A brief note on pricing changes, which ran long.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Coolnet Ordinary said:

Can you still buy the premium before the 24th for the low-cost rate of the 72 dollars a year?  Like, if I want to buy it on the 10th will it be available?

from Grumpity Linden's OP at the top: " Premium prices are going up on June 24. "

so yes if you buy on the 10th then it will cost $US72

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coolnet Ordinary said:

Can you still buy the premium before the 24th for the low-cost rate of the 72 dollars a year?  Like, if I want to buy it on the 10th will it be available?

Not only can you buy Premium on June 10th for $72, but you will also be able to select the Prepay option and lock in a second year at that $72 rate, if you want -- at least from everything I've read.

I have the super old account that gets L$500 a week. I'm paying the quarterly now, but I've been wanting to go to yearly. BUT, I've remained on the quarterly because of my fear of losing my stipend.  Has anyone had success in this situation? I'd like to take advantage of the old annual pricing for one more year at least.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Monique Bellambi said:

I have the super old account that gets L$500 a week. I'm paying the quarterly now, but I've been wanting to go to yearly. BUT, I've remained on the quarterly because of my fear of losing my stipend.  Has anyone had success in this situation? I'd like to take advantage of the old annual pricing for one more year at least.

upgrading to yearly won't change your stipend,  also down to monthly wouldn't, there's no hiatus in your status as it would be by going basic.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Monique Bellambi said:

Lucky you :). The 500 /week is granted because the account is old. As long you keep it premium (monthly , quarterly , year , no matter) the stipend will be the same.

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2019 at 8:47 AM, ZenCho Balhaus said:

Also as a premium maybe make it free for premium member to purchase lindens as a perk, to offset the yearly increase of premium membership.

The ever increasing transaction fees are why I went premium in the first place. This would definitely be a great perk for premiums that were purchasing $L regularly before the transaction fee increase. It would, imo, encourage impulse buys of $L.

The simple maths of this increase.

The main financial benefit of a premium account is to own land without paying tier. 

A premium account cost $72 a year..  The stipend of L300 per week is approximately $60 a year. So the cost of a prem account was $12 a year.

That meant it cost about $1 a month to have 1024 sq m of land (before last year, $1 a month to have 512).

Increasing  the charge to $99 means it now costs $39 (99-60) for what did cost $12.  That's a three-fold increase.  That is absurdly high.

It is now around $3.25 for 1024 sq m of land - that's $1.62 for 512, so more than a 50% increase on the price it was before the amount of tier was doubled last year.

Essentially the "tier doubling" last year appears to be just a set-up to obscure this price increase, as I am now getting less for my money than I was before it happened. Just saying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Josain Zsun said:

Where is the option to pre-pay? I've unsuccessfully searched my account & the site for it. I thought it was available today?

this has been asked and answered several times today already, but there are so many trheads chewed out on this raising subject it's hard to find.
the day is still young for LL, it will be opened somewhere in their office hours.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Athene Watanabe said:

The simple maths of this increase.

The main financial benefit of a premium account is to own land without paying tier. 

A premium account cost $72 a year..  The stipend of L300 per week is approximately $60 a year. So the cost of a prem account was $12 a year.

That meant it cost about $1 a month to have 1024 sq m of land (before last year, $1 a month to have 512).

Increasing  the charge to $99 means it now costs $39 (99-60) for what did cost $12.  That's a three-fold increase.  That is absurdly high.

It is now around $3.25 for 1024 sq m of land - that's $1.62 for 512, so more than a 50% increase on the price it was before the amount of tier was doubled last year.

Essentially the "tier doubling" last year appears to be just a set-up to obscure this price increase, as I am now getting less for my money than I was before it happened. Just saying.

However, the tier cost for a 1024 sqm parcel is $7 month (or $84 a year) so I feel that I still come out ahead, even with the $99 annual premium cost. 

• Like 2

Just now, moirakathleen said:

However, the tier cost for a 1024 sqm parcel is $7 month (or $84 a year) so I feel that I still come out ahead, even with the $99 annual premium cost. 

Moira.. give it up... if after 50 pages on this subject, in this thread only already, doesnt give enough answers, nothing will help anymore.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

this has been asked and answered several times today already, but there are so many trheads chewed out on this raising subject it's hard to find.
the day is still young for LL, it will be opened somewhere in their office hours.

I may be remembering incorrectly, but I thought I remembered Grumpity saying something about the option showing up on 6/4.  If it's not available by mid-day tomorrow I might start worrying, but otherwise I'm in no hurry.  We have a pretty good sized window to do the pre-pay so one day isn't going to make a big difference.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moirakathleen said:

I may be remembering incorrectly, but I thought I remembered Grumpity saying something about the option showing up on 6/4.  If it's not available by mid-day tomorrow I might start worrying, but otherwise I'm in no hurry.  We have a pretty good sized window to do the pre-pay so one day isn't going to make a big difference.  

I thought it was today, but at any rate, it is not yet office hours for LL. And I agree, there is no rush; it's not like a batch of new homes coming out. lol

• Like 1

Just now, moirakathleen said:

The last year it was a no-brainer to go premium rather than pay rent, and it's still better than paying tier at low levels, yes, but  it's much more expensive than it was before they made any changes, and I feel that can't be something they were unaware of. 

Having persuaded my friends of the value of going premium, and it only costing them $1 a month or essentially 250L a week to own their own 1024, I now feel a bit of a tit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

Moira.. give it up... if after 50 pages on this subject, in this thread only already, doesnt give enough answers, nothing will help anymore.

You're right.  First the new homes and now this - I should probably just stay away altogether for a few weeks.  It would probably help my frustration levels a lot. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

I wasn't asking for answers.  I was pointing out that the maths of the changes mean you are getting a lot less for your money than before the tier increase, and Moira had replied to me.   I don't know what the relevance of your statement was.

Edited by Athene Watanabe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Athene Watanabe said:

It is now around $3.25 for 1024 sq m of land -

a real robbery i guess.

• Haha 2

Totally understandable. You can charge whatever you want as the user base isn't growing and it isn't going anywhere. Ring them dry. Why stop at 5% at cash out? Take 20! After all it's for the good of the economy like magic rainbows. Maybe you can try to squeeze another 10 sims onto a server box for the good of the economy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Josain Zsun said:

Where is the option to pre-pay? I've unsuccessfully searched my account & the site for it. I thought it was available today?

4 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

4 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I thought it was today, but at any rate, it is not yet office hours for LL. And I agree, there is no rush; it's not like a batch of new homes coming out. lol

The Pre-pay is now available on my Premium Membership page.  I am currently annual and I can pre-pay annual, but I do not get any pre-pay option if I select monthly.  Not sure if that is because I am already annual or if an annual pre-pay is all they have decided to allow.

22 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The Pre-pay is now available on my Premium Membership page.  I am currently annual and I can pre-pay annual, but I do not get any pre-pay option if I select monthly.  Not sure if that is because I am already annual or if an annual pre-pay is all they have decided to allow.

My understanding was that you can pre-pay at your current level (annual, for example), or you can move UP to annual. I haven't seen anything indicating you can move down to a more frequent payment plan like monthly and be allowed to pre-pay at the "old" rate, too. Interesting question!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.