What would YOU do if you were Linden Lab?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Fionalein said:

also a lot were snatched up by premium users who had no interest in a Linden Home before. 

There are also those who snatched up more than one Linden home using alts and are in possession of two or more. I seem to be the only one that sees that as wrong.

9 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

There are also those who snatched up more than one Linden home using alts and are in possession of two or more. I seem to be the only one that sees that as wrong.

Clearly defys the "starter home" idea - people holding on to more than one premium account for sure are anything but starters. The LDPW just did a way too good job this time.

The problem is, while it can be percieved as morally wrong technically secondary accounts should be entitled to a Linden Home just as much as anyone else is.

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i think it can't be a huge amount, because we only see (according the posts) 3 or 4 houses released as abondoned every day. .. however there aren't many homes yet, 3 or 4 a day is nothing.

In spite of parts with some die hards, ( where also a danger is by creating a elite world) the success off Bellisseria is in hand of the residents. Seeing all the posts from unhappy people.. (who will be unhappy about the purple flowers or white daisies in your garden too) i'm nearly happy not living there.

Possibly. When I was paying attention to the rerolls there were comments about six a day and some of those would most likely have been for other reasons like wanting more prims and of course there was the security orb change etc. . Likely more at the opening when so many folks went premium thinking they would get a house than now --- when hopefully more folks know that their chances are slim. And I see that I misspelled and didn't correct abandoned (boo hiss). 

Well hopefully we will get back to the happier days of the beginning.  I am taking a Bellisseria break for a bit in hopes of getting my enthusiasm back. But the Moles are doing a LOVELY job and the new areas ARE outstanding. So hopefully there will be a few people with big smiles as the new houses unroll.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Clearly defys the "starter home" idea - people holding on to more than one premium account for sure are anything but starters. The LDPW just did a way too good job this time.

The problem is, while it can be percieved as morally wrong technically secondary accounts should be entitled to a Linden Home just as much as anyone else is.

I don't disagree but when there is a shortage like there is, no one should be allowed to have more than one until enough are deployed to cover the demand. Once the initial demand is met then if someone wants to have more than one, go for it. Otherwise, they're just being greedy pigs and don't give a damn about others. If that's how they want to be seen, that's on them.

Could someone share a link to a post or blog or something, assuming there is one, where Linden tells what changes are coming? I can't find any. I mean, is there going to be some decrease in the benefits the free accounts get like someone wrote here and what are these decreases going to be?

Edit: I think i found my answer here, so no need for anyone to post anything for me.

Edited by Ansiri
answered to myself

6 hours ago, Ansiri said:

Could someone share a link to a post or blog or something, assuming there is one, where Linden tells what changes are coming? I can't find any. I mean, is there going to be some decrease in the benefits the free accounts get like someone wrote here and what are these decreases going to be?

Edit: I think i found my answer here, so no need for anyone to post anything for me.

LL rescinded the change in the number of groups for Basic accounts -- it stays at 42.  The number of saved offline IMs does drop to 15.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.