Most exciting = all new membership level

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

From that Linden post "Even more improvements to Premium Membership are coming later this year: more new Linden Home themes and options as well as the introduction of an all-new membership level for those who want to get the absolute most out of their Second Life."

I hope the new membership level are home meant to be more than starter homes. And some last names! Well that is what I would want.

What do you all think the "all-new membership level" will be ??

I'm staying monthly so I can join the new level later this year. 

What I want with a super-premium membership:

• The bugs I report on the JIRA get fixed within 3 months.
  • Any sim where I own land gets enough computer resources that 100% of my scripts run.
  • 30 second delay on being ejected by any security orb while in a vehicle.
  • Free mesh uploads on the main grid.
  • A few mole requests per year for curb cuts and similar municipal maintenance.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

[This is a tangent. I don't know how to cross-link it to a new techie thread. Probably quick divergence.]

1 hour ago, animats said:
  • Any sim where I own land gets enough computer resources that 100% of my scripts run.

Did we ever ask the Lab directly if they have data that script performance has gotten worse across the grid?

We know they're working on reducing scheduler overhead, but have they said they know that's the main problem?

@animats, your whole wish-list is interesting, and @Louminca this is a pretty cool thread topic which is kinda distinct from the other rant'n'rave reaction threads. Woulda been a good topic for the Labs to have raised with us months ago. I wonder if they tried to. Or ran marketing studies or something. )

3 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Did we ever ask the Lab directly if they have data that script performance has gotten worse across the grid?

We know they're working on reducing scheduler overhead, but have they said they know that's the main problem?

Oz  admitted that idle script overhead is a bigger issue than previously thought. Several people have tried putting a few thousand do-nothing scripts in an idle sim and saw the sim slow down. This is really easy to test.

But no, the Lab has not admitted that script performance has gotten worse across the grid.

Sometimes a sim restart improves performance, which indicates a resource leak somewhere. That's a separate problem.

• Thanks 1

Since LL have already announced a price rise for the existing membership I would only assume that the 'new' option will cost more (they're not gonna set a reduced option if they just put the price up...). What the added benefits will be I couldn't guess. Maybe something more in the way of support or benefits to do with owning sims or businesses or something like that

2 hours ago, animats said:

What I want with a super-premium membership:

• The bugs I report on the JIRA get fixed within 3 months.
  • 30 second delay on being ejected by any security orb while in a vehicle.
  • Free mesh uploads on the main grid.
  • A few mole requests per year for curb cuts and similar municipal maintenance.

I'd settle for 3 years on the first.  That would be an improvement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

For Premium Level 2,

I want near Charter Member benefits:

• 4096 sqm free tier.
  • 500 L$ weekly stipend.

I want the following building/scripting benefits:

• Ability to purchase grid scope experiences
  • Ability to purchase an increase to an Experience's KVP db size in 128MB increments
  • Ability to compile larger sized scripts, 128KB and 256KB
  • Ability to scale prims/mesh to at least 2048m on any axis
  • Ability to link/set/rez Animesh up to 500 Ktris, attached Animesh can remain limited to 100 Ktris

Maybe more attach slots?

• Like 3

For Premium Level 2, I'd like to be able to apply all that premium goodness to my Full Region Tier in some way.  Even owning a region, I keep a premium account so I can get to those awesome virtually empty Premium Sandboxes.  Sometimes one wants to try something and not junk up one's sim.  

Also, I want a Grid Scope Experience, like @Lucia Nightfire mentions above.  

Also, the ability to set one of those vanity titles here in the forums. 

And I want a autographed photo of Governor Linden.  

Edited by Erwin Solo
Made more politically correct.
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mollymews said:

we have to make 500 posts to get the ability to change our vanity tag on here

Oh good.  Now I know the number.  I'd been wasting my time over in the scripting forum with serious stuff.  I need another 250.  That's why I'm in the chatter forums this morning.

5 minutes ago, Erwin Solo said:

Correction, I need another 252, but who's counting?

a fast way to 500 is to play the  two word game on here, chat in the Derail Thread, etc. And if you quote me and say thanks again then 251 to go 😛

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You mean the Super Premium Excalibur Account of Awesomeness?  I thought there was only one of those, awarded to @Ceka Cianci !

Well,there were a few that got them,but slowly they faded away..

It's  a lot of account to handle and some just couldn't handle all the awesome..With Great Awesomeness comes Great Responsibility..So they added the Excalibur afterwards when it was just me.

So I became, The Sole Super Premium Excalibur Account of Awesomeness Holder.

They said they wouldn't give those out anymore because they were actually bad for retention, because too much awesome just isn't a good thing..

hehehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

...They said they wouldn't give those out anymore because they were actually bad for retention, because too much awesome just isn't a good thing..

You can never be too rich, too thin, or too awesome.

10afeffea6e5a8c7ddc31213ff2b72b3.jpg

Or, I suppose, too Premium.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You can never be too rich, too thin, or too awesome.

10afeffea6e5a8c7ddc31213ff2b72b3.jpg

Or, I suppose, too Premium.

Now that you mention it,the ones that didn't survive, were men.

Maybe there is still hope for others after all!! \o/

Join me sisters! It's been so lonely at the top all these years..

hehehe

• Like 1

Ok but seriously.

New Premium...

Second Life Email   

SasyScarborough@SecondLife.com always wondered why that wasn't a thing, save all offlines etc to your own account that can be accessed in world or out.

Stipend

if annual, if you need an advance you just withdraw what you need, shoes cost 450 you ask for 450, when stipend is gone it is either buy more or wait until next years.

Extra renamable system folders

Want gestures to be home & garden, just right click rename, need clothing ordinary and clothing roleplay, do it. 

Trash folder IQ

When deleting the trash folder asks you if you realise that you moved you hair folder to it, that it knows you wear it often, and that you may regret it...on the side trash also offers counseling on inventory hording, reminding you you have not worn that dress since 2009.

Lottery

All super premis get put into a draw, and each year one name is drawn and they get to be an honorary Linden for a day, and that entails sitting in a chair and letting people give them advice for 8 hours and after that a huge party in the cornfield.

Worth It !

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.