What are your opinions on the new "Land Price Reductions, New Premium Perks, and Pricing Changes "?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And if you two are smart, you are buying those in one or two large batches each month, or maybe even larger batches less frequently.  Assuming 2 buys per month, LL would make roughly $3.00 a month off of your L$ buys.

Free accounts help the SL economy out a lot because they do spend a lot inworld, but LL does not "directly" get a lot of money from free accounts -- unless they own full regions.  LL gets $1.49 per L$ buy transaction (and truly if you are doing lots and lots of little L$ buys, you aren't being smart with your money).  They get something like 5% of MP purchases.  Other than that, the only way they get your money is when you pay it to someone else that then pays LL tier or converts it to RL money and cashes out.

not true I think for basics that rent land. my basic account rents 8192 m2 my land lord pays 36.875 for that, I pay him 40$ I think its fair to say after his 3.125 $ profit he pays the rest to the lindens.

If people like me werent't renting he wouldn;t be paying for the sim and the labs would be down money

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KanryDrago said:

not true I think for basics that rent land. my basic account rents 8192 m2 my land lord pays 36.875 for that, I pay him 40$ I think its fair to say after his 3.125 $ profit he pays the rest to the lindens.

If people like me werent't renting he wouldn;t be paying for the sim and the labs would be down money

The wierd thng is I am not even complaining about the changes, I am merely complaining about those that come here whining about premiums being the only ones that contribute to sl's bottom line and therefore they deserve even more than they already get because all us basics are merely freeloaders. Drive us out and watch sl collapse 

20 hours ago, unmatched1 said:

There is literally nothing good about this announcement, Liden Labs is basically  just raising the cost of membership and the premiums get nothing in exchange.

I couldn't care less about having more groups, how about you give us a break and increase our weekly lidens allowance and land ownership instead ? At least that would warrant the price increase for the premium membership.

They did increase your land ownership - doubled your tier amount from 512 to 1024 just a tad over a year ago.  Sometime in the last decade they also increased the LI associated with each 512 from 117 to 175.  Those are just the land things that you've gotten.  There are a variety of other things that Premiums have been given over the years - and they have never ever before raised that membership fee.

If they increased the weekly stipend that would negate the issue of "increasing membership fees in order to bring LL more income".

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They did increase your land ownership - doubled your tier amount from 512 to 1024 just a tad over a year ago.  Sometime in the last decade they also increased the LI associated with each 512 from 117 to 175.  Those are just the land things that you've gotten.  There are a variety of other things that Premiums have been given over the years - and they have never ever before raised that membership fee.

If they increased the weekly stipend that would negate the issue of "increasing membership fees in order to bring LL more income".

at least they arent taking ***** away from you

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

I did say (and quote) the word "directly".   

3 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

at least they arent taking ***** away from you

Well, the only thing they are NOW taking from you is the offline IM cap.  You get to keep your group limit.

And actually, they are TAKING from me -- more of my RL money to pay for my membership.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

I did say (and quote) the word "directly".   

yes but I dont feel directly counts littleme, regardless of whether I pay them direct or my landlord passes one most of what I pay him the labs still gets the money and they make about ten times more off tier than what the premiums give them

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Other than that, the only way they get your money is when you pay it to someone else that then pays LL tier

This is exactly what I have been doing all these years. Before Equinox sold Fruit Islands, I rented a homestead that was costing me $125 USD per month. I was there for over 2 years. Other half had his own homestead for a while that he paid for. I'd do it again too if I could afford it. I can't. But I still do what I can by renting from a land owner. And I still have to be able to buy Ls to do that. In whatever amounts I can when ever possible be it dribs and drabs or big chunks. Because I do care about SL. If I didn't, I would not be here.

I have the feeling most basic accounts do the same.

Well, the only thing they are NOW taking from you is the offline IM cap.  You get to keep your group limit.

And actually, they are TAKING from me -- more of my RL money to pay for my membership.

and the groups, I was comfortably under 42  and had a few to spare now I have to leave one to join one

I dont actually care to much about the restrictions as they don't hit me hard, I do care about the sneering attitude of elitist premiums who give less to the labs that I do and feel they arent getting enough already. And no that is not all premiums by any means but we have seen far to much of that in this thread

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

yes but I dont feel directly counts littleme, regardless of whether I pay them direct or my landlord passes one most of what I pay him the labs still gets the money and they make about ten times more off tier than what the premiums give them

Well, that totally depends on how much land the Premium owns.  I pay LL a whole lot more than the Premium fee of one account.

