
Remove all limits from the number of groups for VIP, and increase the number of prims in VIP homes by 2 times
Otherwise, your VIPs will leave you, so pay extra for + 10 groups + 30 percent - there are no such fools.

Everyone should understand that Linden can easily remove all restrictions on the number of groups - these are database settings, the database is NOT overloaded with a list of groups, this is 1 click in the administrative panel )))
The list of user groups of the game has no effect on the database. If there were 1000 groups and each, then it is possible)

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

You're being hysterical, in both senses of the word.

did I insult you?
You do not see the trend?
Tomorrow, basic accounts can enter a limit on clothes, on teleportation, on time online, and other *****.
Do you want it?

  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LeeeBlack said:

did I insult you?
You do not see the trend?
Tomorrow, basic accounts can enter a limit on clothes, on teleportation, on time online, and other *****.
Do you want it?

This is some first class trolling of the "extreme drama" variety (my fave). I applaud you, and thank you for the laughs! Well done!👏

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LeeeBlack said:

Continuing wrong, otherwise attempts to rob the owners of basic accounts.

You can't really complaint of something that is given to you for free being taken away.

6 minutes ago, LeeeBlack said:

You increased the payment by 30 percent and gave me an additional 10 groups?

You have no payment info on file.

7 minutes ago, LeeeBlack said:

Everyone should understand that Linden can easily remove all restrictions on the number of groups - these are database settings, the database is NOT overloaded with a list of groups, this is 1 click in the administrative panel )))
The list of user groups of the game has no effect on the database. If there were 1000 groups and each, then it is possible)

You also don't understand software development or how systems scale, or fail to scale as you add more and more users/entries/calls to them.

SL has ~8 million user accounts, whether they are active or not is not relevant so long as they are in an active group.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Jo Yardley said:

True if you don't buy on the mainland but you really do need that chat support as a landowner, in my experience anyway.
 

sim owners and estate managers have concierge support, thats a little different than basic :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anything good happened from this thread I must thank those creators who clearly showed me that they do not want my filthy basic money -  THANK YOU ;) I will gladly spend it now at those other "greedy" creators that showed some concern for the majority of their customers or at least didn't shun them in this thread.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LeeeBlack said:


You do not see the trend?
 

at your replies?... yes i see a trend, it gets more hysterical every day

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

sim owners and estate managers have concierge support, thats a little different than basic :)

That's what I mean.
Live chat support is really quite handy if you own land.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LeeeBlack said:

All players are offended.

Once again - as when you told us that we all hated Linden Lab - you speak only for yourself and maybe your buddies (you know the ones: the millions of Russian users). You cannot presume to speak for anyone else, and you sure as hell don't speak for me.

31 minutes ago, LeeeBlack said:

Moreover, they offended all their players!

Stop with this this 'ALL' business.

Better yet: go outside and get some fresh air. It might calm you down.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

If anything good happened from this thread I must thank those creators who clearly showed me that they do not want my filthy basic money -  THANK YOU ;) I will gladly spend it now at those other "greedy" creators that showed some concern for the majority of their customers or at least didn't shun them in this thread.

in the merchants section it's also the same as with last raise... if you don't agree to some you'r put down as ignorant, stupid and not knowing what you'r talking about, acting like LL takes their last L$ ...

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skell Dagger said:

Better yet: go outside and get some fresh air. It might calm you down.

wodka solves all

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcoOp3ar4t5HsfwVvaTwI

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jo Yardley said:

True if you don't buy on the mainland but you really do need that chat support as a landowner, in my experience anyway.

If you own a region, live chat support is pretty much mandatory, you wont need it often, but when you do, you really really do.

22 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

This is some first class trolling of the "extreme drama" variety (my fave). I applaud you, and thank you for the laughs! Well done!👏

This tends to be what happens when someone gets upset and their first language isn't English. Take the message seriously rather than just laughing at the delivery.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Jo Yardley said:

True if you don't buy on the mainland but you really do need that chat support as a landowner, in my experience anyway.
 

Region owners have Concierge level support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

in the merchants section it's also the same as with last raise... if you don't agree to some you'r put down as ignorant, stupid and not knowing what you'r talking about, acting like LL takes their last L$ ...

To be totally honest, the exchange rate (global one I mean) can cost as much / offset the cost for smaller international merchants.

It WAS costing me 115USD to get 100€ a couple of months ago, now it's 112USD for 100€, which is 3USD better for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

:SwingingFriends:

Edited by roseelvira
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, FreyasFashions said:

To be totally honest, the exchange rate (global one I mean) can cost as much / offset the cost for smaller international merchants.

It WAS costing me 115USD to get 100€ a couple of months ago, now it's 112USD for 100€, which is 3USD better for me. 

yes, but the exchange rates aren't something that's in reach of LL that's international economy, a international business as LL with SL can't base their fees on such fluctuating market.
Residents out of the USA have this always changing levels since start.
As soon the Euro changes again compared to the USD we can be cheaper..or more expensive to keep premium

Edited by Fox Wijaya
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fox Wijaya said:

yes, but the exchange rates aren't something that's in reach of LL that's international economy, a international business as LL with SL can't base their fees on such fluctuating market.
Residents out of the USA have this always changing levels since start.

I know, I was merely mentioning it from a "small international merchant who's affected by price changes" POV 

☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FreyasFashions said:

I know, I was merely mentioning it from a "small international merchant who's affected by price changes" POV 

☺️

yes i understand, but it's not only the merchant, all who buy L$ or premium are feeling that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...