Jump to content
Ginger Xuisse

What are your opinions on the new "Land Price Reductions, New Premium Perks, and Pricing Changes "?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

In either case, please be sensitive. You're hurting Cindy's feelings.

It's ok, I know where his friend lives.  

Jason Momoa Thats True GIF - JasonMomoa ThatsTrue Dat GIFs

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Feels like it must be time for some

Jason Momoa Game Of Thrones GIF - JasonMomoa GameOfThrones GoT GIFs

 

11 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

giphy.gif&sp=0b587b45173973ccf88e6b69902

Dunno what it says about me, but I'd rather spend lunch across the table being "Nope'd" by the second fella than asking the waiter for extra napkins to clean up the first fella.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Dunno what it says about me, but I'd rather spend lunch across the table being "Nope'd" by the second fella than asking the waiter for extra napkins to clean up the first fella.

Oh thank god... I was starting to think I was the only one...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  

 

  i AM SO SORRY   NEVER MEANT TO HURT ANYONE FEELINGS ,,,,,  DID NOT KNOW IT WOULD HIT A NERVE ,,,,,,, VERY SORRY FOR  EVEN A WHISPER OF THAT 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

   i AM SO SORRY   NEVER MEANT TO HURT ANYONE FEELINGS ,,,,,  DID NOT KNOW IT WOULD HIT A NERVE ,,,,,,, VERY SORRY FOR  EVEN A WHISPER OF THAT 

I don't believe you've done anything to apologize for, Rose (may I call you Rose?). Nobody's feelings were hurt. Most of us (well at least Sylvia and me) have no idea what the Atari incident was all about. We just took your reference and had fun with it, as we do.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mikal Brinner said:

One topic which I have read is a concern is the fees applied to withdrawing funds from SL.  Forgive me if I don't have the actual rates presented accurately but I do have a point and suggestion to share.  For nonpaying participants in SL, the fee to take Lindens into the RL should be greater than the fee for members.  Here's why, as members, we are already paying into the community for the greater good.  We are part of the profit scheme LL has.  It isn't to say nonmembers do not contribute toward the SL economy, many do but what value is membership when nonmembers get the same relative benefit when they don't contribute?  Perhaps by charging nonmembers a 5% fee to withdraw and charging members a 3.5% fee to withdraw inworld earnings, more people would choose to be members and membership would have another value add. 

This suggestion, I think, has some merit. A friend already suggested to me that it would make sense for the Super Premium subscription to waive the cash-out fees in exchange for a hefty up-front membership fee.

And I think this particular bit is especially valid: "what value is membership when nonmembers get the same relative benefit...?"  However much we all honor and cherish our Basic brethren, if the Lab wants to sell Premium or Super Premium subscriptions in order to reduce other fees, those subscriptions simply must have some marginal utility.

Just practically, it seems the Lab's compliance costs might be lower for transactions involving Premium members, for which they already have financial information on record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll leave the "us and them" rants where they belong as they aren't constructive.

Do basic members not contribute to the greater good?  No, I said many do.  The real point is by increasing the premium pricing without offering a relative increased or differential benefit between premium and basic members, what point is there in a premium membership?  The value add is marginal.  The difference between a basic and premium membership is negligible.  Where LL should give some consideration is something above the 300L stipend or just plain eliminate the premium membership and then everyone is treated in the same manner.

As an incentive to being a premium member, offering something of value such as different rate schemes for withdrawal of funds is at topic.  By increasing the rate of a "voluntary tax" in the form of a premium membership without assigning some relative increase to those who choose not to pay for premium membership, LL is placing the cost burden on premium members.  So is that fair or reasonable?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Remember Chapter 4? Those were the 'late adapters'. 

And now! Welcome to Chapter 5 of the 'Technology Adoption Cycle': Featuring - The Laggards. 

copy-product-life-cycle.png?w=2308&ssl=1

 

https://fourweekmba.com/technology-adoption-curve/

It's a lab remember? A lab that has been collecting data on everyone and everything that happens inside SL and has been following the Technology Adoption life cycle model because SL is a lab and is a technology.

We/you are paying for improvements made in Second Life through the years that private contractors and residents, many of which have become private contractors to the lab, have created. The lab absorbs the most talented residents and anything else it wants, when it wants.

Remember, not long ago, they hired Strawberry Singh? They knew she had a big following and added value to SL. You are now helping to pay her salary and are paying the lab for her input. You are paying to be a follower. Why? According to the technology adaption curve, they know that stage 5 users are the laggards. They are loyal followers, resistant to change and skeptical of innovation. 

Just out of curiosity, what do you think they are going to do with all of the information they have gathered through the years? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ann Forbes said:

Just out of curiosity, what do you think they are going to do with all of the information they have gathered through the years? 

Lol.

You think they kept data they could have collected?

They don't even have historical trend data about the percentage of scripts run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mikal Brinner said:

I'll leave the "us and them" rants where they belong as they aren't constructive.

Do basic members not contribute to the greater good?  No, I said many do.  The real point is by increasing the premium pricing without offering a relative increased or differential benefit between premium and basic members, what point is there in a premium membership?  The value add is marginal.  The difference between a basic and premium membership is negligible.  Where LL should give some consideration is something above the 300L stipend or just plain eliminate the premium membership and then everyone is treated in the same manner.

As an incentive to being a premium member, offering something of value such as different rate schemes for withdrawal of funds is at topic.  By increasing the rate of a "voluntary tax" in the form of a premium membership without assigning some relative increase to those who choose not to pay for premium membership, LL is placing the cost burden on premium members.  So is that fair or reasonable?

 

A basic player to have the same as a premium currently pays 58.2$ for each year they have a 1024 plot with the same prims they then pay 62$ a year to get the same lindens as the stipend. By my count thats 120$ a year. What to those that go premium get? A discount. Yes not all that money goes direct to the lab but you can calculate it quite easily how much they get from the rent money A private sim cost 295. it has 64 parcels of 1024 so (295X12)/64 =  55$

So for the premiums extra measly 17$ they get support. A weekly stipend, groups, ims, preferential entry, a linden home that doesnt count against their prim allowance and what ever else premium has lumped in.

Naturally there are basics that choose not to rent but when you compare like with like premium are really only paying 17$ soon to be 37 or so for all the extra's they get over and above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

18 minutes ago, Ann Forbes said:

And now! Welcome to Chapter 5 of the 'Technology Adoption Cycle':  

Ann 

  After reading your post  the whole thing NOW make sense ,,,,,,,,me i was ticked about  i just paid and then the  announcements  an,,,,d issues still not fixed  sent in ticket ,,,, no response ,,,, end  week  a usually Friday  i get the ticket closed due to not hearing from you.. ..... ikr   lolo     my husband and i bet on how long before they do this  lolol    or the delayed stipend  lolol

WOW  .Kind of  creepy ,,,,,  so is that the real reason DR PHIL was in second life ,,,,,, is it resistant to change or the money part . Lot if perceptions.   

   glad for the information ,,,,,, nice to know  we are paying to be computer  lab rats ,,,,,, wow ,,,,,,,

       makes ya think ,,,,, wow,,,,,,,studying human behavior through the computer/ ,,,,, sorry ,,,,,just  wow   wow wow .

 

      

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...