4 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

and the groups, I was comfortably under 42  and had a few to spare now I have to leave one to join one

No you don't.. They have rolled back that announcement:

• Like 3

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, that totally depends on how much land the Premium owns.  I pay LL a whole lot more than the Premium fee of one account.

shrugs hadnt seen that so mea culpa

Just now, KanryDrago said:

shrugs hadnt seen that so mea culpa

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I am not saying you dont. as I said not all premiums however there are a hell of a lot of premiums that make do with the stipend and the linden home and then whine they should get more because premium even though some basics contribute a damn sight more

Both premium and basic accounts are necessary for the SL economy.  There is no clear dividing line or formula that can state that one group or the other pays more to Linden Lab indirectly.  I'm premium, but I also rent from a private land owner's estate.  Until a few months ago, I was also paying tier on 8192 sqm of mainland for about 9 months.  I haven't relied on just my LH except for maybe a few weeks when I first joined.  Just like with anything else, we need to be careful about stereotyping groups. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes and no, because you are getting something more (even if it's not something you personally will use) for the increase so it's not quite the same thing. We all know this but I thought it bore mentioning.

31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

WOOO! I just now saw this! Yay!!! We were listened too! Woooo!!

And out of all the things that upset us the most was the 'group thing' it shows how much we do communicate with each other, find each other, meet and socialize with each other through groups. 
SL will be forever the social experiment that it first was all those many years ago. It may have all started with a cube; however, it will continue with the Human need to socialize and communicate with one another. 

Thank you, LL!  

• Like 5

Linden increases the annual premium fee for more than 37%. For what?

New premium homes? I'm waiting more than a month for a new home now.

I'm getting tired to read how hard Linden works to reveal more land ("later in this year").

Two weeks ago I planned to go premium with an alt too.

Now, after the threatened fee increase,  I'm seriously thinking to go basic again.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blutwurscht Back said:

Linden increases the annual premium fee for more than 37%. For what?

did you ditch your Netflix too when it raised within 2 yrs from 9 to 14 dollars?.. or sended emails with the same content as you see here?.... big difference is.. LL did change their decision... a Netflix will laugh , raise a bit more and go on with business as usual.
Premium got more groups, more insight in your spending, more land, new homes (at availablitly, but still have that 1024 sqm tier level)  and  LL didn't index the premium fees for years, perhaps they should do that, 5% every year? .. result would have been the same.. and perhaps even without the raise of landholdings and new homes.

• Like 3

Yes, but everyone who has a netflix has (or is borrowing) someones actual paid account.

My fees went up. I got .. more empty group slots to go with the empty group slots I don't care about.

The amount of land I can own hasn't changed since the last premium adjustment over a year ago, so don''t try to suggest that's part of this, because it plainly isn't.

New Linden Homes are new Linden Homes. They are an inducement to take the offering, not a part of the offering.

I don't own a region, and have no plans to own one again.

The only thing I'm getting is a bigger bill, increased cash out fees (which puts the overhead of L$ to US$ at something like 20% once everyone has had their cut along the way), and the option to give LL next years money today. Yaaaaaaaay. 

LL back tracked a small reduction in service that costs them nothing to accounts that pay them nothing for it, because the blogosphere went all in on how this would end SL as we know it, and in the process reduced the incentive for basic accounts to go premium.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

I think your are wrong setting a separation  between basic and premium accounts, like they would have different standard roles: there are basic accounts that never spend nothing and live their SL as they can in a cheap way, there are premium that pay for those accounts and also have activities that make them spend more, me for example pay two premium and spend a lot also cause have a land for my art gallery, do you think that premium like me are useless for the SL economy and deserve to be punished ?  

1 minute ago, Luna Istmal said:

I think your are wrong setting a separation  between basic and premium accounts, like they would have different standard roles: there are basic accounts that never spend nothing and live their SL as they can in a cheap way, there are premium that pay for those accounts and also have activities that make them spend more, me for example pay two premium and spend a lot also cause have a land for my art gallery, do you think that premium like me are useless for the SL economy and deserve to be punished ?  

I haven't ever said anything about all premiums are useful, I merely pointed out that SOME basics pay as much or more into LL's bottom line than SOME premiums. It was in response to SOME premium elitists stating that basic players didn't contribute and that premium players were the only worthwhile ones therefore it was quite right to restrict basic accounts and increase the premium perks.

See pay attention to the bolded words

3 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

See pay attention to the bolded words

Yes, I do, I really don't know who are these "some", but surely there are many different situations and for that I think is hard enough to talk about which one  has the right to complain for the choices LL made. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.